WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a crime scene but not necessarily the location where MC was killed.

And with our excellent del rio photography, our sleuthers showed that something was dragged or wheelbarrelled to this site.

Just a thought: One of the other sleuthers may have proposed this...

possibly multible attack sites... she was attacked somewhere else...body dragged to the shore. Perp may have realized MC was not in fact dead and attacked again.
Or...trying not to be gross...perp heard sounds from MC's corpse and attacked again thinking she was still alive.

Thanks Jgk. That would explain why in Puf's Timeline it says " . . "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster." What they left out is her body was dragged to that place.

I think I have put too much thought on the word 'put', as to me that says 'put in a particular way', as posed, for instance. What is interesting about that is everything about how the body is left gives clues to help profiling the perp. We just don't have enough details yet.

I thought your thought could be very probable ;}

I wanted to let you all know that you are amazing people and are truly :angel:s for the cause. I have been following the threads since the inception but have not contributed as I never felt that I had anything of substance to further help your progress. For all that it is worth, the week after MC was found a fellow co-worker contacted a member of the Hurd family( I was present during the conversation) and it was stated that the area was thoroughly searched by LE; the areas included the barns and even the old school house, it was stated that they were questioned by LE and felt like they were treated, at the time, as potential suspects. Not sure whether it matters one way or the other but at least it lends itself to conclude that LE was looking at all people involved even if it was indirectly. On another note, is it possible that MC's life was taken on the day she was discovered? I only bring this up based on a rumor I was told by a good friend who works at CWH, she said that it was said that when MC was taken to the morgue that her internals still registered temperature. I do not know for sure how or whom she heard this from but I only know that I do not think she is one to gossip for gossip sake. I generally only read here but have been a "guest" hiding behind the screen, uncertain as to whether to say what I have heard or been told. Keep up your thoughtful, insightful sleuthing and know that your time and effort is appreciated :clap:

Thanks Jgk. That would explain why in Puf's Timeline it says " . . "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster." What they left out is her body was dragged to that place.

I think I have put too much thought on the word 'put', as to me that says 'put in a particular way', as posed, for instance. What is interesting about that is everything about how the body is left gives clues to help profiling the perp. We just don't have enough details yet.

I thought your thought could be very probable ;}

How do we know LE wasn't misleading with this information, also? Remember, the people that found her told one of our sleuthers that she was lying on the bank with her feet "bobbing" in the river. IIRC They thought it looked like she had been in the river and possibly washed up on the bank or been deposited there and the water level had dropped. I'm not really sure what to believe.

I wanted to let you all know that you are amazing people and are truly :angel:s for the cause. I have been following the threads since the inception but have not contributed as I never felt that I had anything of substance to further help your progress. For all that it is worth, the week after MC was found a fellow co-worker contacted a member of the Hurd family( I was present during the conversation) and it was stated that the area was thoroughly searched by LE; the areas included the barns and even the old school house, it was stated that they were questioned by LE and felt like they were treated, at the time, as potential suspects. Not sure whether it matters one way or the other but at least it lends itself to conclude that LE was looking at all people involved even if it was indirectly. On another note, is it possible that MC's life was taken on the day she was discovered? I only bring this up based on a rumor I was told by a good friend who works at CWH, she said that it was said that when MC was taken to the morgue that her internals still registered temperature. I do not know for sure how or whom she heard this from but I only know that I do not think she is one to gossip for gossip sake. I generally only read here but have been a "guest" hiding behind the screen, uncertain as to whether to say what I have heard or been told. Keep up your thoughtful, insightful sleuthing and know that your time and effort is appreciated :clap:

This could deffinatly mean that she was held in the CB home alive, and if LE found a hair reciept there than maybe MC got it away from someone to identify who may have harmed her or helped harm her and managed to stash it, in the event she did not make it out of there alive????

Ok. I'm gonna clear this up once and for all. CC is MC's brother. He is the only CC. It was never posted that JV had a friend CC. Somebody just misread a post and took it from there. You know how rumors flow!

Again. only one CC. MC's brother. Only.

I just noticed JV in your post..Was this just a typing error & you really meant JF who really does have a friend 'CC'? If not, I hope it's been cleared up for you :)

This could deffinatly mean that she was held in the CB home alive, and if LE found a hair reciept there than maybe MC got it away from someone to identify who may have harmed her or helped harm her and managed to stash it, in the event she did not make it out of there alive????

If there is any truth to what I was told I believe your theory is entirely plausible!
I have not ruled out the possibility that this tragedy was not as premeditated as some might believe and that it played out over the course of 2/9-2/13 in order to cover the tracks or throw LE off course.

I just noticed JV..Was this just a typing error & you really meant JF who really does have a friend 'CC'? If not, I hope it's been cleared up for you :)

It's been cleared up. Two CC's. MC's brother #1 and JF's friend #2.

How do we know LE wasn't misleading with this information, also? Remember, the people that found her told one of our sleuthers that she was lying on the bank with her feet "bobbing" in the river. IIRC They thought it looked like she had been in the river and possibly washed up on the bank or been deposited there and the water level had dropped. I'm not really sure what to believe.

That well could be AutumnRose, I know in the Lindsey Baum case a searcher was told by someone involved w/ LE that they used the media as a tool.

Yes, I do remember hearing that, and that the people who found her saw her from a distance. That changes so much about the crime, IMO.

We haven't seen Del Rio in a few days, but I'd like to ask him how he was so sure that her feet were in the stream, not the river. :waitasec:

BBM

Ok, according to wikianswers
This process generally takes about 8 to 12 hours on the skin, but the centre of the body takes about three times as long to cool.

Other information leads me to believe that guessing the time of death by internal temp alone can be wildly off without figuring in position of body, what type of surface it was left upon, exposure to wind, and especially water, and on... and on. Many variables.

IMO, if death occurred Tuesday night and the body was stored inside a heated dwelling prior to being dropped off at Crescent Bar late Friday/early Saturday morning, it might still register an internal body temperature.

This is SPECULATION based on above quoted RUMOR -- nothing more... much less

MelissaW......Can you ask JV if MC's keys were in the car when they found it or if he knows what happened to her keys? Also, does he know if the footprints leading away from her car were hers or someone else's?

TIA!

"one set of prints" if we knew for certain they were not or could not have been made by MC (who left work wearing heels/boots with heels) and they were made by someone else...then we are down to two possible scenario's. Man or woman drove car to that spot and dumped it or man drove that car to that spot and carried body to another (waiting) vehicle <leaving just the one set of footprints>. If the prints went from drivers door straight to asphalt then likely it was just a driver. If the passenger door was on the asphalt then the body transfer theory could still be a possibility.

Footprints carrying another person would be deeper, likely 250-300 pound impressions. Footprints otherwise would be light. Not sure what the terrain was like up there (the dirt, weather, etc.).

Would be nice to know more info about the footprints.

Welcome & thanks for the info :)

I'm relieved to hear LE checked a lot around PC & questioned the Hurds..There are kids in that family around MC's age & some know one or both of her brothers..That=a possible connection & even tho parent made the call about the car that shouldn't have automatically ruled anyone in this family out..I'm sure they didn't like being treated like "suspects" but that's how it often works in a MURDER case if LE is doing their job.

I guess it's possible M was kept alive that long but we'll never know for sure until the trial..I'm confident there will be one!

The first person was H20skiier, and that was posted over a month ago and we haven't seen them lately. It would be really helpful if one of these people could come back on and give us more information.

I'm here.

Yes, I do remember hearing that, and that the people who found her saw her from a distance. That changes so much about the crime, IMO.

We haven't seen Del Rio in a few days, but I'd like to ask him how he was so sure that her feet were in the stream, not the river. :waitasec:

Hi MelissaW, If they saw her from a distance they likely would not be able to tell if she had washed up, right? I remember reading a commenter in an early article mention how she had been brutalized and then warned the women of Wenatchee to stay safe. That is not a fact IMO. In fact I have read so many possibilities I realize one has to keep an open mind in Sleuthin' the case.

It is a blessing her body was found. It had to hold clues, even if it washed up on the bank. IMO they will bring her killer to Justice.

snipped

2/14/10 &#8211; Below info located in side bar of WW article linked below:

Records from Cowell&#8217;s cell phone last week show &#8220;just normal cell phone activity for Mackenzie,&#8221; Moore said. &#8220;There were no numbers that were different or unique from who she was normally calling.&#8221;

Good point!! Again someone very close to her!

Unless...... an internet friend of several months was talking to her regularly....

It's been cleared up. Two CC's. MC's brother #1 and JF's friend #2.

OK..but that doesn't explain if you thought it was re: JV vs JF & I'm genuinely curious if that made any diff to you..Feel free not to answer if you feel I'm crossing the line..Peace! :)

MelissaW......Can you ask JV if MC's keys were in the car when they found it or if he knows what happened to her keys? Also, does he know if the footprints leading away from her car were hers or someone else's?

TIA!

He doesn't know anything about the keys and AFAIK, he doesn't know anything about the footprints. I know it was pretty dark when he got there, so I don't think it was possible to examine everything. He did say her purse being in the backseat was very off, because she never would have done that.

BBM

Ok, according to wikianswers

Other information leads me to believe that guessing the time of death by internal temp alone can be wildly off without figuring in position of body, what type of surface it was left upon, exposure to wind, and especially water, and on... and on. Many variables.

IMO, if death occurred Tuesday night and the body was stored inside a heated dwelling prior to being dropped off at Crescent Bar late Friday/early Saturday morning, it might still register an internal body temperature.

This is SPECULATION based on above quoted RUMOR -- nothing more... much less

Hi Alt.theory, Yes, but most interesting. Decomposition has so many variables that affect it's progress. But even in a heated room decomp would still be ongoing I believe. It starts the minute of death and works from the inside of the body out. Just my thought, but I think by late Fri eve with death on Tues eve and in a warm room, the body would have been warm to the touch but decomp well on it's way thru the stages.

It is a simply awful possibility she would have been kept alive for 3 days before being killed and do hope that warm entrails possibility was morphed {that happens innocently and allot on crime forums}. We might have some surprises along the way to Justice for Mackenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle