WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quote from WW's 2/10/10 article, which makes one reference to the tracking dog:

Sheriff’s department spokesman Jerry Moore said investigators launched the helicopter search for Mackenzie Cowell of Orondo over an area surrounding Pitcher Canyon. The air search followed unsuccessful search efforts Tuesday night by deputies on foot with a sheriff’s department tracking dog.

Nothing in that one about prints ending at the pavement though. Still searching.

You might want to go to page 13, post 310 and open link for that case info.

I had seen that before. Disturbing doesn't begin to describe it. I also remember when it happened. I'm familiar with Tonasket, and remember when the little girl was missing. Horrifying to the furthest extreme.

You're right Liz, I can't find at the WW site either. I didn't remember that correctly. I have read so much on this case from so many news sources. I apologize

looks like all the pictures were pulled, i may be wrong, but i was on when they were posted and i dont see them now

I asked a question regarding one of the pics on post #352 and the the post numbers have changed. the pics are no longer there.

I was referring to the long list on the Washington courts website. I was told that whenever it says Superior, that means a felony was involved. That could be totally wrong. Maybe there is someone else who knows how to identify what cases are better than me??

Are you pretty cloe to him hopeful? It's ok if you are, I'm just asking because that might tend to make you a little more biased.

Yes and no...closer to people who are close to him. I really didn't mean to sound so rude and defensive, when I looked back at the post I realized that I didn't exactly come off as being very nice. Sorry about that. It was my understanding that some of the defendent cases were for financial reasons as well as as divorces/filings. I'm not sure about the meaning of them being at Superior court having more or less relevance. Again, sorry for being rude. I'm not trying to be biased, but definitely trying to lean in the direction away from him as the main suspect...obviously because I would like to hope that he wasn't involved.

Hopeful, I don't think any of your posts ever came off as being rude. Not at all!

Yes and no...closer to people who are close to him. I really didn't mean to sound so rude and defensive, when I looked back at the post I realized that I didn't exactly come off as being very nice. Sorry about that. It was my understanding that some of the defendent cases were for financial reasons as well as as divorces/filings. I'm not sure about the meaning of them being at Superior court having more or less relevance. Again, sorry for being rude. I'm not trying to be biased, but definitely trying to lean in the direction away from him as the main suspect...obviously because I would like to hope that he wasn't involved.

That's ok! If only the posters on WW were as polite as we are here! It seems like they're constantly arguing and attacking one another but I love that people can agree to disagree on some things and still be respectful to one another.

When they were posted I had a feeling they would be pulled

Unless del rio pulled them, I totally don't get it. They were his/her personal pics and didn't implicate anyone in particular. :confused:

This comment by the police spokesperson pretty much convinces me that it was not Mackenzie that left her car up there in Pitcher's Canyon.

“Somebody got the car there and parked it without anybody knowing about it,” Moore said.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/?online

Ah ha. So probably NOT her prints. I'd like to know more info on the house that WC was a listing agent for (Pitcher Canyon) if anyone has info on that...Because I'm still not convinced that it was not possibly WC or WC's bf or both who didn't drive up there at the same time. Maybe the prints belong to the BF? Maybe MC drove/rode with WC and the BF drove MC's car? If the house was not vacant and they would have no reason to go there in the first place, I'll be more convinced...

i don't know if anyone has posted this yet but if you go to http://www.golakechelan.com/
and click on the "latest area law/fire/ems logs, ALL the logs from 2/9 thru now are there. I believe that they had previously been held back.
if you look at 2/9 at 20:02 there is the original 911 call about MAC's car.

Upon further inspection, there are a number of missing days...HUH.

Del Rio.......I have a question on the brodie marks that you said had been there since the fall. Any speculation on why the neighbors hadn't noticed them before they did? If they weren't fresh tracks, seems like somebody would have figured that out in all of the media reports that mentioned them. It's just that, they have been talked and talked about and all of a sudden you say they have been there since the fall.........and that takes care of that! It's nagging me, though......

on second look at that website, it appears that there are a number of missing days but 2/9 is there.

Igottaknow, the call on 2/9 is a call from a man named Hurd who found the abandoned car in PC. her body wasn't found until 2/13.

pmrichie, that's correct. Last time I looked, the calls from the 13th of Feb (the day mac was found) weren't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker