WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy - you can NOT post the link. If the minor is later named in the media, we can revisit this. But, see Hoppy's post a few pages back. We do not sleuth minors, we do not name them, and we do not link them.

HTH,

Salem

Salem, even IF said minor is not named? (Just trying to be clear because even as long as I've been here, strange as it may seem - I'm not.) :confused:

The only way you can post about a minor is IF the minor has been publicly named as a POI or suspect by LE.

I hope that's clear. If not, please let me know so I can phrase it differently.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Thanks to all here sleuthing last night. The images of the house (by the way, it is a gorgeous home), and the 911 calls especially helpful to me.
Yes, the right window DOES appear to be out. Maybe LE to get into the house?
James, you get an A+ for all your efforts! Did you get any sleep last night???
If anyone can just synposize all the findings and facts we have so far, it would be awesome. I'm new here, and I am confused on this one.:waitasec:

Upon first seeing it, I'd thought the same thing about that window being out. I think it's just an optical illusion. I'd seen another shot of it, in another video, and it appears to be a picture window that's still in place.

While searching for the video which shows that window to be in place, I stumbled upon this KIRO article, with a rather interesting video that has some info I hadn't seen or heard elsewhere. It could've been posted on the first thread; but I hadn't seen it, so others may not have either.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

It shows a different angle of the property, in which those of us that don't live in the area can get a better grasp of how the home actually sits off the roadway.

One of the notable things stated was the reason that we haven't been hearing from Mackenzie's friends and why they are being so hush-hush (which is highly unusual, imo). Reason is because they were asked by the FBI not to speak to anyone, including reproters during this investigation. (I still find it highly unusual that they're not talking. I mean we're talking high school kids that usually love getting their 15 minutes!)

As to MacKenzie's attire, especially the boots - I think Mackenzie was wearing her fur-trimmed boots when she was found. It's been stated that when she was last seen, she was wearing them. And we all know she was last seen leaving the Academy of Hair Design. I don't perceive her changing out of them before she went missing. This report and others state that she was found fully clothed when found. My perception of that, is from top to bottom. (Not that I'm necessarily right.)

Oh, and here's a new one to me ... the Douglas County sheriff was putting out a bulletin that day (the 15th); a plea for the killer to come forward, so that the community could be at peace.

Can anybody tell what is being covered up with that tarp?

Upon first seeing it, I'd thought the same thing about that window being out. I think it's just an optical illusion. I'd seen another shot of it, in another video, and it appears to be a picture window that's still in place.

While searching for the video which shows that window to be in place, I stumbled upon this KIRO article, with a rather interesting video that has some info I hadn't seen or heard elsewhere. It could've been posted on the first thread; but I hadn't seen it, so others may not have either.

It shows a different angle of the property, in which those of us that don't live in the area can get a better grasp of how the home actually sits off the roadway.

One of the notable things stated was the reason that we haven't been hearing from Mackenzie's friends and why they are being so hush-hush (which is highly unusual, imo). Reason is because they were asked by the FBI not to speak to anyone, including reproters during this investigation. (I still find it highly unusual that they're not talking. I mean we're talking high school kids that usually love getting their 15 minutes!)

As to MacKenzie's attire, especially the boots - I think Mackenzie was wearing her fur-trimmed boots when she was found. It's been stated that when she was last seen, she was wearing them. And we all know she was last seen leaving the Academy of Hair Design. I don't perceive her changing out of them before she went missing. This report and others state that she was found fully clothed when found. My perception of that, is from top to bottom. (Not that I'm necessarily right.)

Oh, and here's a new one to me ... the Douglas County sheriff was putting out a bulletin that day (the 15th); a plea for the killer to come forward, so that the community could be at peace.

Can anybody tell what is being covered up with that tarp?

I hadn't seen that video, thanks!

It looked like they were just unloading the tarp to me, getting it ready to be taken to cover evidence I suppose, or use as a privacy screen.

That last statement was very, very odd to me. I have never heard that before (and I've followed a lot of cases), and you know what it hints at to me? (Paraphrasing):

"We know who you are and that you did this, when the community finds out they're going to be shocked and devastated so you better fess up."

It also doesn't seem like the kind of statement that would be made to a punk teenager(s), but rather an appeal to the "higher" morals of someone respected and maybe entrenched in the community. I don't know, it's very odd. I've never heard such a thing before, so I'm not sure how to interpret it.

One thing I wish is that some media outlet would upload all of these pressers. I think there's a lot of paraphrasing going on and it muddies things significantly. I would like to see full unedited footage of pressers where I could look at the spokesman's face and hear the words for myself.

When the reporter is in the parking lot, talking about the surveillance camera, is that the same truck behind him that we were speculating about?

ValerieKay, I noticed the white truck in that video, but I'm not really sure what truck some people had been speculating about.

My guess is that all the vehicles in that particular parking lot, along with their owners, have been checked out by LE, so I've not been very concerned with that aspect of the case. Of course, I could be totally wrong, too.

Please explain the possible connection between that "creepy" find & the possible perp/possible abduction of M..I feel I'm missing something.

Well after finding the site on my computer (I was sleuthing the other night via Nintendo Wii, so I couldn't go to the Manson Tribune myself), It would appear that Doug in this case is a name (of a LEO or Call Taker), instead of short for Douglas County.

Innitially my thought was that if this was cut to be used as a mask it could have been some sort of torture device. It looks however that tangent my be a wild goose chase instead since nothing shows up linking it to the general areas of concern.

The Wenatchee World
Monday, February 22, 2010

Police awaiting state crime lab results

Police say they have no leads in their investigation into the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, and hope the state crime lab can shed new light on the two-week-old case.

Wenatchee Police Sgt. Cherie Smith said investigators are hoping crime lab results expected early this week will have some information “that might point us in a new direction — or give us some direction, period.”

“It’s getting more and more frustrating when nobody is in custody yet,” she added. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/

The do say they are awaiting results from Finger prints Smith said investigators are expecting information from two state crime labs — the fingerprint lab and the DNA lab.. Iam sure they have a GOOD IDEA!!

I was just coming to post this article: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/

and see you have all beat me to it - but I'm not wasting my link :)

I find it very interesting that LE appears to think there maybe a 3rd crime scene. It appears they are not entirely sure that Mackenzie was killed at the Crescent Bar property or in her car.

Salem

ETA: ~snip from article, underlining by me ~
She said police are no longer gathering evidence from where Cowell’s car and body were found.
“But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

I was just coming to post this article: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/

and see you have all beat me to it - but I'm not wasting my link :)

I find it very interesting that LE appears to think there maybe a 3rd crime scene. It appears they are not entirely sure that Mackenzie was killed at the Crescent Bar property or in her car.

Salem

ETA: ~snip from article, underlining by me ~
She said police are no longer gathering evidence from where Cowell’s car and body were found.
“But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

Interesting that the first part of the article says they have NO leads, then at the end of the same article, it states that they are "following up on leads"......either the LE spokesperson or the reporter need to get the wording straight!

jmoo

There are some unique issues around this case. There are at least two different jurisdictions, Chelan and Douglas Counties and as many as five jurisdictions, Chelan and Douglas Counties, City of Wenatchee, City of East Wenatchee? and Grant County.
The Wenatchee World article stated, ‘Police say they have no leads in their investigation into the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, and hope the state crime lab can shed new light on the two-week-old case.

Wenatchee Police Sgt. Cherie Smith said investigators are hoping crime lab results expected early this week will have some information “that might point us in a new direction — or give us some direction, period.”’ (Wenatchee World)

If we breakdown what has happened there are more than three crimes that have taken place: the abduction, dumping of the car, placing of the body, and the murder. (There will be additional charges) These four known crimes have taken place in at least two jurisdiction and up to four. If you had a suspect for one of the crimes but needed to link them before you move, you would be waiting for the evidence. When they are linked, I believe someone will be arrested. (I think we know who) I have new info, and cannot talk about it until the suspect has been named.

Cherie Smith works for the Wenatchee Police department. By stating that they have no leads they may be talking specifically about the car dumping. This is just my educated guess, I think they have someone in mind, are watching them, and will be moving on them when the evidence comes back.

Also, I cannot remember where I saw it, but it seems to me that the Douglas County Sheriff’s office made a statement to a Seattle area media outlet that they did not think that there was someone out there waiting to commit another random crime.

Jimmy

Also, I cannot remember where I saw it, but it seems to me that the Douglas County Sheriff’s office made a statement to a Seattle area media outlet that they did not think that there was someone out there waiting to commit another random crime.

I remember seeing that too, although I also cannot remember the location as well. I need to pay more attention. :crazy:

Liz posted a video that clearly shows the window in place, and the blind raised. However at the end of this video the sherrif giving the statesments says The place were we found her body APPEARS to be the crime scene....

I may have missed it, but I have read over and over, WHO is the mom's BF? Where has he been in all this? Does anyone have a name for him? He seems to be the more obvious suspect. Does he live with the mom? I am suspicious of him... I don't think we are looking at a minor here.

I don't think we even have a name for the mom's bf. I have looked and have not found any leads.

I have been following this case closely and just broke down and joined this site. I have an idea of who the mom's boyfriend is, but not sure how to post it by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip