WA WA - Logan Schiendelman, 19, Tumwater, 20 May 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FAMILY OF MISSING TUMWATER TEEN HOPES FOR CLUES AFTER NATIONAL TV EXPOSURE
The family of a missing Thurston County man hopes some national exposure will solve their mystery.

They just want answers.

Logan Schiendelman’s family hopes an Investigation Discovery television program can help. In May of 2016, the 19-year-old from Tumwater disappeared.

[...]

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article...lues-after-national-tv-exposure/281-540684339
(Video at link)

I live in the area and after considering all aspects I believe it was Logan who ran out of the car after he crashed it. I believe he may have been very tired as he had driven for days on end and hadn't been home and as soon as he crashed he got scared he would get in trouble and ran into the Woods without really thinking it through and got lost.

Out in that area, if he had ran out there are all kinds of cliffs, ravines and pitfalls that at dark are hard to see, I understand he was an able bodied young man, once it gets dark his vulnerability was at a high.

Just watched Disappeared. I had never heard of Logan's case. What struck me at the end was the eye witness account of a long haired blonde man, after we heard from a long haired blonde man the whole show.... Has this friend been investigated?

How about any connected to an extremist group such as ISIS?

Other than that, I think suicide and he's in the area in which his car was found.

BBM.

Sorry, I'm behind, but this thought came to me too, I sat there wondering if anyone else was thinking the same??? o.O

Weird, I live in Seattle and follow missing persons cases regularly and don't remember coverage of this one at all. My initial thought is that it is very difficult to disappear and start a new identity without a good amount of money and assistance and I don't thing he had either. My gut feeling is that he was doing drugs, got involved with the wrong people and was harmed for some reason. Having lived in the Tumwater area in the past I can tell you the woods around that area are extremely dense and vast, I don't think it would be hard hide a body and it not be found.

I hadn't heard about Logan either Sassy? So sad.

I feel like the disappeared episode made for a pretty good case that it is possible he walked away. he seemed disillusioned with his history. at this point however, I feel like he would have turned up. they did mention a naked male walking in the woods as well. remember last year, a young female was found after days, naked in the woods in I want to say MS? its not unheard of.

<modsnipped quoted post>

<modsnipped sleuthing family>

I truthfully believe Logan Crashed his car and ran into the Capitol State Forest, which is right along where his car was crashed because he was stoned and scared he was about to get into trouble, I then think he either met with animals or fell down a steep hill or cliff (Which are ABUNDANT out there).

The other theory I have which I don't believe as much as the other one is that at the Rest Stop right down the way from where is car was crashed (Scatter Creek Rest Stop) he met someone who offered to smoke him some pot or something and kidnapped him, but he's not an ideal victim and the time would have been after noon but before 5pm

Attachments

• Shein.PNG
    Shein.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Just parking Logan's wikipedia link here. He's thought of often! Disappearance of Logan Schiendelman - Wikipedia
220px-Disappearance_of_Logan_Schiendelman.jpg

On May 20, 2016, Logan Schiendelman’s black 1996 Chrysler Sebring convertible was found abandoned on Interstate 5 between Tumwater and Maytown, Washington, one day after he was last seen at his parents’ home. Several drivers called 911 to report the vehicle on the shoulder and seeing a man, described as white with light brown or red hair jumping out and running into the woods. Earlier this year, a woman came forward saying she thought she saw two men in the back seat with a man matching Logan’s description. The Thurston County Sheriff’s Office has received many tips regarding potential sightings, as well as where remains may be located, but there have been no concrete leads into his disappearance. More than 14,000 people are part of the Facebook group ‘Logan Schiendelman is Missing’ and family members continue to post periodic updates on the case. Foul play has not been ruled out in the case, but Logan’s loved ones say they cannot imagine that he would run away. There is currently a $10,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Possible situation:

One night in high school I was out with some friends and we decided to buy some pot from a guy my friend knew. Unbeknownst to me, it was laced with PCP and after the first hit I started hallucinating. I got out of the car and started running, thinking someone was after me. Long story short, for several hours I was completely out of my mind, honestly if it had not been for my boyfriend who watched over me that night I could’ve easily wandered into the forest or ran into traffic or did something that may have caused myself harm. I wonder if something similar happened to Logan, which made him abandon his car and run off somewhere, possibly getting hurt or run into the wrong people who decided to harm him.

I’d like to know who he was hanging out with at the time of his disappearance, was he making friends at the odd jobs he was taking? I find it very odd that the only friend who spoke on the Disappeared episode was someone who Logan hadn’t spoken to since high school and was oblivious to Logan’s deeply hurt feelings about the racist comments made to him at that party. He didn’t seem like a very good friend to me or someone that should’ve been on the show, why not show someone who was currently friends with Logan? Who was he associating with?

Possible situation:

One night in high school I was out with some friends and we decided to buy some pot from a guy my friend knew. Unbeknownst to me, it was laced with PCP and after the first hit I started hallucinating. I got out of the car and started running, thinking someone was after me. Long story short, for several hours I was completely out of my mind, honestly if it had not been for my boyfriend who watched over me that night I could’ve easily wandered into the forest or ran into traffic or did something that may have caused myself harm. I wonder if something similar happened to Logan, which made him abandon his car and run off somewhere, possibly getting hurt or run into the wrong people who decided to harm him.

I’d like to know who he was hanging out with at the time of his disappearance, was he making friends at the odd jobs he was taking? I find it very odd that the only friend who spoke on the Disappeared episode was someone who Logan hadn’t spoken to since high school and was oblivious to Logan’s deeply hurt feelings about the racist comments made to him at that party. He didn’t seem like a very good friend to me or someone that should’ve been on the show, why not show someone who was currently friends with Logan? Who was he associating with?
Welcome to WS, @Moonbeam456, great post (glad your story had a safe ending).
You bring up very valid points - I'd not thought of the (lack of) current friend topic, now I'm curious too.

From recent posts on the Facebook page run by his aunt it seems as though his family is hearing that local people involved in the drug scene know what happened but are not willing to speak up, one woman has even stated “I’ll tell him if and when I’m good and ready”

in regards to talking to the detective on the case. If this is the case, I’m beyond disgusted, how could you keep a family in the dark when they have desperately been searching for their loved one? Make an anonymous call or send a letter, do something to help these poor people. It’s sad that drugs would matter more than the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19
Back