DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
47477658_2022416867781463_8248749493881667584_n.jpg

47426960_2022416881114795_644144355942072320_n.jpg

Missing Adult Female: Loc D. Nguyen

Spokane Valley Sheriff’s Deputies are attempting to locate 24-year-old Loc D. Nguyen and are asking for your help.
###

Nguyen contacted her family/roommate on the evening of December 3, 2018, after she finished work. At that time, she stated she would be home late but has not been heard from since.

Major Crimes Detective have been called to assist in attempting to locate Nguyen and her silver 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan with Washington license plates BGM6240.

Loc D. Nguyen is described as an Asian/Vietnamese female, approximately 5’03”, 105 lbs., with black hair and black/brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a light sweater and jeans.

If you have seen Loc D. Nguyen, her 2009 Volkswagen, or know of their location, you are asked to call Crime Check at 509-456-2233 or 911, reference #10170072.

Spokane County Sheriff's Office

From the article:

It's been more than a week since 24-year-old Loc Nguyen disappeared from Spokane Valley. There are still no answers about what happened to her.

Authorities want you to keep an eye out for Nguyen. She was last heard from Dec. 3. That's when she told her family and friends she'd be home late from work.

They haven't heard from her since.

[...]

Deputies found her silver 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan near the Mirabeau Park Trailhead, on Dec. 5.

File _OP_5_CP__1544739066972.jpg_25115395_ver1.0_640_360.jpg loc_1544739457296_25115396_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

(bbm)

Was Spokane Valley woman kidnapped?
SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Office detectives are hoping a cell phone discovered in the Spokane River will unlock the secrets to the case of a missing woman.

Loc Nguyen, 24, seemingly vanished on December 3 after leaving work at a convenience store. On Wednesday, detectives filed a warrant to search her cellular phone which was found half-submerged in the river, two days after she was last seen.

Detectives searching phone records of missing 24-year-old girl

At about 11:05 p.m., she texted a family member and said, “I go to my friends house I will be home late tonight,” according to court documents. She didn’t message them again that night.

Two days later, the day family members reported her missing, a man found her car parked at a trail head near South Mirabeau Park in Spokane County. Nguyen’s phone was lying in the rocks and partly in the river, and the man took the phone to a T-Mobile store, where employees alerted police.

No keys were in the car’s ignition, and Nguyen’s purse and wallet had more than $100.00 in cash, court documents stated. The bottle of alcohol she bought that night was also in the car and unopened. Detectives also found cat treats from Petsmart from that night.

Was Spokane Valley woman kidnapped?
Detectives say they viewed video of her purchasing a bottle of alcohol at Total Wine & More and buying cat treats at the nearby Pet Smart. Detectives note that there doesn't appear to be anyone with or following Nguyen in either of the stores...

Two days later, her vehicle was located in the parking lot of the Centennial Trail at Mirabeau Park. Inside, detectives found the unopened bottle of alcohol she'd purchased at Total Wine & More and the cat treats. They also found her purse with more than $100 cash inside. Investigators say there was no blood or any evidence of a crime taking place in the vehicle. The keys were not found.
Glad to see LE taking this case seriously.

Detectives found three photos on the phone, and one was a picture of Nguyen’s car and someone’s hand, presumably Nguyen’s, holding a bottle of alcohol. The metadata from the picture showed she took the picture at a PetSmart at Northpointe Plaza.

After reviewing surveillance footage at Total Wine and More, detectives found video of Nguyen alone buying the bottle of alcohol. At PetSmart, there was no evidence that she was with someone else.

Missing woman’s phone found by Spokane River

Detectives found three photos on the phone, and one was a picture of Nguyen’s car and someone’s hand, presumably Nguyen’s, holding a bottle of alcohol. The metadata from the picture showed she took the picture at a PetSmart at Northpointe Plaza.

After reviewing surveillance footage at Total Wine and More, detectives found video of Nguyen alone buying the bottle of alcohol. At PetSmart, there was no evidence that she was with someone else.

Missing woman’s phone found by Spokane River

Thanks for the article. Wonder why she took that picture? The article reports that the hand photographed in the picture is presumably hers. Had they not...I might've thought this could be an abduction and perhaps she was leaving some type of a clue.

I hate to say it but this seems like it will unfortunately end up self harm. We've seen it all too often... Someone goes to a liquor or convenience store to purchase alcohol (or some other type of drink)...Drives to a forested or otherwise remote area...and is often found close to their car. :(

Thanks for the article. Wonder why she took that picture? The article reports that the hand photographed in the picture is presumably hers. Had they not...I might've thought this could be an abduction and perhaps she was leaving some type of a clue.

I hate to say it but this seems like it will unfortunately end up self harm. We've seen it all too often... Someone goes to a liquor or convenience store to purchase alcohol (or some other type of drink)...Drives to a forested or otherwise remote area...and is often found close to their car. :(

I could see the picture of a hand holding the alcohol could also be sent to friends to show what she got to bring over. I’ve done similar to show my husband something I got for him/us. MOO

Would a surveillance cam around Northpointe Plaza show whether someone entered her vehicle ?

I hope and pray that this young woman is located safe. I know the odds seem against this but there is always hope.

I believe they would have cameras that could see that. It does have a pretty large parking lot so it might be hard to see at certain angles but if she was in her right mind, I imagine she would have parked right by the wine store as there are tons of parking spots in front of each store. Even off of Newport HWY on the edge of the parking lot looking East there's mini-shops and restaurants. I am betting they all have cameras too. There's a lot of theft in Spokane, mostly drug-related, although it is a very nice plaza. I imagine they have very high tech video. Best Buy is right next door. Behind this strip plaza on the same lot are office buildings, medical offices, a retirement home, a post office, gym and a Chucky Cheese.

Google Maps

This disappearance is baffling. It seems there’s very little information, but hopefully LE has a lot of info they’re keeping close to the vest. JMO

<snip>

I thought about that also, as like you said, we've obviously seen similar in the past, particularly given where the car was found, but then this seems strange if she bought it for that purpose...

The bottle of alcohol she bought that night was also in the car and unopened.

Which made me think about what the other poster below you suggested about showing someone what she was bringing (or even confirming if that was the right one, etc) being a possibility?

Especially since why buy cat treats only to go do something where they (the treats) would never get home to the cat?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back