WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Liz - it is encouraging!

Salem

I am praying that this may be coming to an end and that justice is done for Mackenzie. Please God!

If someone local has heard a rumor regarding info on this new interview group, is it within TOS to share that here (labeled as a rumor)? Not names, just some info, such as whether it's high school age, possibly drug-related, etc.?

I don't want anyone to go against TOS, but surely there are local rumors about the new interviewees.

If someone local has heard a rumor regarding info on this new interview group, is it within TOS to share that here (labeled as a rumor)? Not names, just some info, such as whether it's high school age, possibly drug-related, etc.?

I don't want anyone to go against TOS, but surely there are local rumors about the new interviewees.

Above may have been poorly written. Just to clarify, I haven't heard anything about the new interviewees

What I meant to say is: Has anyone heard anything about the new group of people being interviewed? If so, can some general info on the rumor be shared?

It is nice to finally have some news. I have been so worried that her case would just fall into the past, as do so many others! :(

I think an arrest will occur in the next week or two.:woohoo: The murderer(s) must be squirming like the rats they are No Place to hide;None.:twocents:

Extra thoughts and prayers going out to the Cowell family today on what must be a very sad Father's Day.

I surely hope for a resolution of this case. I actually grew up in Wenatchee; though we spent our summers where I live now. It was a VERY different place then. The now "old" bridge used to be the "new" bridge and the old bridge then (which has been torn down) was very feared because "bums" sometimes crossed it. Back then, the "bums" were homeless drunks. There was one black person in the school when I graduated and about three Mexicans. The last time I went to Wenatchee for a family reunion, there were nearly as many Hispanics as whites. Not that I don't love all humanity equally but I was a bit afraid to be alone in the town where I used to roam the neighborhood and only come home for meals. The mindset of the town was always different, too. It was always supposed to be a "picture perfect" town and I have the feeling that that hasn't changed. The truth, though, is that you either belonged to the "right" set of people or you just didn't count at all. I have never missed the place (except for the gorgeous cherry blossums), though I still have relatives there. A neice was raped there and the police decided not to press charges because they had the rapist on narcotic charges that would land him longer. Since this case came up, I find myself having high-school dreams- LOL. Irregardless of MacKenzie's social status, she deserves justice. And my home town deserves to have peace.

Thank God for the tipster involved or not with the crime. This tip seemed to bring more suspects to this case and maybe an arrest. Maybe justice will be served for Mac.

Just in case this might not yet be close to being solved (despite recent news reports) I thought it best to set a fire in this thread, to get you relaxed sleuths up and about ... get those brains goin'! :dance:

So ....

A huge mystery:

What is located at that hairpin turn / turnout? There is not much to see there via Google maps, but of course the map might not accurately reflect the location as it appears today.
  • House?
  • Shed?
  • Open field?
  • Proposed house or business build lot?
  • Who owns that location, if not public or gov. property?
  • Was there construction material 'stored' or 'hidden' at or near that location? Home Depot products-related?
What is the significance of that location beyond the possibilty MC might have been transported to that location?

Was it considered as being their (MC and perps) final (not in the death sense, but in the 'this is where we're going to do something' sense) destination?

Was it a unique location for MC, or had she frequented that location?

How does the infamous repeatedly-dialed phone number relate to that location?

If MC was at that location, did she go willingly as there was no perceived threat, or was she transported to that location after an initial attack?

Were footprints found at that location and if so do they match those found near MC's abandoned vehicle in PC?

Come on, folks ... it's not over 'til it's over ... :waitasec:

ETA:

Why was it necessary to move MC's body away from that location to the riverbank? What connection is there between that location and the perp? Perhaps not so much as to move MC away from that location but more to disappear her in to the river?

In a news account (thx, B Buzz!) that location is referred to as a 'campground' ... is it a trailer / mobile home campground, a picnic-table campground or a larger area 'tent farm'?

Under what pretext did the perp convince MC to drive to that location ... or was MC incapacitated before the trip?

I have a suspicion that the repeatedly-dialed phone number was not detected as being dialed immediatelty after MC left the Academy parking lot ... I suspect it was detected on towers closer to PC, as the perp must have taken the phone from MC's purse when he abandoned the car.

This is from Seattle Weekly: http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/mackenzie_cowell_investigators.phpfocused on a hairpin turn in a campground outside of the city. An earlier tip had suggested that Cowell had been taken there before being murdered....I have not seen this before. I wonder if there is a campground there? They're saying the hairpin turn was In a campground, I wonder what their source is...? I hadn't heard that she might have been taken there before.. being murdered..."earlier tip" If true, it sounds like LE has received some important information.

I surely hope for a resolution of this case. I actually grew up in Wenatchee; though we spent our summers where I live now. It was a VERY different place then. The now "old" bridge used to be the "new" bridge and the old bridge then (which has been torn down) was very feared because "bums" sometimes crossed it. Back then, the "bums" were homeless drunks. There was one black person in the school when I graduated and about three Mexicans. The last time I went to Wenatchee for a family reunion, there were nearly as many Hispanics as whites. Not that I don't love all humanity equally but I was a bit afraid to be alone in the town where I used to roam the neighborhood and only come home for meals. The mindset of the town was always different, too. It was always supposed to be a "picture perfect" town and I have the feeling that that hasn't changed. The truth, though, is that you either belonged to the "right" set of people or you just didn't count at all. I have never missed the place (except for the gorgeous cherry blossums), though I still have relatives there. A neice was raped there and the police decided not to press charges because they had the rapist on narcotic charges that would land him longer. Since this case came up, I find myself having high-school dreams- LOL. Irregardless of MacKenzie's social status, she deserves justice. And my home town deserves to have peace.

Sheromom,

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your niece, but you are mistaken when it comes to the bridges.

-The railroad bridge by ALCOA was built in 1893.
-The bridge currently known as the Pedestrian bridge was built for wagons and irrigation water in 1908.
-George Sellar Bridge (as itis now called) built in 1951.
-Olds Station bridge was built in 1976 and is now called Odabashian bridge.

None have been torn down.

And I'm not praising all of Wenatchees residents but as long as you don't roam in the obvious south Wenatchee neighborhoods, I would say this as safe as just about any town in America. And probably safer than over 90% of them. I have friends from tiny little towns in the south (OK, AR, TX) and they have gang, race, drug, etc..... issues like everyone else.

If it is the turn off near the hairpin there is no houses, shed or construction materials. Going down the road to CB the turn off is to your left which is a good size but no camp ground that I can see. Very opened to the main road. Going down the hairpin you would be on the road below and see above. May have been a stop over to determined what to do with Mac or her body? Just my guess.

If it is the turn off near the hairpin there is no houses, shed or construction materials. Going down the road to CB the turn off is to your left which is a good size but no camp ground that I can see. Very opened to the main road. Going down the hairpin you would be on the road below and see above. May have been a stop over to determined what to do with Mac or her body? Just my guess.
If that is a place Mackenze was taken, was it possibly where the murder occurred? Early on,law enforcement said there was evidence of homicide in the house(156 Crescent Bar Rd.) and on the beach.

I asked the writer of the blog to cite his sources for the campground information. He responded by changing the information, removing the campground reference.

I stand to be corrected. Just got back from CB. When going up the road from CB you can just see the top ridge of pullout. You can't see on top . Sorry for the mis-information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties