WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, another weird thing which I don't think I've mentioned. When I fist sleuthed him he had quite a few readers on his list. 2 days ago he deleted every one of them except the bot that is a default reader. Strange. It would be like any one of us going onto our MS or FB and deleting all of our friends.

Can LE recover the information he deleted?

The poem "Final Stand" had a line added. The line right after "Enlightens the crop your harvest reaps." is new (don't want to post it, it has a bad word). Doesn't seem really relevant though.

The poem "Lockdown" was also uploaded in the last couple of days.

The poem "Suck My..." has several blocks of text that were added. This is all new:

"Like first captain versus the last kid picked,
I’ll bring you to the ground and break both your wrists.
Purple nurp your t***, then enlist besmirching hits.
Handing out premature ejac******* forgiveness,"

Also a few words were changed throughout the poem.

I went and read these poems, and I must say...wow. Start with the poem "Train Wreck", as that was the first poem I found, posted on 09/02/10 (as it's listed), and then read them in order. Also read them with the thought that he is talking to her. If he's not talking about Mackenzie, then the girl he is talking about should watch herself. I found these poems very troubling.

This is ALL MOO

Family confirms body is that of missing Wenatchee High student

Wenatchee High School senior Mackenzie Cowell sent a single text message to her boyfriend last Tuesday afternoon: "Hey, what's up?" it said.

It was the last anyone heard from the 17-year-old.

On Saturday, someone walking along the banks of the Columbia River near the border of Grant and Douglas counties spotted the fully clothed body of a young woman and called police.
--> more at link

The poem "Final Stand" had a line added. The line right after "Enlightens the crop your harvest reaps." is new (don't want to post it, it has a bad word). Doesn't seem really relevant though.

The poem "Lockdown" was also uploaded in the last couple of days.

The poem "Suck My..." has several blocks of text that were added. This is all new:

"Like first captain versus the last kid picked,
I’ll bring you to the ground and break both your wrists.
Purple nurp your t***, then enlist besmirching hits.
Handing out premature ejac******* forgiveness,"

Also a few words were changed throughout the poem.[

bizarre !

Oops - I'll go get the link. Are these times wrong? I thought she was at school and seen punching out around 3:00pm. I'm confused! Help

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...ffs-spokesman/

respectfully snipped~~ BBM

A person walking along the riverbank saw the young woman’s body and called the Grant County Sheriff’s Office at 12:42, because they thought they were in Grant County, Gjesdal said. She was found near the border between Douglas and Grant counties.

A Grant County deputy arrived at the scene at 1:08 p.m., Gjesdal said. When he determined the site was in Douglas County, he called that department. A Douglas County deputy arrived at 1:53 p.m.

link says page not found.

I believe she was last seen at school on TUESDAY afternoon....not found till Saturday.

jmoo

Boy did I have the dates mixed up - thanks. There is just too many cases on this WS site! lol

sbm

$150,000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED

Someone LOST this house & must not be a happy camper but I don't see that angle connecting to the case even if her mom was somehow involved at some point..I'm sure these ppl were interviewed by LE..Maybe it's someone they know (who had previously been there) that holds the key? (no pun)

If this is bank owned, the bank may have their own lockbox on it and many a contractor could have access and been through that property since the day the owners moved out. Generally speaking, "repos" are inspected monthly. (I work in the mortgage industry)

If this is bank owned, the bank may have their own lockbox on it and many a contractor could have access and been through that property since the day the owners moved out. Generally speaking, "repos" are inspected monthly. (I work in the mortgage industry)

Really? I suggested on the newspaper forum that someone may have gotten the code somehow and was met with ummmm... quite a bit of anger that I would dare suggest such a thing. Not sure why, but someone basically said it was totally impossible and codes are obtained electronically only or some such thing. How exactly do those lock boxes work (if you have the time)? I looked on the net and couldn't find the info.

Really? I suggested on the newspaper forum that someone may have gotten the code somehow and was met with ummmm... quite a bit of anger that I would dare suggest such a thing. Not sure why, but someone basically said it was totally impossible and codes are obtained electronically only or some such thing. How exactly do those lock boxes work (if you have the time)? I looked on the net and couldn't find the info.

It depends on the type of LB. If it has an electronic realtor LB then the LB may need an ID which is logged in electronically with every entry. On many forclosures/bankruptcies/"repos", the bank has a contractor secure and winterize the property which usually includes putting a LB with master keys on one of the entry doors. That LB would be a general code that is known by most contractors and inspectors who work for the mortgage companies. Once a property becomes vacant, it is reinspected every month until it is sold by the bank.

ETA: I, along with many many others, can access just about every vacant bank-owned property in NY either w/master keys or a LB code.

Oh yeah, I wonder if that property has landscaping lights or motion detected lights.

I don't think the perp could have lingered at the home very long, based on him having to drive back out to pitcher canyon and the car to be noticed by 8PM (IIRC the car was noticed @ 8, family contacted and aware by 10PM). One good thing is that he had to have been a busy bee with all this driving and walking, and wouldn't have an alibi.

I've made the drive from Quincy/Crescent bar to Wenatchee many times and it would take about 35-40 minutes from there to the top of Pitcher, assuming traffic rules were obeyed. Even if the car was noticed almost immediately after being parked, he would have had to leave Crescent bar by 7 at the latest (I would think).

Just some thoughts.

I just noticed the part of your post about the car being noticed at 8pm, girlfawkes. My recollection was that it was noticed (or reported) at 10pm. I'm not sure if it was an accurate report but here is a pulled quote from the opening post of this thread:

"Residents in the canyon found Cowell’s car parked in their driveway around 10 p.m. Tuesday. They reported spotting women’s clothing and a purse inside the car. Sheriff’s deputies tracked the car’s registration to Cowell’s parents, who said the 17-year-old was past curfew for the night."

On another note, I live in North Central Idaho, out in the boonies, so to speak, and imo, it's close to dark outside right now (5:48pm). Hubby just said it gets pitch black at 6:30 these days.

The following is my understanding of how these lockboxes work, based upon my experience as both an owner with a home for sale, and a buyer:

In the area I live in, each realtor has their own security code which they enter into the lockbox on any home they are showing. The lockbox keeps a record of each code entered with the date and time, and the name of the realtor who opened it. So, say I am a realtor, I take my daughter with me to look over a home which I have listed for sale. She watches me enter my code. Now, she can use my code to enter any home in this market.

There should be a record of whose codes have been used to enter that home along with time and dates of entry.

Not all LB's have electronic codes for realtor entry. Many are the old fashioned combination kind. It would be nice if we knew what kind of LB was on this house. There can also be more than one LB: a realtor one on the front and a bank/contractor one on a secondary entry.

Oh yeah, I wonder if that property has landscaping lights or motion detected lights.

I don't think the perp could have lingered at the home very long, based on him having to drive back out to pitcher canyon and the car to be noticed by 8PM (IIRC the car was noticed @ 8, family contacted and aware by 10PM). One good thing is that he had to have been a busy bee with all this driving and walking, and wouldn't have an alibi.

I've made the drive from Quincy/Crescent bar to Wenatchee many times and it would take about 35-40 minutes from there to the top of Pitcher, assuming traffic rules were obeyed. Even if the car was noticed almost immediately after being parked, he would have had to leave Crescent bar by 7 at the latest (I would think).

Just some thoughts.

(Red above by me) Wasn't it said her footprints were found outside the car? If so, the car would have to of been left at Pitcher Canyon prior to going to the house.

Story posted just about an hour ago:

Investigators say body is Mackenzie Cowell
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/

At 5:42 p.m Tuesday, a cell tower bounced a signal off her phone, and that was the last activity, Moore said. He declined to say where the cell tower was located.

Investigators assume that the phone was turned off from then on, which would have been unusual for Cowell, he said.

Wonder where she was located at this time & does anyone believe the bf handed his cell over to LE without a warrant? I don't..Btw..Do we know if he has an alibi?

(Red above by me) Wasn't it said her footprints were found outside the car? If so, the car would have to of been left at Pitcher Canyon prior to going to the house.

LE said there was only one set of footprints but supposedly didn't know if they were hers or not..I don't believe that cos they could tell (at the very least a good guess) if they were hers (or even female) by the size.

LE said there was only one set of footprints but supposedly didn't know if they were hers or not..I don't believe that cos they could tell (at the very least a good guess) if they were hers (or even female) by the size.

You're right, I'm only finding "unidentified footprints" So there goes my theory. Sorry. :innocent:

I just noticed the part of your post about the car being noticed at 8pm, girlfawkes. My recollection was that it was noticed (or reported) at 10pm. I'm not sure if it was an accurate report but here is a pulled quote from the opening post of this thread:

"Residents in the canyon found Cowell’s car parked in their driveway around 10 p.m. Tuesday. They reported spotting women’s clothing and a purse inside the car. Sheriff’s deputies tracked the car’s registration to Cowell’s parents, who said the 17-year-old was past curfew for the night."

On another note, I live in North Central Idaho, out in the boonies, so to speak, and imo, it's close to dark outside right now (5:48pm). Hubby just said it gets pitch black at 6:30 these days.

Yeah, I'll have to find that source. Why don't I bookmark everything, sigh... I'm pretty sure I remember that 10 pm was when her father was notified of the car being there but 8pmish was when the property owner had reported it. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw