WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember someone saying/posting, (many threads and posts ago...not sure which one) something like, "After learning I what I learned, today, the killer should just turn himself in."

I keep thinking about that statement. Could it be.... maybe, Killer was seen on videos around town, and the public hasn't been informed. Maybe Target...and the Car Wash?

I remember it, Nancee, but I don't remember who posted it.

FACT - my daughter and MC discussed her cheating on her boyfriend on New Years in the 2 hours they were together at the Academy before she left and went missing on the 9th. She has been interviewed by LE twice at the academy since and I reported this to the tip line as well.

No offense, but according to the terms of the site, what you posted should be characterized as rumor, not fact, in my opinion.

I must have gang ties since I'm Hispanic, like the Dodgers, and wear blue. :laughbig:

You took my post WAY out of context! I didn't say that, imply that, or even insinuate that! :nono:

Really though, it's my opinion that JV is no more likely to have gang ties, than your average 20 year old. I'm more than positive LE has looked way into all of that.

*That's* pretty much what *I* said. Not in those exact words though.

There is a buoy. I cannot say if it is the same one that Del saw; the buoy is off shore and currently under water. I took a picture and you can barely see it. I marked it with an arrow.

Upper left corner of that pic ... I see what appear to be marker flags?

It is possible then from higher up on the property the perp tipped forward the 'wheeled apparatus' to drop the body?

Everything is ASSUMPTION in this area. The only fact we know is feet were in the "water":

"tipped forward the 'wheeled apparatus' to drop the body?"

The hillside does seem steep enough for that type of scenario, if the "water" we are assuming the feet were placed in was the stream water. Although next to this "water" it appears to be quite a lot of brush. For that reason I imagine the body was dragged by the feet, at the minimum the last little ways, (if not the entire way), ending in the "water" of the stream. It makes sense as this should have left the body in a rather hidden location, but if farther down and within visibility of anyone on the shoreline it doesn't make much sense to me. (I can think of reasons a suspect might do it - that's where the ASSUMPTION of the body placed upright might fit in - but this still doesn't make sense to me.)

If the body was well hidden or left out for the first person walking by to see, we don't really know either.

For all we know, when LE say the feet were in the "water" they could be meaning "river", (although they don't use that word).

It sounds like del rio did find lots of evidence of LE investigation higher up in the heavier brush, but last I heard he still believed the body was further down near the outlet of the stream onto the rocky shoreline. There were also some evidence markers, (spray paint letter 'B'), in the "duck blind" area, which is right beside the stream just before it makes it's way across the rocky shoreline and into the river.

It's become my current opinion that the person "walking the beach" did not see the body from the beach. He did see something, maybe only del rio's bag or air cushion left behind in the duck blind, maybe a glimpse of something further up??? Upon exploring the duck blind, he continued further up the hillside following del rio's trail out of the duck blind and up the hillside. I believe this is when this person found the body off to the side of the trail in the heavy brush right beside the stream. This puts the area with what appears to be the most LE activity, (clearing, evidence markers), where I believe the body was found.

Again this is all labeled ASSUMPTION.

You took my post WAY out of context! I didn't say that, imply that, or even insinuate that! :nono:

I wasn't being very serious about that lol. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to poke fun at you. It's just that all this, "Is he an illegal?" "Is he a gang member?" stuff is a little funny to me. :crazy:

I believe that from the very beginning JV was the first person LE wanted to talk to, it's usually how it works. So I'm sure they've looked extensively into whether or not he's a gang member, or has gang ties. From what I hear, he's a good kid with not a single thing on his record and absolutely no gang ties.

For me, that's sufficient and I'm ready to look in a different direction. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own theories and opinions. I sincerely respect every single one of them :)

Does anyone remember someone saying/posting, (many threads and posts ago...not sure which one) something like, "After learning I what I learned, today, the killer should just turn himself in."

I keep thinking about that statement. Could it be.... maybe, Killer was seen on videos around town, and the public hasn't been informed. Maybe Target...and the Car Wash?

Of all the rumors we have heard, this is the one LE seems to have held onto the tightest, (if they do have video of someone with MC, which I believe they do). I imagine the investigators that have viewed these tapes is a smaller number then all the LE required to do these hundreds of interviews -- so that might be the reason we haven't heard more about the videos through rumor.

I had a thought about the rumored Target video not being released. Perhaps this video does not contain what LE was hoping someone might see in the released parking lot video...a particular vehicle...what do you think?

Remember: there *is* someone or a reflection showing movement in the 4th vehicle (grey) from the left, parked along the rear of the stores ... MC did not react in that direction BUT ...

... there is a concrete wall bordering the length of the lot along the right (from video perspective). MC is slightly passed that vehicle when she glances to her right ... sound from the grey vehicle might have reflected off that wall to MC's right ear, hence her brief glance to her right? A stretch, but possible.

You can see movement through the driver's window, which also appears to be open. The person sitting in the driver's seat appears a bit animated, to the point where his/her arm protrudes from the window opening more than once ...

LE, via meda, reported 'no one entered her vehicle [during the day], we had the car under surveillance all day', which leads me to believe the grey vehicle did not leave the lot within the margin timeframe after MC's leaving?

Playing to Ozz's point: maybe the grey vehicle did leave not too long after MC lect the academy lot and LE was looking for the grey vehicle in the Target lot video?

Someone also mentioned seeing a reflection in the windshield (someone standing on the sidewalk then moving after MC reaches her vehicle) of the vehicle appearing in the lower right in the video. That reflection appear to me to be that of vehicles traveling along the road to the right .. BUT ...

... there is the concrete wall. How could there be a reflection in that windshield sourced from the sidewalk / street to the right? The wall stands at least 4' and the street on the right is at wall height... that places the sidewalk / street *above* the vehicle therefore the reflection to the camera could not source from that direction. This windshield reflection has nothing to do with the case, I just find it odd because of the wall.

Just peeking my head into this thread for a moment. I'm sorry I haven't had time to read all of the threads, just the first one and some of this one, so I apologize in advance if I'm being redundant. What is the population of Wenatchee? Is it a city or town? Rural or more suburban? I'm trying to wrap my head around there being active gangs in a small town called Wenatchee in Washington state. I've read in the news of gangs infiltrating our country's small towns, but I've always taken it with a grain of salt. That it's actually happening is really fudging terrifying, as I know many gangs prey upon innocent people in the course of initiation rites and such. As far as MC goes, and the possible gang connection, are people thinking she was an innocent victim in the wrong place at the wrong time (i.e., initiation rites victim) or actually involved/friends with members of a gang (not implying that this would make her any less of an innocent victim)?

I don't know why, but for some reason from the first moment I read about this case I thought and still do think there is a female involved in the perpetration of this crime, maybe one male and one female. The male actually committing most or all of the atrocities and the female encouraging him/egging him on, or something along those lines. I can't yet articulate what exactly makes me think this - it's a just a feeling, or "vibe", that I get.

Keep up the great work. I love it when certain threads attract many locals, and from the looks of Mac's thread it seems that all of you, or almost all of you, are locals which means valuable inside information can be obtained, as well as a better understanding of the dynamics of the area and the population/people living there. Hoping justice for Mackenzie will be swift and forthcoming.

It is the fifth vehicle up from the left, if you include the first car for which you can only see the rear right bumper. This is row of cars along the building. View it on YouTube. There absolutely is someone in the car, and IMO opinion adjusting their rear view mirror and maybe even watching MC.

My initial recent analysis of the parking lot video: 'MC carrying something in both hands', is incorrect. As she walks behind the rear of the dark-color pick-up truck her left arm-swing is evident and it appears her right arm is clutching a purse or bag.

There is a moving vehicle in the lot as MC enters camera-view:

As the video begins (watching the full dimension video, other versions crop the edges): in the far upper-right video, a vehicle backs out of a parking space and leaves the lot. This occurs just before and during when MC appears in the video. That probably is not related, since that vehicle is moving before MC even appears in the video ... although there is more 'lot' to the left of the camera view, it's possible the occupant(s) of that vehicle saw that MC was on her way to her vehicle and wanted to get a head start?

Well, he is the best kept secret in town, then. Even with 2 paid memberships I can't find anything but his name and address! I believe the family is in the Pateros and Methow area.........and before that Los Angeles, but I don't know for sure. Is there a gang that wears only blue? I find that odd that he only wears blue. JMO

Methow? Isn't that near PC / PCR ?

FACT - my daughter and MC discussed her cheating on her boyfriend on New Years in the 2 hours they were together at the Academy before she left and went missing on the 9th. She has been interviewed by LE twice at the academy since and I reported this to the tip line as well.

Does this give you "sluether's" some fuel?

Aslo, speaking of fuel....dragging B from the Fuel in is pretty lame. I realize the connection of two doors down from the academy and the Sandtrap but she was no where near his league.

But just to stir your "sluething" of the "groupies" that hang around B, one "A" just graduated from the academy a few months ago.....

The only reason the Fuel consideration came up in my mind was because of the connection of the Hair academy and the bar he owns at Cresent Bar. I wouldn't call it lame...that's kind of rude don't you think? It seems like an interesting theory to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member