WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AutumnRose- do you have any new information to share with us?

I also thought there were a couple of people who were going to do some investigative digging for us....checking out a coffee stand, asking for a copy of the death certificate??

Any new information should hopefully lead us in the direction of filling some of the gaps in our theories.

I am guessing local realtors discuss this, even though LE likely said not to.

What was posted a couple of days ago was the realtor who hosted the open house said she saw something that scared her but she would not tell her friend what it was. It was clearly stated that was a rumor.
Is that what you are thinking of?
In addition, the house was searched by one LE officer with flashlight the night before the open house and after the body was found. The open house was an impromptu set up to “help” WC. LE most likely had no idea that it was planned for the next day and the realtors had no idea LE might consider it a crime scene.

So, the open house was the day after MC's body was found, correct? Who set it up and what do you mean by to "help" WC? Financially? I wonder if WC knew about it. It just seems odd that no one was told the house was a possible crime scene. :confused:

I also thought there were a couple of people who were going to do some investigative digging for us....checking out a coffee stand, asking for a copy of the death certificate??

A death certificate has to be ordered and paid for - can't just request it. I want to find out the skinny just as much as the next person, but I think I'd be a little creeped out ordering a death certificate relating to someone I don't know. JMOO.

Perhaps, WC had scheduled an open house, a few weeks in advance, and had a friend-co worker host it, due to WC being unable at the time.

So, the open house was the day after MC's body was found, correct? Who set it up and what do you mean by to "help" WC? Financially? I wonder if WC knew about it. It just seems odd that no one was told the house was a possible crime scene. :confused:

WC had been telling anyone that would listen how poor and broke she was. the realtors decided to have an open house in hopes of selling WC spec that had set empty for two years and help her out..yes financially.

WC has been milking this whole drama financially and attention wise. Every since the first day MC went missing. Grieving mom or Drama Queen??

How could she not know about the open house or search for that matter?

It seems that the right hand (LE) didn't know what the left hand (realtors) was doing. Or maybe somebody planned it that way to scramble evidence.

Perhaps, WC had scheduled an open house, a few weeks in advance, and had a friend-co worker host it, due to WC being unable at the time.

According to realtors we have spoken with it was an IMPROMPTU event. Was it encouraged in an off-handed way by WC to scramble evidence that she knew was in the home or an innocent act of kindness by co-workers. Maybe a bit of both...

Has anyone checked out the Wen online? I found the story about the boat fire interesting. The police said it was suspicious. JMO

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that the article stated it was "suspicious" and also said that it "had not been deemed an arson."

Spontaneous combustion at 1:42 am? Anyway, they were still investigating the cause.

Not so sure there is any relation to this case, but everything certainly is suspicious these days!

WC had been telling anyone that would listen how poor and broke she was. the realtors decided to have an open house in hopes of selling WC spec that had set empty for two years and help her out..yes financially.

WC has been milking this whole drama financially and attention wise. Every since the first day MC went missing. Grieving mom or Drama Queen??

How could she not know about the open house or search for that matter?

It seems that the right hand (LE) didn't know what the left hand (realtors) was doing. Or maybe somebody planned it that way to scramble evidence.

WOW. Interesting info from the Makesmewonder team! If I were hurting financially, I would probably sell a car I didn't need, list my houses for cheaper to get a quicker sale, etc. I'm probably half WC's age & I could think of better ways to gain financial ground than to tell people how broke I was. She seems like a smart and educated woman, too. MOO of course...

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that the article stated it was "suspicious" and also said that it "had not been deemed an arson."

Spontaneous combustion at 1:42 am? Anyway, they were still investigating the cause.

Not so sure there is any relation to this case, but everything certainly is suspicious these days!

I wonder if a torched cell phone started this spontaneous combustion??

Black Tire Marks

1. averageguy mentioned he saw black tire marks in the driveway of the CB property.

2. Sherlock_9 confirms that he also saw black tire marks in the driveway of the CB home when he was there Saturday "If I recall correctly, they were about midway on the flat pavement adjacent to the garage".

IIRC someone on here also thought they saw black tire marks at the Spec Home property, IIRC in the driveway about halfway up... who here said that?

I wonder if there are black tire marks at the boat ramp, on the asphalt up PC where the car was found, and in the perp's driveway? That could be a common thread for someone who always stomps on the gas (with a vehicle capable of laying rubber), or instead someone enraged when in a vehicle at all of those location, and enraged over the same thing.

According to realtors we have spoken with it was an IMPROMPTU event. Was it encouraged in an off-handed way by WC to scramble evidence that she knew was in the home or an innocent act of kindness by co-workers. Maybe a bit of both...

May I ask if they relators were from the same office?

I've been wondering about this. I worked as a Realtor for a while and holding open houses for other Realtors was very common. Often times, a successful Realtor with several listings will offer to let other Realtors who might not have as many clients hold an open house for them. It was beneficial to the Realtor who's listing it was because they didn't have to be there, and it was beneficial to the person at the open house because they were able to meet people looking for houses. It can be a good way to try and get new clients.

If something happened in that house, having someone else hold an open house would be a good way to get a lot of people walking through, touching things, leaving fingerprints, shedding hairs etc... it would be a really good way to contaminate a crime scene.

Sorry but I disagree with categorizing WC as a smart woman. Any parent that learned a 17-year old raped their 12-year old and then fails to show up at the court hearing is not smart, but more like inept and fostering child endangerment. IMO I am stunned that CPS or the court would not intervene on a child's behalf at that point. FYI in other states that predator would have been in jail for decades due to differences in law state-to-state. Now he's out on the streets with his long record soon to be expunged of those 2005 rapes (rumor). This was a lack of safety issue for a child, and now we are talking about the worst case reality when safety disappears.

WOW. Interesting info from the Makesmewonder team! If I were hurting financially, I would probably sell a car I didn't need, list my houses for cheaper to get a quicker sale, etc. I'm probably half WC's age & I could think of better ways to gain financial ground than to tell people how broke I was. She seems like a smart and educated woman, too. MOO of course...

WC's certainly not stupid. For starters, she has a Bachelor of Arts in Education from University of Washington.

http://www.century21exclusively.com/index.php?page_id=17&staff_id=5

Sorry but I disagree with categorizing WC as a smart woman. Any parent that learned a 17-year old raped their 12-year old and then fails to show up at the court hearing is not smart, but more like inept and fostering child endangerment. IMO I am stunned that CPS or the court would not intervene on a child's behalf at that point. FYI in other states that predator would have been in jail for decades due to differences in law state-to-state. Now he's out on the streets with his long record soon to be expunged of those 2005 rapes (rumor). This was a lack of safety issue for a child, and now we are talking about the worst case reality when safety disappears.

A civil no-contact order would have been redundant because the criminal or juvenile court would have issued its own no-contact order against the 17 y.o. perp as a matter of course. Upon conviction, a permanent criminal no-contact order would be re-issued as a matter of course (effective for 5 years or 10 years, or until 21 y.o.).

If this was what WC was counting on to protect MC, then I think it's understandable. If it wasn't, then I agree with your conclusion.

WC's certainly not stupid. For starters, she has a Bachelor of Arts in Education from University of Washington.

And here is where we differentiate between academic intelligence and practical intelligence... (only some of us are lucky to have acquired both!)

Regarding the "sex-capade" accidental death theory, I respectfully submit for consideration:

If she died accidentally (in any fashion), why the BFT? Why the stabbing? The death certificate cites both of these as contributors to COD.

I just don't see those being "accidental." Strangulation, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member