WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little quiet on here now so...
:sunshine: I wanted to share some more information from JV and clear up some rumors: :sunshine:

Thank you for posting this! I have not followed JV too closely here because it seemed clear to me that he was not involved - gut feeling I guess.

Great job!

Melissa, you seem to have established an excellent relationship with JV. It seems evidentally that JV is still in regular contact with RC. JV seems very forthcoming of info and interested in who did this. Next time you visit with him, ask him if RC know's who did it.

Melissa, you seem to have established an excellent relationship with JV. It seems evidentally that JV is still in regular contact with RC. JV seems very forthcoming of info and interested in who did this. Next time you visit with him, ask him if RC know's who did it.

Yeah, he's a cool guy and its very evident that he was very devoted to MC. I wouldn't just say that, either. I think he knows that I have only the best intentions, of finding out information about what happened to her.

He's never visited this site at all, so I inform him of things and he appreciates that I can clear up rumors for him.

Another New Article:

Investigators missing cell phone data in Cowell case

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/01/investigators-missing-cell-phone-data-in-cowell/

The sheriff doesn't know which 12-hour period is missing from the cell phone data, or whether it was before or after she went missing, yet he said Verizon was able to provide data for MC's phone before and after the purged 12-hour period? It seems if you had time frames for the two bookends, you'd have a time frame for the middle where the books are, so to speak. Process of deduction.

Certaiin cell phone records of people who were associated with MC are also missing, according to the article, but the sheriff did not know what periods were missing. Not saying would be one thing, but not knowing seems a tad surprising unless it would be a strategy.

Yeah, he's a cool guy and its very evident that he was very devoted to MC. I wouldn't just say that, either. I think he understands that I have only the best intentions, of finding out information about what happened to her.

He's never visited this site at all, so I inform him of things and he appreciates that I can clear up rumors for him.

ETA: Yes, he is still in contact with RC. In fact, I believe they did something together today to honor MC's birthday. I will ask him your question.

As he was someone very close to MC, I would also value and welcome HIS personal opinion of who did this...should he wish to offer...

As he was someone very close to MC, I would also value and welcome HIS personal opinion of who did this...should he wish to offer...

I don't want to say that on here, because of the possibility of this person(s) reading this site and retaliating against him.

Melissa, did he say what time he went up to the PC location and who notified him? It seems odd that WC wasn't there or didn't stay. However; maybe LE called RC since the car was registered to him and, due to the RO, WC didn't go. I imagine somebody called her to see if MC was there or if she knew where she might be. Still.....WW reported that both parents were there. Didn't they?

Guess I'll go re-read that first report.

The sheriff doesn't know which 12-hour period is missing from the cell phone data, or whether it was before or after she went missing, yet he said Verizon was able to provide data for MC's phone before and after the purged 12-hour period? It seems if you had time frames for the two bookends, you'd have a time frame for the middle where the books are, so to speak. Process of deduction.

Certaiin cell phone records of people who were associated with MC are also missing, according to the article, but the sheriff did not know what periods were missing. Not saying would be one thing, but not knowing seems a tad surprising unless it would be a strategy.

Harum is not the task force PIO so he should really not be speaking about the case. But I understand he recently announced his intent to run for re-election. Let's hope he doesnt say anything that could jeopardize the case.

(PIO = Public Information Officer)

I don't want to say that on here, because of the possibility of this person(s) reading this site and retaliating against him.

Without saying who he suspects - does this mean that he does indeed suspect a specific person(s)?

Yes, he does.

Well that says ALOT! You stated that he does not frequent here so some of our POIs would not be known to him, right? How many possible POIs do you think he may have? The media or LE hasnt given any... Who else would he suspect? Someone close to MC or WC.. clear as day to me!

Yea!! :dance:

Looking back at your own posts, I can probably guess who he suspects, that is assuming you have insight from him that we do not and agree with him :)

You rock, girl.

One question if you can answer. Has he said anything about what her relationship with JF was like?

Some questions and comments:

So WC never talked to JV (rumor). Then how would she have his phone number to call him on 2/9 (rumor)? That seems odd. If it is true, then why after refusing to ever speak to him would she immediately call JV when her daughter was in danger. Red flag for me.

Someone mentioned that we have not seen a single piece of evidence to implicate JF. Unpleasant guy sure, murderer? No proof yet IMO.

IMO providing an "all thumbs up I"m a good guy I didn't do it and I'm cleared" communication is odd too. Isn't this what anyone in their right mind would say? I don't see the value in saying it. I thought LE did not say yea or nay on anybody until the perp/s is in handcuffs and being booked. JMO

Nice job Melissa. I feel sorry for him and for his loss.

Happy Birthday MacKenzie, God Bless You

IMO providing an "all thumbs up I"m a good guy I didn't do it and I'm cleared" communication is odd too. Isn't this what anyone in their right mind would say? I don't see the value in saying it. I thought LE did not say yea or nay on anybody until the perp/s is in handcuffs and being booked. JMO

Could you clarify a little? Who or when was the " all thumbs up..and I'm cleared" communication given?

I missed something apparently...
thanks!

Yeah, he's a cool guy and its very evident that he was very devoted to MC. I wouldn't just say that, either. I think he understands that I have only the best intentions, of finding out information about what happened to her.

ETA: Yes, he is still in contact with RC. In fact, I believe they did something together today to honor MC's birthday. I will ask him your question.

Yeah Melissa!!:bow: This :star2: is for all your hard work. This :innocent: is for JV. And this :put em up: is for the killer.

Snipped for brevity.

I don't know, I think LE clears people all the time based on exclusionary alibis and other evidence. Possible that he was at work during the critical hours in question, his phone data doesn't support her movements, ect ect...

I wouldn't think it's odd reassuring someone that you didn't do it. Personally, I think I would be terrified to even go out my door and asking people to believe me, offering up what LE had done to exclude me. Who wants to be thought of as a guilty party?

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it's strange.

Some questions and comments:

So WC never talked to JV (rumor). Then how would she have his phone number to call him on 2/9 (rumor)? That seems odd. If it is true, then why after refusing to ever speak to him would she immediately call JV when her daughter was in danger. Red flag for me.

Someone mentioned that we have not seen a single piece of evidence to implicate JF. Unpleasant guy sure, murderer? No proof yet IMO.

He doesn't know how she got his number.

I never said anything about JF, so...

That last part couldn't be further from the truth. You have no idea of what our conversations have been like.

The point I am trying to make is that the crime was shocking, and often with murder IMO it is almost as shocking and painful when it is learned who done it. It is not always the bad acting jerk and creepy guy with a mole on his face. Sometimes the public and LE focus too much on this type of person (the obvious one), and they are later stunned to learn someone else did it.

I wanted to share information with my fellow sleuthers and I'm taking somewhat of a risk doing so.

I had never talked to JV before a few days ago.

He was not forthcoming with all this information, lets just say that. He didn't know who I am and what my intentions were and I don't blame him for being cautious, especially considering the nature of this crime.

He has never asked me to tell everyone that he's a good guy, blah blah blah. I told him I would be clearing up some rumors for him, and he said that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme