WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Boondock, That is an interesting thought and I doubt an abductor would want 2 girls at the same time. Listening to MB on that video she was expecting Lindsey back home that night. She said noting about the possibililty Kayla would be coming too, at least that I heard.

There is a RUMOR that the girls changed their mind on the way over to Kayla's house to both stay there for the night but who knows if that was true.

We have read somewhere she was only at Kayla's house for 10 to 15 min. That makes me think she wasn't necessarily seen on the way up to Kayla's house but on the way back which would mean it was a crime of opportunity. He saw her and decided this was the perfect time to make his move. IMO

I agree, it isn't likely an abductor would want two girls, but not out of the question. When I was younger a guy talked two girls and a boy into getting in his van. They were ages 11 - 13 and they knew the guy somehow. I'm not sure if he drugged them or what, but he took them out to the woods where he did unspeakable things and left them for dead. The boy made his way to the road and flagged down a car once the creep had left. The boy and one of the girls survived. And yes, this was in WA state.

o/t Are your dogs named Joe and Willie?

a week or two after Lindsey disappeared the info came out that she has long nails and would have scratched her abductor or left some wounds. I think that info was given to the public so one could look for scratches and bruises...two weeks late!? Pretty sure that's why the info came to the media's attention.

Wasn't it Lindey's mom who mentioned the long nails? If so maybe LE told her she should put that in the media for the reason you said. xox

Comparing these two pictures..
I'm thinking the one of her and Josh is at least 2 years old.

This picture is from Christmas of this year:
061062909lindseybaum.jpg

This was last summer or maybe the summer before (she looks to me to be about 9). It was not taken recently.
baum4.jpg

I was noticing the cross and whatever that is on the wall. I would really, really like to know where that pic was taken and by whom. This pic sets my hinky meter off.

ETA: I was looking at the larger pic and that does not look like a private home where the pic was taken. Could it be a church fellowship hall or something? The wall and hallway behind them look commercial to me. I don't think it is a church because it would not be proper for her brother to be without a shirt and Lindsey in a swimsuit.

Looks like paneling on the far wall. A thermostat and a flag on the wall and a cross on some furniture, maybe an organ or piano.? It does remind me of a church outbuilding or meeting place. Could it be a pic from a grandparent's home?

Definitely older looking in the Christmas picture. She looks more substantial, not as tiny as in the bathing suit pictures.

ETA: I was looking at the larger pic and that does not look like a private home where the pic was taken. Could it be a church fellowship hall or something? The wall and hallway behind them look commercial to me. I don't think it is a church because it would not be proper for her brother to be without a shirt and Lindsey in a swimsuit.

I think it's at someones home. The cupboards behind Josh look to be kitchen cupboards. And just above the cross is a heater thermostat dial thing.. looks like they are standing in the living room just off the kitchen.

Comparing these two pictures..
I'm thinking the one of her and Josh is at least 2 years old.

This picture is from Christmas of this year:
061062909lindseybaum.jpg

This was last summer or maybe the summer before (she looks to me to be about 9). It was not taken recently.
baum4.jpg

Great idea for comparison, Jennifer, and I agree, the difference seems clear.

I think it's at someones home. The cupboards behind Josh look to be kitchen cupboards. And just above the cross is a heater thermostat dial thing.. looks like they are standing in the living room just off the kitchen.

It's entirely possible that picture was taken while they were still in TN or wherever before they moved up here.

If nature and independence has any part to play in anything, that shirt she is wearing, "Mommy's Little Trouble Maker" has something to say about her social strength, I'd guess. Please don't interpret anything into my comment than the idea of what the shirt logo seems to indicate. Clearly she is independent, and that may go well for her if she is in a difficult place at the moment.

It's entirely possible that picture was taken while they were still in TN or wherever before they moved up here.

I agree, and I have also seen other photos that seem to support this idea, decor that is very similar.

There is only 1 motel in town and it's the original house "grand house" of the town...no pool and not a lot of amenities.

Hi McCleary, It is like a Bed & Breakfast? Bet it is a neat old home. Think I'll Google it to find a photo. Maybe it was built by the man who started the door co. Name?, but he was a real go getter from what I read.

I really enjoyed reading that link with the history of McCleary as it gave a good solid feeling for the town and kind of people who moved there. Hard working people helped all those little towns grow. Of course the same is true for the coastal towns too. Each has it's own flair and feeling.

We are very blessed up here in the Northwest. Ya Ya

If nature and independence has any part to play in anything, that shirt she is wearing, "Mommy's Little Trouble Maker" has something to say about her social strength, I'd guess. Please don't interpret anything into my comment than the idea of what the shirt logo seems to indicate. Clearly she is independent, and that may go well for her if she is in a difficult place at the moment.

Hi Norm, I think little Caylee had a pink shirt that said something similar to that.

Hi McCleary, It is like a Bed & Breakfast? Bet it is a neat old home. Think I'll Google it to find a photo. Maybe it was built by the man who started the door co. Name?, but he was a real go getter from what I read.

I really enjoyed reading that link with the history of McCleary as it gave a good solid feeling for the town and kind of people who moved there. Hard working people helped all those little towns grow. Of course the same is true for the coastal towns too. Each has it's own flair and feeling.

We are very blessed up here in the Northwest. Ya Ya

The McCleary Hotel - built in 1912 by town founder Henry McCleary to house special guests, provides an historic setting for dinners, weddings, receptions and other memorable occasions. Overnight guests enjoy rooms, most with private baths, and all with original furniture and fixtures.

http://www.graysharbor.org/com_McCleary.php

and on the city webpage, the pic at the top of the page is a view of the front of the hotel

http://www.cityofmccleary.com/

Yes McCleary, I think so too. When I was a door to door saleslady down in Aberdeen in my 20's I saw the inside of many a home and it seems very tradional. Lots of homes have crosses on the wall like that too.

Hey guys
checking in again while on vacation...looks like no good news still :(
this is kinda o/t but... has anyone hear read "The Shack"?
i know alot of people that have read it, so I picked it up the other day
and I can't put it down andI can't stop crying either!!!
it's like reading a story off of websleuths kinda but from the dad's point of view and then it's so deep and intense.....
I just had to mention it here....
Lindsey.... where are you????? :(

The McCleary Hotel - built in 1912 by town founder Henry McCleary to house special guests, provides an historic setting for dinners, weddings, receptions and other memorable occasions. Overnight guests enjoy rooms, most with private baths, and all with original furniture and fixtures.

http://www.graysharbor.org/com_McCleary.php

and on the city webpage, the pic at the top of the page is a view of the front of the hotel

http://www.cityofmccleary.com/

Thanks McCleary, Don't know if this will work but hope it does. Is this the old house Henry built?

I think the photos were taken at the dad's parents' place because the red and white striped wall hanging appears to be something patriotic, maybe a military photo of the dad. Could be an apartment or seniors' building pool in TN? I don't think the photos have much relevancy to the present time.

Just a FYI. The Google mapping for this area only recently, within the last few months, showed any real detail about McCleary. On the Google maps, our house still doesn't show up, however you can see the property is cleared to build the house on. Our house was completed near the end of 2006. So that gives you some idea how old those satellite photos are and how long it takes to get an area updated. At least 2.5 - 3 years.

o/t Are your dogs named Joe and Willie?

a week or two after Lindsey disappeared the info came out that she has long nails and would have scratched her abductor or left some wounds. I think that info was given to the public so one could look for scratches and bruises...two weeks late!? Pretty sure that's why the info came to the media's attention.

Bingo! :) The big boy (the tan and black one in the front of the pic, you'll notice that he's missing an eye if you look closely) is "Willie"...he's really "One Eyed Willie"....named after the character from the Gooneys. It gets even more silly, because his last name is "Wilson".....so I've got "One Eyed Willie Wilson".....LOL. The smaller guy in the background is "Joe-Joe"...he looks black in the pic but is actually a dark chocolate brown color.

Now, back to the topic (cause if I don't stop talking about my babies now, I probably never will....I tend to get a little carried away, lol). Why wouldn't the information have been given as soon as possible so people would know to keep an eye out for fresh scrapes and bruises? After two weeks the wounds would have had a chance to heal....so people would be less likely to notice. Whats the deal with that?

O/T...I think I'm in love with Joe the 'spaniel' ears. I've had spaniels all my life!

My guess is that mom forgot to mention her long nails to the police...forgot to mention how she would scratch her brother when in a tangle and that there was no problem in defending herself. Mom must have been frantic and just plain forgot to mention. OR the police forgot to ask questions OR the media didn't tell us.

I've been off the thread for a few hours or so...and am getting a bit confused.

Normcar, why are these particular property owners significant? I'm sure that I have just missed something or am having trouble catching up with you guys since I've been gone for a bit. Just hoping that you can clear that up for me, please.

eyes4crime, very good point. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to live a day in the life of a missing child's mother....don't know if I would have even been able to get it together enough to dial 911 to get the police to begin with. Didn't mean anything bad about the mom......just trying to make sense out of nonsense. By "nonsense" I'm referring to the fact that we haven't found this little girl yet and I know that people don't just vanish....there has to be some explanation. There has to be SOMETHING that has been overlooked.....and it's driving me NUTS that we don't know what it is.
ETA: Thanks for the compliments on my baby....I'll have to give him an extra treat before bed cause he's been a popular lil' guy today! Of course if one dog gets a treat, then they BOTH get treats....can't hurt anyone's feelings, lol. Haven't ever had anything but "pound puppies" and "rescue critters" so I don't know much about full breeds.....but I have noticed that he does require a little bit more grooming attention that Willie (ear cleaning, for example, is a DAILY thing for Joe....but more of a monthly thing for Willie). Would love any advice/experiences you'd like to share about having Cockers (via PM or in appropriate forum, of course)! Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member