Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering if there’s any old water wells or sink holes in the area that he could’ve fallen into? Someone pointed out there’s a very swampy area also by the lake and river but I assume that’s all been searched by now.

Also, I wish we knew more about the party that was going on at the park when he went missing. How large of a party, was it adults or families with children? If there was groups of other kids playing at the party I could see Lucian heading in that direction. Have all of the people attending the party been identified and interviewed and did anyone see him?

JMO
When I was just scrolling along the river, It seems there are a lot of like pick n pulls or auto bone yards. I wonder if they have searched those? He could have climbed into one if he made it. Obviously it looks closer on the map then in real life, so I am unsure if he would have made it to some of these places.

Sat view here of the park, but you guys have probably already checked it out. Surrounded by industrial complexes and of course the river.

This caught my attention, though. Image below from a TripAdvisor review. That large squarish lake is apparently lower than the ground level above it and not far from the parking area. If he liked to roll down hills, well, I hope they had divers out. Have they? We also know how they often miss things...

View attachment 366292
On the official Missing Lucian FB page they said they had divers and underwater drones in the lake on Sunday. I’ve not seen anything about them searching the lake since then though.

JMO

Th
View attachment 365602

Yakima Police Chief address, 9:50 pm

Yakima Police

Yakima Police Department

**UPDATE: 8:50pm**
Search and rescue has been activated. 2 drones in the air on search as well.

MISSING CHILD: 4 year Lucian was last seen at approx 7:15pm near the play area at Sarge Hubbard Park @yakimagreenway. He was wearing blue shorts and blue shirt with a shark on it. Large police presence in the area, please call 911 if you see Lucian

Yakima Police and Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies have launched a major search for a missing 4-year-old child. Yakima Police Chief Matthew Murray says officers were called to Sarge Hubbard Park at about 7:30 pm Saturday by the father of the child who told authorities the child, identified as "Lucian" had been missing for 15 minutes. He says the family searched "frantically" before calling police.

Murray says more than 20 officers from the Yakima Police Department are involved in the search for Lucian along with Troopers from the Washington State Patrol and members of Yakima County Emergency Management. Two drones are being used along Bloodhound search dogs in hopes of finding the child. Police are asking people to stay out of the area while the search continues.

4 year Lucian was last seen at approx 7:15pm near the play area at Sarge Hubbard Park @yakimagreenway. He was wearing blue shorts and blue shirt with a shark on it.

Yakima's Sarge Hubbard Park is located at 111 S 18th Street. Police are asking people to stay out of the area as the search continues.
The timing of 7:15 of the last time dad saw him and the police being called at 7:30 seems super fast to me. By the time you notice the child Is missing and look for him in that size park I think it would take more than 15 mins to realize he's gone gone. I wonder if the child was ever really at the park, I hate to say that but something seems off to me with the parents and their timing in the story. I pray im wrong and he is found safe and soon this is very sad.

Th

The timing of 7:15 of the last time dad saw him and the police being called at 7:30 seems super fast to me. By the time you notice the child Is missing and look for him in that size park I think it would take more than 15 mins to realize he's gone gone. I wonder if the child was ever really at the park, I hate to say that but something seems off to me with the parents and their timing in the story. I pray im wrong and he is found safe and soon this is very sad.

A couple of posts up states that LE has seen Lucian on video at the park that evening.
If my4 year old was missing, 15 minutes seems pretty close to the time I would look before calling.
Actually, more like
5 minutes.
No harm in being overly cautious.

JMO

A couple of posts up states that LE has seen Lucian on video at the park that evening.
If my4 year old was missing, 15 minutes seems pretty close to the time I would look before calling.
Actually, more like
5 minutes.

JMO
I haven't seen anything that says he was seen on video but I will go take a look now. Ty

Actually, more like
5 minutes.

JMO
I can't find anything about him being seen on video if you have a link would you mind sharing it or the artivle . Thank you

I can't find anything about him being seen on video if you have a link would you mind sharing it or the artivle . Thank you

"Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray told KAPP-KVEW in an interview Tuesday that investigators found video that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself and that they do not suspect foul play."

15 minutes probably also accounts for 2 other very small children in tow.

It sounds like a really long time, but I imagine it was frantic and went something like "What? Where is your brother. Take this, hold my hand, hold your sister, let's all go, let me put her in the carriage, etc," All while calling his name, asking people nearby if they had seen him, etc.

15 minutes probably also accounts for 2 other very small children in tow.

It sounds like a really long time, but I imagine it was frantic and went something like "What? Where is your brother. Take this, hold my hand, hold your sister, let's all go, let me put her in the carriage, etc," All while calling his name, asking people nearby if they had seen him, etc.

Heh. I was just typing pretty much the same thing. I agree, 15 minutes isn't very long at all under the circumstances.

The time frame now is very urgent.

If he is not in the water, he has now been missing going into the 4th night. I hate to say this, but that is pushing the limits for a little guy out there to be alive, if he was somehow hiding and wandering around on his own. :(

The time frame now is very urgent.

If he is not in the water, he has now been missing going into the 4th night. I hate to say this, but that is pushing the limits for a little guy out there to be alive, if he was somehow hiding and wandering around on his own. :(
Yes, statistically the chances of a live recovery after this much time has passed, are not good at all. However, it's been quite a while since we've had a miracle outcome, and maybe this will be one.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Th

I am not sure I agree with 15 minutes being suspicious. My youngest was unaccounted for for 5 minutes and I was getting ready to call 911 when he walked around the corner. I have a belief that I would rather be found hysterical than have a delay in searching.

Keep the faith, everyone! Little AJ was found alive in an Australian creek bed after being missing for 4 days. Police ruled his disappearance a "misadventure".

"Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray told KAPP-KVEW in an interview Tuesday that investigators found video that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself and that they do not suspect foul play."
Thank you so much!
I was on my way out and did not have the time to respond quickly.

Th

Respectfully, if my four year child was out of my sight in a public place for more than 30 seconds I would be shouting at the top of my lungs and reaching for the phone to dial 911. A missing child is a life threatening situation. I realize that the large majority of people tend to downplay a missing child until there is no question that the child is long gone, but to me, waiting is not worth the risk of a child's life. MOO

Bring Lucian home’: Missing Yakima boy’s family expands search as authorities pull back

YAKIMA, Wash. — The search for missing 4-year-old Lucian Munguia took on a different note Wednesday morning, as family members took over coordinating search efforts from law enforcement — now without drones, tracking dogs or trained search and rescue personnel.
“Right now, all of this has fallen back on family, friends and the community and we need all the help that we can get,” said Lance Ford-Ibanez, a family member who’s taken on the task of coordinating search efforts.

Now lacking a fully-equipped mobile command post, family members are making do with picnic tables, pop-up canopies, printed maps and laptops plugged into a portable generator — many of the resources, donated by community members.

[…]

Ford-Ibanez said they’re planning to expand the search area past the point where previous trained teams left off, but will continue to use their makeshift command center next to the playground at Sarg Hubbard Park. “We are looking for experienced hikers … because there is tough terrain, there is brush and thick vegetation that needs to be looked through,” Ford-Ibanez said.
[…]

He said they’re in need of walkie-talkies or radios to help search teams keep in touch with their makeshift command center, as well as reflective vests, flashlights and other supplies to help volunteers keep safe.

“It’s great that the mother and father have been paying attention to what we’re what we were doing and they are organized, which is great,” Yakima County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Casey Schilperoort said.
[…]

Authorities started pulling back resources from the search Tuesday after teams and personnel from across the state were unable to locate Lucian, despite repeatedly using specialized equipment to scout the area. “We’ve searched all these places two, three, four times and we find no evidence we find no clues,” Schilperoort said. “We find nothing of Lucian anywhere. And so we stop.”

More at link:
'Bring Lucian home': Missing Yakima boy's family expands search

I lived in Yakima for 20 years until just last year. My kids are still there. The river has natural barriers that would deter a child. Especially if he was seen moving towards parking. The Greenway has become a bit unsavory over the last few years. I used to regular walk and bird the Greenway, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing that today by myself or in the early or later part of the day. As far as the pond, in that short period of time, I would think they would have found some evidence of him entering the water. And again if he was in video walking, that makes no sense. I'll pull up Google and try to get my bearings re: where exactly he was walking towards.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle
Back