Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Ok, so what about removing a battery? Taking the back off, ect. Easy or difficult for someone unfamiliar with the phone? Does it have a flip or slide that must be opened to remove battery? It's sounds like neither of these things turn a phone on. What happens when you put a battery back in? Does it power up or does that require pushing the two buttons? What are the chances someone unfamiliar with the phone would be able to even turn it on?

Does it make a noise/alert you when you leave, but especially when you return to a cell coverage area?

I think it would be really easy for anyone to figure out how to remove the battery. Its on the back of the phone, with a little (obvious) lever located on it. Its a "slide" mechanism.

Taking the battery out turns the phone off, obviously. But putting the battery back in, even when the phone was on to begin with, doesn't turn the phone back on. I just tested this. You have to power the phone back on by pressing the "end" button for about 2 seconds until you see the unit power up.

Someone unfamiliar with the phone may not know that you have to press the "end" button to power the phone up. However, this seems to be a standard with Verizon phones, as my last 2 phones worked the same way. So if someone was familiar with Verizon phones, they may know that is how you turn the phone back on.

I tried turning it on pressing other buttons such as "ok" or "send" and it didn't work. The "end" button seems to be the only way to power the phone back up.

It doesn't make a noise alert when you return to coverage, however, if you received a text while out of coverage, the text will ring in when you are back in coverage. I don't get notification that I have a text when I am in a "no service" area.

Sorry... ok, maybe it was Shari's and not Dennys. Either way, there was a rumor a number of threads back of JV being questioned by LE about whether his car was at the restaurant.

Also, I'm referring to "MC taking a break" - although, according to what you've previously stated JV believes, it sounds like it can be ruled out th at MC had any intentions of going back to the salon school that day.

So, I'm talking about the time between MC leaving her school, 3:01 pm, yet not being able to meet up with JV until 4:15 pm. Was it common for her to wait over an hour, (getting coffee or whatever?), waiting for JV to get off work? Was he working a little later than normal? Did he ever work longer than normal, and if so what or where did MC do/go while she waited?

I'm sure that JV works different shifts all the time. That's what I did when I worked retail- some days 11-8, some 9-5, etc. I know that MC & JV hung out almost every day but I don't think she was necessarily "waiting" to meet up with him. I think they usually just checked in with each other throughout the day. It was common for her to go to the gym when she wasn't in school or at home. He said they probably would have gotten together later that night but it was a Tuesday, so they didn't have definite plans. I remember it being like that with my boyfriend in high school. We'd sometimes hang out during the week but most of the time I had homework but we always hang out on the weekend.

I guess it's subjective....because I disagree. :) I don't think we had much rain at all. :) Was it really I record?
Monthly averages & records °F | °C

Month Average low Average high Average precip Record low Record high
January 23° 35° 1.07 in -29° (1927) 68° (2004)
February 27° 42° 0.83 in -23° (1890) 66°
March 34° 54° 0.61 in -10° (1891) 80° (1923)
April 40° 63° 0.48 in 16° (1927) 93° (1977)
May 48° 72° 0.61 in 25° (1905) 103° (1986)
June 54° 79° 0.56 in 30° (1918) 105° (1992)
July 60° 87° 0.37 in 36° (1913) 110° (1928)
August 59° 86° 0.37 in 29° (1910) 109° (1961)
September 51° 77° 0.35 in 16° (1926) 101° (1987)
October 40° 61° 0.48 in 9° (1919) 90° (1932)
November 30° 44° 1.08 in -13° (1896) 70° (1989)
December 23° 33° 1.43 in -31° (1919) 67° (1949)

JV confirmed that her windshield wiper didn't really work. Also, it actually rarely rains in Wenatchee. It's almost like desert out there. It rains a lot on the west side of the mountains, but east of the mountains is almost like a different state, the climate is so different.

ETA: I guess Wenatchee did have a lot more rain than usual this year. I just didn't know because I'm not from Wenatchee. I would have assumed her dad would have gotten it fixed if it wasn't sufficient for driving in the rain- windshield wipers are not very expensive.

Thanks Mellisa, Metalsmith and others for providing the feedback on the climate in Washington State. Shows how little I know, I always thought, by movies, that it rains alot in Washington.

But my concern in my post was that I would consider windshield wipers part of critical equipment, such as brakes, and lights. My concern now is what other problems were there with MC's car? I can't tell you how may times I have heard of a woman's car breaking down, a good samaritan stops to help, and then she is found dead. But this type of scenario would not fit with the location of the car and where MC was found. IMO

ETA: You know we need a break in this case when we are reduced to talking about the weather. :dance:

Thanks Mellisa, Metalsmith and others for providing the feedback on the climate in Washington State. Shows how little I know, I always thought, by movies, that it rains alot in Washington.

But my concern in my post was that I would consider windshield wipers part of critical equipment, such as brakes, and lights.

I only quoted the part of your post that I am commenting on.

Yes, the movies generally cover the western part of the state where it does rain a lot.

However, windshield wipers are still needed here. When it rains, you do need them. LOL! And, when it snows, it can snow in large clumps that accumulate on the windshield. It may not rain for long periods of time, but when it rains it generally rains a decent amount in a short time. Without wipers, you wouldn't be able to see. So I also find it odd that her wiper didn't work. I wonder which side of the windshield it was on. I really hope it was her passenger side. Otherwise, I find this extremely strange that she was driving around without a working wiper.

In stating the above, I am agreeing with you when you said that it is as necessary as the brakes. I just wanted to clairify. :)

I'm sure that JV works different shifts all the time. That's what I did when I worked retail- some days 11-8, some 9-5, etc. I know that MC & JV hung out almost every day but I don't think she was necessarily "waiting" to meet up with him. I think they usually just checked in with each other throughout the day. It was common for her to go to the gym when she wasn't in school or at home. He said they probably would have gotten together later that night but it was a Tuesday, so they didn't have definite plans. I remember it being like that with my boyfriend in high school. We'd sometimes hang out during the week but most of the time I had homework but we always hang out on the weekend.

Then isn't there a chance she was heading to Golds Gym or she even made it to the parking lot and was getting ready to go in but didn't make it? Just throwing a possibility out there considering how close it is to the boat ramp.

snipped with respect:

Question for the rest of you:

Do you think a lone killer could have done this?

LE has considered this theory as well...they made a specific request for leads for anyone seeing anyone walking towards Wenatchee specifically along two identified routes back from PC.

Jury is still out for me. IMO, LE is not going to get a simple confession unless someone involved talks loosely, or LE finds a "smoking gun" like definitive test results like bloodwork, DNA, prints, CSI evidence, etc.

I'll bring this up again since we now know MC's windshield wiper may have been bad (wiper motor)? IMO cars that old usually have at least one electrical fault, and that could register on the car's computer. IIRC those errors (if any) are logged on start up. I am not sure how long they are retained. If a good mechanic could download that from her car, it might reveal times her car was started on 2/9, and specifically after 3:01 PM.

General question about Hoppy Frog's post----she tells us not to "bash" MC's mom because there is no evidence that she was involved in the murder. We have no evidence that ANYONE was involved in the murder so does that mean we can't talk about anyone on here?? I am confused. Maybe Hoppy means that we can't "bash" anyone. Can anyone explain? I had the same problem yesterday when Hoppy told us not to talk about JF's wife because she is innocent---but we don't know that. Help......
Thank you Sun. I am also perplexed here. Not that I have ever thought WC murdered MC, but I do believe that the odd behavior of the family warrents discussion to some degree. Mixed with the strong rumor that the perp was close to MC, and with admitteded FBI interviews with JF and WC, and the 911 calls from WC, and on and on and on and on.

Hoppy, can you please explain the rules we need to follow in regards to WC? Are they now different for her than anyone else? TYI

snipped with respect:

I only quoted the part of your post that I am commenting on.

I wonder which side of the windshield it was on. I really hope it was her passenger side. Otherwise, I find this extremely strange that she was driving around without a working wiper.

In stating the above, I am agreeing with you when you said that it is as necessary as the brakes. I just wanted to clairify. :)

Correct me if I am wrong but wipers such as on this car are linked together. The pics of her car show both windshield wipers extended and synchronized. So if she was having trouble with them then the entire windshield would be unviewable in a rain storm.

The only time I have seen no windshield wipers not necessary is when a coworker of mine sprayed some product you can by and it breaks the water tension and the water never stays on the windshield. So he didn't have to turn his windshield wipers on. I doubt MC would know about this.

I'll bring this up again since we now know MC's windshield wiper may have been bad (wiper motor)? IMO cars that old usually have at least one electrical fault, and that could register on the car's computer. IIRC those errors (if any) are logged on start up. I am not sure how long they are retained. If a good mechanic could download that from her car, it might reveal times her car was started on 2/9, and specifically after 3:01 PM.

You bring up a good point that always bothered me but I didn't post. Did LE just simple tow MC's car to the impound (at that time this was not a homicide...yet) or did they check to see if the car would start? But I am a newb (my kid's terminology) when it comes to CSI.

Yesterday Chilifries mentioned the show Twinpeaks. I have always meant to watch that show. After his post, I started watching it on my computer. The murder that precedes Laura Palmer's happened on February 9th. I'm just sayin'. He maybe onto something here.

snipped with respect:

Correct me if I am wrong but wipers such as on this car are linked together. The pics of her car show both windshield wipers extended and synchronized. So if she was having trouble with them then the entire windshield would be unviewable in a rain storm.

The only time I have seen no windshield wipers not necessary is when a coworker of mine sprayed some product you can by and it breaks the water tension and the water never stays on the windshield. So he didn't have to turn his windshield wipers on. I doubt MC would know about this.

Whoa that just reminded me of something. It probably doesn't have anything to do with this but I thought I'd mention it anyways. I used to work at a gas station with a car wash and on days that it was raining when we would leave work, my coworker would go through the car wash. The hot wax at the end of the wash made the rain roll right off of her windshield just like that rain-x stuff.

Del do you remember the post about a young man who worked for JF being polyed and LE asking about a duck blind in his interview?? I do not recall that being stated in that post.

Wow always playing catch up. I posted about the person whom worked for JF a few weeks ago. I did not mention the "tent material" or a few other things on that post. My co-worker and I were discussing this case yesterday and we recalled the guy saying he was asked about tent material. Thus we became curious if perp/perps could have used possibly a canvas to drag MC on. That is why the question to DelR, if he had seen tent material previously in that area.
Sorry I was not more clear!

We think alike...see my edit in post above.

ETA: Sorry, typing faster than my brain. Edit was to answer Sherlock
I think I get it, are you saying damage to other vehicles or places Mac visited to match red paint...good thinking.

I do not recall if this has been discussed?
I would think that if LE had found specific critical evidence in or on MC car,
that it would not have been towed to an open outdoor area. Does anyone know if it was actually taken in for a proper crime inspection? Does anyone know if any other vehicals have been taken in for inspection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch