WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of info is killing this thread, which should be expected. Fences are going up and sides are being taken. In my professional opinion LE is blowing this one to pieces (sorry boys)

I agree. I have wanted to contact them about they are doing to solve this case and if there was anything else they could share with the public. I don't know who to contact though. I wonder if Wenatchee World is in contact with them every day. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not very optimistic that this case will be solved. :cry:

hotmadre-you good friends with WC? You just seem to know a lot of information about her. Just curious.

I am not a close friend with WC. Local, and past neighbor. Child same age as MC. Known them for 11 years, but have not spoken to WC or RC for several years. Know of some information since kids are acquaintances. Living in the same neighborhood, I know she is not rich, nor is she a premiere builder in Wenatchee. These points have been debatable in other's eyes. MOO.

Lack of info is killing this thread, which should be expected. Fences are going up and sides are being taken. In my professional opinion LE is blowing this one to pieces (sorry boys)

I'm with you, Dogdad. I think everyone here wants some conclusion and is hungry for FACTS that will drive us in that direction.

I pull up the Wenatchee World on a regular basis hoping for word of a break in this case. Anything.

I think we get to a point where, with nothing new and nearly every likely scenario developed and bantered about as best we can, we re-hash or look for needles in haystacks that have already been discovered.

We have done decent job of sleuthing what we can, digging on the interent and physically checking out crime scenes, etc. Unfortuneatly, it seems we will have to wait for LE to give us more to build from.

asks her friends on her personal facebook for assistance in housing relatives in town for a memorial, (snipped)

FYI I just attempted to look at the Facebook page and could not find it. I think it has been removed.

It's still there. Just insert the middle initial D. when you do the search.

well here is something I have not said here before. I found a web site where a female (minor or adult I do not know) posted a message message on 2/13 that said something like "yeah I heard a bag was on her head and she was meeting some guy from Spokane". I think that is really weird and that is why I kept asking here when was the first time (date) that anyone on here mentioned a bag, regardless of whether it is rumor or fact. I know the rumor is that the people who found her said there was a bag on her head, but really when did the rumor get out?

well here is something I have not said here before. I found a web site where a female (minor or adult I do not know) posted a message message on 2/13 that said something like "yeah I heard a bag was on her head and she was meeting some guy from Spokane". I think that is really weird and that is why I kept asking here when was the first time (date) that anyone on here mentioned a bag, regardless of whether it is rumor or fact. I know the rumor is that the people who found her said there was a bag on her head, but really when did the rumor get out?

I'm not sure how the rumor first started. But my source (who told me *they 1 person* saw the body) had a bag over her head, and her arm was almost severed off. This person I know, lives in CB, and had walked up to the neighbors, and used binoculars (If I remember correctly), and was able to see the body. (I'm ASSUMING, the body was found near the Columbia river, due to this RUMOR)

ETA: I was told this THE DAY she was found in CB.

I believe that the first day that it was mentioned was in the week after she was found. I'll go do a search.

Well thanks. It is just creepy to me that this young female posted on an internet board the afternoon of 2/13, that there was a "bag on her head" and "supposedly meeting a guy from Spokane". This young female from her own site is obviously involved in the salon business, and her time stamp seemed to be Mountain Standard Time. So I was wondering, is she even local, did the rumor mill go far and wide that fast, or does she know one of the perps or associates?

The first mention of the bag on MC's head came on 3/3/2010, and it was posted by Del Rio. I think he deleted that post, though. The only way I found it is that it was quoted in another person's post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96840&highlight=bag&page=11

I think a lot of people are reading WS right now for info. When you search MC, WS is one of the first google results. So I'd imagine that a lot of local eyes are on the posts here. JMO.

Well thanks. It is just creepy to me that this young female posted on an internet board the afternoon of 2/13, that there was a "bag on her head" and "supposedly meeting a guy from Spokane". This young female from her own site is obviously involved in the salon business, and her time stamp seemed to be Mountain Standard Time. So I was wondering, is she even local, did the rumor mill go far and wide that fast, or does she know one of the perps or associates?

The rumor mill went CRAZY fast! My 10 year old got a text just after 2:15 p.m. on 2/13. He called and told me, "They found M.C.'s body, and it went over the dam, and they found her with a bag on her head." Also know 1st hand that dental experts were called immediately by the FBI to confirm identity. FACT.

WOW. Just noticed the date that she posted! That's before the info was posted here for sure.

Dismemberment, brace removal, finger nail removal, and, I hate to say, torture, were also quickly buzzing right from the beginning. Also, the rumor of out of town FB friends coming from Tacoma was very early rumored, as well as the gang theory. I heard it all in the first week. The valley is very small, and everyone wants to know the truth about what happened to poor MC.

yeah thanks puf but now hotmadre says even her 10-year old son heard the bag rumor on 2/13. I don't know what to think.

Guess what?? I heard, a few days ago... that she was meeting a guy from Spokane, and not Tacoma. (rumor?? maybe...not a proven fact, though.)

and...I first heard about the bag on her head, on the Monday, after that Saturday.

Dismemberment, brace removal, finger nail removal, and, I hate to say, torture, were also quickly buzzing right from the beginning. Also, the rumor of out of town FB friends coming from Tacoma was very early rumored, as well as the gang theory. I heard it all in the first week. The valley is very small, and everyone wants to know the truth about what happened to poor MC.

I'm still wondering if the killer didn't start some of these rumors himself??

I think :(

.... poor Mackenzie :rose:

yeah thanks puf but now hotmadre says even her 10-year old son heard the bag rumor on 2/13. I don't know what to think.

Evidently, the people at the scene...civilian bystanders... must have been texting or calling as soon as they heard it, and from there it spread.

I'm with you, Dogdad. I think everyone here wants some conclusion and is hungry for FACTS that will drive us in that direction.

The problem is that we're not hungry for FACTS. We're hungry for rumors and speculation that soon become "fact." Remember the "car wash"?

There are a dozen+ other cases on this site that don't have 11 threads and have been open longer, and I'm certain that their families miss them just as much and want justice.

SLM
S13
Sureños 13

... a Spokane gang

did del rio say those large yellow letters were written by LE or they were there before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie