WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much. Did you read the WW today ! New article. Tell me your thoughts by what LE says. I sure have mine !

I remember in a past thread this topic coming up. And it was stated that the 884 # she called didn't have any connection. But when they imposed the 4 with a 1 (881 -####) that it was a coworker of JV. As far as I know only Verizon Cell #'s have 881 #'s.

I think this topic came up in chat. (which I do not attend) I find is sort of odd that it was brought up here before WW picked up the info. Wonder if WW gets leads from this thread or in chat room.

That is backwards. The 884 number was his house phone. The 881 number was unknown until they received the search warrant and it did not belong to the coworker.

I find it very strange that not one person close to MC knew anything about the 884/881 number or who she may have been trying to contact. I feel that the police know who did this and are hoping that this individual slips up. (At least I hope they have a POI)

After LE checked out the family with the 884# and found no obvious connection to MC, I read that 884 has a son who works where JV does. In doing a WA courts look up, I saw no less than 20 cases in which 884's son was defendant. Overall, viewing the cases listed, I lost count at 37. Busy guy IMO. There was some reason MC made six telephone calls to the 884#, in rapid succession, within minutes of leaving the beauty school. The why and to whom of those calls may tell a tale IMO

What county? I think you may have the wrong SB.

What county? I think you may have the wrong SB.

Yea, there are a bunch of them listed, but I can't find a single one for Chelan or Douglas County. SB is a common name. I don't think this SB is any of the SB's that are listed.

Anyone remember M.C.M. who is in jail for obstruction of justice $500,000.00 bail? Seems way back this was talked about here, ? I beleive I remember someone said something about domestic matters in another state??? (help me remember!?) Do not remember, although he is still in jail with the extream bail...
www.co.chelan.wa.us
well I would think, a possible prior would be on such a person?
www.dw.courts.wa.gov and NOT...anyone with any info on this subject?
If I remember correctly he was brought up because of a close living proximity to a MC family friend or something? Going to try to get into chat, will check back.. Sorry if this subject has been exhausted!

I will when I see how to. The edit option seems not to be on the msg as usual I can add to it with an update Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

I would like to suggest an alternate theory: MC didn't have her phone with her when she left the hair academy (how many teenagers can recall/remember a number from their contact list, let alone dial it while driving?)

If this is a frequently called number then LE will find it within MCs contacts on her phone, if not, then the absence of this number supports the theory that she did not make this call because her phone had been removed from her purse before she left the academy. Knowing it was a quick errand, MC might have thought it not worth the trouble to go back for her phone if she realized it was gone. If it was removed before she left then there is an accomplice at the academy.

LE states that 6 calls were made after she drove away, but they don't say she made them and they don't state where the calls originated from.

Six calls to the same number -- caller ID would identify MCs phone number so there is no requirement to answer the phone to know who is calling -- may have been a pre-arranged signal that MC was on her way, or just a distraction for the LE. Not having to the answer the phone provides an alibi of sorts for the recipient of the calls.

I have been a firm believer that MC was not at the boat launch and that the texts "hey" between her phone and her boyfriend's was also a signal that either the deed was done, or that MC had been taken. Taking her phone before she left the hair academy guaranteed that she could not call 911 if the plan to hurt her failed.

One other thought on the car wash sighting which was discussed in much, much earlier posts. I haven't been on this site in well over a month, so if the car wash sighting has been found to be a rumor then I apologize for putting this idea out there, but here goes. What if when MC arrived at Target or wherever she was met by more than one "friend"? While the POI entered her car, the others simply leaned against the driver's door to prevent her from getting out and concerned that they had left fingerprints ran her car through the carwash later that evening. This crime could have taken place relatively unnoticed in a parking lot. How often do we see teens leaning against cars and think nothing of it? A little loud music to go with it and no one would know....

I would like to suggest an alternate theory: MC didn't have her phone with her when she left the hair academy (how many teenagers can recall/remember a number from their contact list, let alone dial it while driving?)

If this is a frequently called number then LE will find it within MCs contacts on her phone, if not, then the absence of this number supports the theory that she did not make this call because her phone had been removed from her purse before she left the academy. Knowing it was a quick errand, MC might have thought it not worth the trouble to go back for her phone if she realized it was gone. If it was removed before she left then there is an accomplice at the academy.

LE states that 6 calls were made after she drove away, but they don't say she made them and they don't state where the calls originated from.

Six calls to the same number -- caller ID would identify MCs phone number so there is no requirement to answer the phone to know who is calling -- may have been a pre-arranged signal that MC was on her way, or just a distraction for the LE. Not having to the answer the phone provides an alibi of sorts for the recipient of the calls.

I have been a firm believer that MC was not at the boat launch and that the texts "hey" between her phone and her boyfriend's was also a signal that either the deed was done, or that MC had been taken. Taking her phone before she left the hair academy guaranteed that she could not call 911 if the plan to hurt her failed.

One other thought on the car wash sighting which was discussed in much, much earlier posts. I haven't been on this site in well over a month, so if the car wash sighting has been found to be a rumor then I apologize for putting this idea out there, but here goes. What if when MC arrived at Target or wherever she was met by more than one "friend"? While the POI entered her car, the others simply leaned against the driver's door to prevent her from getting out and concerned that they had left fingerprints ran her car through the carwash later that evening. This crime could have taken place relatively unnoticed in a parking lot. How often do we see teens leaning against cars and think nothing of it? A little loud music to go with it and no one would know....
Brilliant ImaMom !!!

The only thing I've read about the phone is that it is still missing and we assume she had it with her things in the car and the killer possibly tossed it - say into the river. And then we were thinking she made those 6 calls one right after another. Maybe she didn't!

What if she couldn't find her phone before she left school, and if this was a premeditated crime, and it was taken for the reason you said? The only question that will arise is your theory would mean JV was in on it. I thought at this point he was not being looked at for the crime, at least by posters that I've read.

The truth about the phone situation could be one thing LE is holding close to the vest, eh? Possibly IMO xox

I was thinking. What about changing the first numbers around and leaving the 1122. I am not familiar with WA phone numbers, but I would think there has to be more options then 88(1,2,3,4....). Maybe someone local would know?

ETA: Numbers are listed for both 662 and 664 from what I can tell. I also think she likely only dialed once and then hit redial for the remainder of the calls. Thats alot of calls in a short time interval...

On another note, after pondering this a little further. IF MC had called or communicated with this number (or a similar one) in any way before that day, wouldnt LE know this from phone records?

I was thinking. What about changing the first numbers around and leaving the 1122. I am not familiar with WA phone numbers, but I would think there has to be more options then 88(1,2,3,4....). Maybe someone local would know?

ETA: Numbers are listed for both 662 and 664 from what I can tell. I also think she likely only dialed once and then hit redial for the remainder of the calls. Thats alot of calls in a short time interval...

There's also 679, and 669 for mobile phones not sure if its specific to at&T or verizon or t-mobile or what. and 860 for home phones

So I got thinking, what IF she dialed the wrong area code, but had the right number. Far fetched, maybe so, but this is what came up:

http://www.vrbo.com/189647

ETA: Not that I see much relevance, but how weird with all the real estate connections!

Brilliant ImaMom !!!

The only thing I've read about the phone is that it is still missing and we assume she had it with her things in the car and the killer possibly tossed it - say into the river. And then we were thinking she made those 6 calls one right after another. Maybe she didn't!

What if she couldn't find her phone before she left school, and if this was a premeditated crime, and it was taken for the reason you said? The only question that will arise is your theory would mean JV was in on it. I thought at this point he was not being looked at for the crime, at least by posters that I've read.

The truth about the phone situation could be one thing LE is holding close to the vest, eh? Possibly IMO xox

Excellent reasoning. Very plausible theory gives me goose bumps because it sounds so right.

After reviewing MC's phone tower-hits records LE reported MC's phone, and they believe MC, too, was at the Riverfront Park boat ramp. Of course, the report could have been a ploy, inaccurate or neither.

If the report is accurate regarding the phone but it was not in MC's possession then someone from the Academy would had to have left the Academy and traveled to the boat ramp relatively soon after MC had left. Of course, we'd have to assume MC had her phone when she arrived to the Academy earlier that day.

At this point, we do not know if MC even had her phone with her that day ... as LE reports, no other calls were placed from the phone except for a text message exchange between it and JV's phone ~ 3:40 p.m.

For how long did MC not have her phone?

Another possibility: did someone "find" MC's phone and contact her to set a meet to return the phone? But what of the "6 phone calls"?

If it was frequently dialed from MC's phone (which would be determined by phone records) LE would be pressing hard on the people assigned to that number. But a most-recent report indicates LE believes the people did not know and did not associate with MC.

It's more likely MC had her phone and dialed the # .. what we do not know is why: my speculation is MC noticed that # on JV's phone (did LE check for this?) or otherwise noticed the # written on something related to JV, and MC dialed the # to determine if it was a girl's number. Rumor is that MC visited the Target that morning to meet JV but he was busy with customer(s) so MC perused the CDs and eventually left. Is it during that visit that MC noticed the # written on paperwork at JV's register or perhaps on his cell phone?

Given what we *think* we know, no one can say if MC had her phone with her when she left the Academy .. unless one or more people at Academy that afternoon verified as such.

As for from which location the 6 calls were placed, that is a key piece of information ... according to what we read in the SW docs, LE reports the calls were indeed placed by MC ... as LE reveals their attempt to determine why MC would call that number.

The records related to the number dialed from MC's phone would reveal the ANI of source phone .. again, based on LE data we might safely assume those records confirm the calls were placed from MC's phone.

That presents strong implication that JV was involved since the text msgs were exchanged with his phone, unless we believe that JV also was not in possession of his phone at the time the messages were exchanged.

Unlikely.

But, I do believe it is possible MC might not have had her phone with her, that it might have been taken without her knowledge to prevent MC from placing a 911 call for help.

This would include for a badly beaten, or expired MC's body to still be in her vehicle when it was driven to and through the car wash. Possible but highly unlikely if it was the JetPro car wash since it has multiple attendants. Crazy risk, that.

Or, it would include for MC's body to be transfered between vehicles. Possible, but who would risk such a move in what we'd expect to be an at least mildly to moderately busy parking lot with surveillance cameras?

Bottom line, it is possible MC did not have her phone with her when she left the Academy, and for that matter even when she arrived to the Academy earlier that day.

MOO ... further thinking this through .. the number reported to have been dialed from MC's phone presents a 'generic' pattern in the sense that it contains the 'standard' area code and prefix sequence for Wenatchee, with the line number sequence pattern presenting as a 'quick-decision' selection, meaning:

The number is meaningless. It was dialed by a perp in attempt to portray that MC was (still) 'alive' at the specific time(s) of those calls. Would it have mattered if anyone answered the call? No, only that the calls were placed.

Perhaps the text msgs exchange was a further attempt at that portrayal.

Why would it be important for the perp(s) to portray that MC was still alive at those times? Alibis for whom/who?

Where was 'everyone' when those calls and txt msgs were placed (supposedly by MC)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3