WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this is obvious, but it seems to me that the stabbing would likely occur last in the process. Killer likely would not manually strangle a neck that had already been severely wounded. Maybe?

Well, the rumored use of a hammer for the blunt force is pretty gruesome. Prior to hearing this, unpon the release of COD, I thought the blunt force was beating, etc, which may or may not have been designed by the perp to kill her. Then followed by strangulation that was meant to kill. Then stabbing to finish the kill since the strangulation had not done so.

How it was done? I'm as anxious as all else to hear/figure that out.

Who carries a tool, to have an argument with, or confront someone? No one....right? So, if Killer's initial blow was with a tool, then does that mean the murder was premeditated?

Thanks, Imamom...

I don't know what to do with the photos... If it's the same place, then let's just hope that LE saw the photos and the notation of where the photo was found.

Sorry to ask but, would it be too much trouble to repost photo(s) and explanation of them and what you mean by notations? Thank you!

Pufnstuf

Your pictures of the home at CB and the children in the water do indeed look like they could be the same place. It is not true that there are no trees at CB, the direction the picture is taken in both pics is toward the golf course, the river side of which is heavily forested with poplar trees.

Looks like the same pic to me as well, just maybe a diff. season and possible decade, let alone diff. cameras and their abilities. Do not think of it as much importance though...?..

Who carries a tool, to have an argument with, or confront someone? No one....right? So, if Killer's initial blow was with a tool, then does that mean the murder was premeditated?

Possibly the first blows were delivered by fists?

Looks like the same pic to me as well, just maybe a diff. season and possible decade, let alone diff. cameras and their abilities. Do not think of it as much importance though...?..

Definately not the same locations.

Sorry. The photos were posted as I asked. Still would like to hear explanation of where they came from and why they might be of importance. We missed it somehow but it sounds like it should be VERY interesting.

Respectfully- I think by comparing a picture of the same view at CB, but with a clearer focus than the real estate picture, one can see what the area looks like and that it is not the same as the area in the picture Puf posted.

If you compare this picture: http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/get_property_image-42364.jpg

to the earlier posted pic of the CB house you can see it is of the same view looking south down the Columbia River. It is just taken from a point a bit east of the house. Same view with same features. The basalt cliffs cleary show and there is no foilage other than next to the water- unlike the picture puf posted.

Ok here they are

Attachments

• CB 1.jpg
    CB 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34
  • MC investigation 2.jpg
    MC investigation 2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 29
About the pics Puf posted-

I keep looking between both of them, and the one with the little boy shows a hill to the right of the coast line in the back.
Looking at the pic of CB, there is no hill, but the really high, jutted mountain type landscape, which I don't think would be visibly the same if it was a picture taken from the same angle as the one with the little boy.

I think the one with the little boy is Lake Chelan. The shore at Lake Chelan is rocky like that in areas.

I could be wrong, but I thought I would add the input.

Well, the rumored use of a hammer for the blunt force is pretty gruesome. Prior to hearing this, unpon the release of COD, I thought the blunt force was beating, etc, which may or may not have been designed by the perp to kill her. Then followed by strangulation that was meant to kill. Then stabbing to finish the kill since the strangulation had not done so.

How it was done? I'm as anxious as all else to hear/figure that out.

Actually -- everything about this is gruesome?!

My line of thought, based on the initial information I received (rumors, of course) is that much of the disfigurement likely occurred after death.

I have been keeping in mind that there was likely an attempt to "cover up" the initial homicide, in a failed attempt, and that there were plans to further rid the evidence (further rid the evidence is my own theory). I could certainly be "OFF TRACK"...as what I've been told is only rumor, at this point.

ETA: I'm NOT saying that S9 does not think this entire case is gruesome! I believe S9 believes the same.

Sorry. The photos were posted as I asked. Still would like to hear explanation of where they came from and why they might be of importance. We missed it somehow but it sounds like it should be VERY interesting.

I agree. Although I don't believe they are of CB, I would love to hear the theory. It might send us in a direction we have not thought of .

At first I thought they were from different locations also but then looking closer if you take the basalt outcrop in the little boy photo and compare it with the background in the last house photo it does look like the same basalt outcrop and homes….

Please run the ideas and information about these photos again for me. I just am not remembering this.

Pufnstuf

Tell me again where you got the picture with the kids in it? Was it the facebook page of the property owner where MC's car was found?

~ respectfully snipped
ETA: I'm NOT saying that S9 does not think this entire case is gruesome! I believe S9 believes the same.

I do belive it is gruesome. I am compelled to find out what happened to her, as I am so troubled by this case. The fact that her life was taken from her, and the manner it was seemingly done really, really gets to me.

PUD cameras aren't video cameras. Just point-in-time cams which are watched by security people, with no video back-up.

///snippage///

Thanks, puf. I must correct your statement, 'PUD cameras aren't video cameras'. The cameras are 'video', in that they provide a real-time stream. The important point is that the stream is not recorded.

Respectfully- I think by comparing a picture of the same view at CB, but with a clearer focus than the real estate picture, one can see what the area looks like and that it is not the same as the area in the picture Puf posted.

If you compare this picture: http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/get_property_image-42364.jpg

to the earlier posted pic of the CB house you can see it is of the same view looking south down the Columbia River. It is just taken from a point a bit east of the house. Same view with same features. The basalt cliffs cleary show and there is no foilage other than next to the water- unlike the picture puf posted.

Ok here they are

Just must have missed something? Why are these pics important to this case.. IMO yes left MTN side seems alike but such diff zooms, but why is this being brought up as significance? please let me know what I missed? thx

This is new information to me...

The Apple Ette Drill team was scheduled to perform at the WHS on 2/9 at 7:30pm and it was also noted as Senior Night..

Wasn't Mackenzie an Apple Ette?

I highly doubt she would have wanted to miss that, even if she wasn't performing..MOOO

How does this fit in with dinner plans at her Dads? and the early curfew?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+ettes"+"feb+9+2010"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanling53