WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if anybody had a motive, it would be J...........but he's somewhat like RC.........everybody says he is a stand up guy and loved her with all his heart and is devastated. NOBODY seems to think he could have done this.

I will go back and read the posts. :coffeeup:

"if anybody had a motive, it would be J...."

Just to be clear, I was talking about WC's bf.

If you really do mean MC's bf having motive, why?

Unless you think he had advanced knowledge of what he is RUMORED to know now, (about MC about to break-up with him? Or whatever else he has learned to make him think she was living a double life?) If he didn't know those things on Feb. 9th, he wouldn't had have motive, right?

Well, if there is no car wash passenger info, or video, hopefully there is a Target video. When you walk into Target, the camera is on you. But, I am guessing MC walked in to Target, alone. I hope the parking lot has cameras. I'll look tomorrow.

I recall a story of a 20 year old in TX, kidnapped from her car, in the Wal Mart parking lot,and killed, about 3-4 years ago. Since, then, Wal Mart and other stores have added video cameras in their parking lots.

Target definitely has cameras in their parking lot. Reference: Kelsey Smith murder, Overland Park, KS 2007. Lots of video was presented by LE in an attempt to locate her murderer and did end up aiding in the arrest of Edwin "Jack" Hall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

"if anybody had a motive, it would be J...."

Just to be clear, I was talking about WC's bf.

If you really do mean MC's bf having motive, why?

Unless you think he had advanced knowledge of what he is RUMORED to know now, (about MC about to break-up with him? Or whatever else he has learned to make him think she was living a double life?) If he didn't know those things on Feb. 9th, he wouldn't had have motive, right?

You are correct. If he didn't know those things on Feb 9th, and all info seems to point in that direction. But, if you are talking motive..........jilted lover?? I don't really believe that.........but I'm trying to leave emotion and statistics out of it. It just seems like an awful lot of bad stars lined up at the same time. KWIM?

AutumnRose, thank you for sharing all the information you sleuthed today yesterday. I think we were all about to doze off, UNTIL you showed up and woke us all up! :Banane45:

Sorry but the cell phone ping is not 15 miles...if so what would be the point. We discussed it at length in earlier threads. If a cell phone has GPS turned on, it can be to within 15 feet. Triangulations can be to within 150 feet. I don't think the "Hey" texts happened at Target.

I think, in the interest of making good sense, I better go to bed. Nite all. Maybe some good news tomorrow.............I mean later? An arrest would be such good news!

Well, if there is no car wash passenger info, or video, hopefully there is a Target video. When you walk into Target, the camera is on you. But, I am guessing MC walked in to Target, alone. I hope the parking lot has cameras. I'll look tomorrow.

I recall a story of a 20 year old in TX, kidnapped from her car, in the Wal Mart parking lot,and killed, about 3-4 years ago. Since, then, Wal Mart and other stores have added video cameras in their parking lots.

Target does have cameras in the parking lots. Anyone remember the Kelsey Smith case? Her abduction was caught on tape in the Target parking lot. However, footage was a bit grainy. The cameras inside the store are excellent. It had clear footage of both Kelsey and her abductor inside the store.

ETA: Oops, Liz beat me to it!

Anyone know where JF grew up, if he was abandoned/neglected/abused as a child?

Also if Mr. T was involved why would WC be the only one to worry and be trigger happy to call 911?

Sorry but the cell phone ping is not 15 miles...if so what would be the point. We discussed it at length in earlier threads. If a cell phone has GPS turned on, it can be to within 15 feet. Triangulations can be to within 150 feet. I don't think the "Hey" texts happened at Target.

I know. It was very technical and it was several pages! I thought I had it figured out and then more posters dug into it later and started all over again. My gut tells me the txts happened at Target. It makes sense. She walks in and sees him and walks out. She obviously didn't want to see him, but what would make a lot more sense to me is if he txted "Hey" and then she txted "Hey" and then he txted "What's up?" Regardless of what we have read......
that makes a wholelottamoresense to me.

speculation

I truly believe that if Mackenzie had been at Target that day, we would've heard about it from police already. JMO

IF JV was working at Target that afternoon, then he probably has a rock-solid alibi. Unless he clocked out, after seeing her (IF she was there), which I just can't buy into at this point.

This has to be the most active thread on websleuths at this time of the morning, with 16 people viewing the thread. There were 37 people viewing the Caylee Anthony forum a few minutes ago, but that's an entire forum; not just one thread.

Sure is a lot of interest in this case, which is good! We're all seeking justice for Mackenzie! :rose:

I've heard Mackenzie referred to as "Wenatchee's Daughter".. and I must agree..

it sums up how I feel about her..

Night All

Agreed, except the care and interest in seeking justice for Mackenzie go way beyond Wenatchee!
(Night to you, too!)

I truly believe that if Mackenzie had been at Target that day, we would've heard about it from police already. JMO

IF JV was working at Target that afternoon, then he probably has a rock-solid alibi. Unless he clocked out, after seeing her (IF she was there), which I just can't buy into at this point.

Colored by me.

Police wouldn't have released video or their knowledge that MC was there or anywhere IF their prime suspect* would have also been there with MC until at least the suspect's first few rounds with the lie detector. In fact, they may hold tight to a video of him and her for a very long time.

This is one of the reasons I think LE does have plenty of other video of MC after 3:01 pm. They don't wanna tip their hand to the suspect*. After a month I think they would have given up on this game and supplied the public with other video of MC in hopes of getting more tips.

In my opinion, LE, after first relying WAY TOO MUCH on believing they could get a confession out of this suspect, have now switched to relying WAY TOO MUCH on DNA evidence from the crime lab to get their conviction. LE are so focused they have likely screwed up any chance of gaining a conviction, as a trial based on circumstantial evidence will be thrown back in their face after it comes to light how focused they were on this one person. If they focused on anyone this much LE would end up developing a pretty strong case against what could be a completely innocent person.

*suspect = just not being used in the legal sense

This is my first post so here goes...I just wanted to know if anyone has tried to look up mc's myspace page even tho it is set to private. I believe if it is indeed her page. The one that I found, her url seems to me that she hung around with ppl that were in gangs IMOO

eta-I have the link that I found I just don't know if I am aloud to post it however it stated the person is 19

<snipped>

Finally, gangs DO and WILL do such a thing to a person, merely for initiation, and think nothing of it. Doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl. A guy will kill a girl the same as another guy. The only thing is............they would not hide the body. They don't care. They do and they want it known. Therefore, it appears none of the people that I talked to believe the gang theory.
<snipped>

I was thinking the same thing; about how gangs just commit murder and walk away; no cover-up, etc.

Then I remembered Rachael Burkheimer and that there were eight people involved in her murder. IIRC - They took her to a house, beat her, put her in a duffel bag, took her somewhere else while she plead for her life, dug a hole, told her to get in it, and shot her. Then they buried her.

The ringleader threatened that anyone that talked would be killed.

To the best of my recollection, the ringleader was angry that she'd broken up with him and begun seeing one of his friends.

I'm not sure I can make the gang theory fit in my mind with MC, but reviewing Rachael's case reminded me how calculated, brutal and senseless gang violence can be.

I was just reading the news and found this
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22838548/detail.html
and
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Woman-son-missing-from-crashed-van-87624442.html

Do you think there might be a serial thing going on?

Both links reference the same incident. The woman left the main highway to place a phone call to a relative indicating she had been in an 'accident' and that they (she and her son) were fine.

The minivan (her fiance's) she was driving was found at the end of a dirt road partially submerged, with the doors opened, in Budd Inlet.

The 'accident' angle leads me to believe this incident is not related.

I was thinking the same thing; about how gangs just commit murder and walk away; no cover-up, etc.

Then I remembered Rachael Burkheimer and that there were eight people involved in her murder. IIRC - They took her to a house, beat her, put her in a duffel bag, took her somewhere else while she plead for her life, dug a hole, told her to get in it, and shot her. Then they buried her.

The ringleader threatened that anyone that talked would be killed.

To the best of my recollection, the ringleader was angry that she'd broken up with him and begun seeing one of his friends.

I'm not sure I can make the gang theory fit in my mind with MC, but reviewing Rachael's case reminded me how calculated, brutal and senseless gang violence can be.

Thanks for this example! However, I am going to share back that it is also one example out of many so it may not be typical of a gang, AND importantly the situation was very different. The woman in this example was well known by a gang member and so the rage was different--------with MC it appears that the gang theory is that the murder was an initiation ritual or a gang territory issue---it does not sound like she knew Mr. T for a long time as a GF.
So I'll throw out there that the MO of this case seems more like a very rageful individual either due to personal connections with MC or due to his/her abuse experience in life (e.g., murderer was abused by parent, abused by others, rejected etc. by women).

Rumor: Did anyone hear about the guy, driving on the road out side of Quincy, that stopped a woman, and choked her? The woman was rescued by other drivers passing by. This happened Friday afternoon.

The man the woman off the road, then he blocked the road with his van. he jumped out and somehow reached the woman. He began choking her. Other vehicles came by and stopped to help. The man is now in jail and is not talking. this happened around 2-3 pm on Friday.

I just was wondering if this incident could be possibly related to the murder?

Ok... Last night I was burning up some time and my zyrtec-influenced goofiness by looking through a bunch of myspace pages. You know how you start at one place and just end up a million miles (or webpages, as is the case with me) away from where you initially began? Well, that's what happened with me last night. As I looked through all of these myspace pages, I came across a photo that hit my mental funny-bone. It struck me as something I had seen before. Found it on a myspace of someone with the same last name as the property owner where MC's car was recovered. So I posted it on the previous MC thread and asked for opinions. Most people said that, while similar, there were enough differences to assume that the photos were not made at the CB residence where MC's body was recovered.

OK...the photos:

From RH's myspace page:

beachoc.jpg

From a real estate listing for 156 Crescent Bar Road:

cb1te.jpg

Here's a MPEG video of the panoramic view off the deck, just for anyone who hasn't seen this:

http://www.moseslakehouses.com/xsites/ListingAssets/519932/420462/3/156 crescent bar 078.mpg

I don't know if the pic of the boy is from Chelan or not, though it certainly looks like it from the water, but it is definitely NOT CB. If nothing else, look at the second 'point' that extends into the water on the left. Look at the angle that the land rises in elevation. MUCH steeper than that down river from CB. And I am pretty sure it's Basalt cliffs at that point near CB, while the point in the pic with the boy seems to be covered with trees, or 'textured' in some other way.

Yes they look similar in the way the land has formed, but there are hundreds of places like that.

Still not sure how that would connect to MC's case though.

Well, if MC was, in fact, in Target......then LE has video and possibly video from the parking lot. THAT, offers me a little relief. If someone was with her, he is likely on video. I suspect he may have been and that is why MC turned around and did not stay there.
I wonder what she was going in there for if she wasn't going to see J.??

This makes me wonder ... I suspect Mr Tacoma did not know about J ... and asked MC why they had to walk out of Target and MC at that moment told Mr. Tacoma about J ... then Mr. Tacoma lost it ....

..or..

.. they went to Target because Mr. Tacoma wanted MC to break up with J then and there but she couldn't go through with it ... then Mr. Tacoma lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd