WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope wasn't at the funeral, just lookin at the pictures from the paper. And either way whether it was her real dad or her grandfather that drove her around it wasn't the mother that was going out of her way to do things for the daughter. A mother is always a mother. Therefore she is always with her kids.

Whoa. Wait.

A mother can be a mother and have a career, just like a father can be a father and have a career.

As long as Mackenzie was cared for by PEOPLE WHO LOVED HER, what difference does it make if the caretaker was male or female?

I have brought this up before and no one commented on it really. Could this route be possible instead of methow or squilchuck. We really dont know if LE have looked up there I have not heard it mentioned by anyone who may live on or abouts Western.
maybe del rio could answer this

From: [1000-2599] Pitcher Canyon Rd, Wenatchee, WA 98801 US
To: [1-10] N Western Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 US

DRIVING DIRECTIONS
--------------------------------------------------
A) [1000-2599] Pitcher Canyon Rd, Wenatchee, WA 98801 US
1. Start out going WEST on PITCHER CANYON RD. (go 1.3 miles)
2. PITCHER CANYON RD becomes unnamed road. (go 0.8 miles)
3. Turn RIGHT. (go 2.1 miles)
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto STISS CANYON RD. (go 1.0 miles)
5. Turn RIGHT onto NUMBER 2 CANYON RD. (go 3.2 miles)
6. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto S WESTERN AVE. (go 0.7 miles)
7. [1-10] N WESTERN AVE. (go 0.0 miles)
>> ESTIMATED TIME: 24 minutes | DISTANCE: 9.21 miles
B) [1-10] N Western Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801 US
>> TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 24 minutes | DISTANCE: 9.21 miles

To view your map, click on the link below or copy and paste it to your browser:
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-IB_p7PZr

Actually, one of our regular posters did post this map maybe 3 or 4 days ago? Not sure if there is snow up there? I think normally it would be too deep for even a 4 wheel......normally. Who wants to try drive it?

I guess I'm feeling a bit discouraged after reading what Tuba posted about the chart she did on Mackenzie.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/...Cases/MackenzieCowellDiscoveredonRiverban.jpg

I'm clueless when it comes to reading charts, but I think I understand what Tuba wrote after doing/reading Mackenzie's chart. "Justice, however, will be long in coming." :(

IMO I think that when the person is finally arrested there will be a trial that takes quite some time and if given the death penalty there will be many many appeals - could take years for justice.

I have brought this up before and no one commented on it really. Could this route be possible instead of methow or squilchuck. We really dont know if LE have looked up there I have not heard it mentioned by anyone who may live on or abouts Western.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

I have firsthand knowledge of this route and area, and while I think it is possible a perp could have taken this way out, it would have been difficult. It's quite a hike and the conditions would not have been all that good. Not so much snow, as it was a light snow year, but a lot of mud. I hiked up Saddlerock around this time and encountered a good deal of mud.

Plus, as I have stated in prior posts, LE seems uninterested in this route, at least from Western up Number Two Canyon to Stiss. They have not been up this area, to my knowledge, and I would know...

The other option I wonder about is what if the perp(s) hiked back down to Squilchuck and had someone pick them up coming down the road from up higher, or across from Malaga?

I'm sure del rio and the other person who drove by as the LE found the body can confirm that it really does NOT appear that they wanted her body found. You have to go to this property before you can make a statement like this because it is like a jungle there. I will link these pictures again: http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22603743/detail.html

Pictures 2 and 3 are misleading because the body was found about 500 feet from here. Look at picture 5, behind the police in the thick brush is where her body was discovered. This beach is NOT an area frequented by people and I highly suspect the killer was very shocked her body was discovered so quickly.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'd love to see what it would have looked like from the water. If her feet were in the water, I wonder if she could have been seen more easily by a boater.

Do people fish in this area of the river? During this time of year? Or is that area of the river pretty much abandoned during the winter?

I have been reading both the WW and the WS sites and as a mother I have not been able to get Mackenzie's murder out of my head. Something like this is just not supposed to happen your child and my heart goes out to her family.

With that said, I'd like to offer some thoughts that may or may not have been considered. First, is it possible that Mackenzie was pregnant? A woman's chance of being murdered by a boyfriend, lover or husband is highest when she is pregnant.

Second, the CB location and the background of her Senior pictures look very similar. Is it possible her Senior pictures were taken at CB?

Third, LE place MCs cell phone at the boat launch, not necessarily MC. If it were not her texting from that site, the text "hey" and its response take on a totally different meaning.

Finally, and maybe it is because I believe that there are at least two people involved and at least one of them is female, and someone she knew, I couldn't help noticing differences in behavior, emotion and other things in pictures taken of her peers from various WW articles. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious, but if you look carefully at some of these pictures there are individuals that stand out.

I agree.

I think that the body and the car were placed where they would be found for a reason. Would love to hear what the FBI profilers had to say about this.

I'm not convinced the car and body were "placed" for the reason of being found. Sounds like they attempted to put some brush over her. I'm leaning towards amateurs and feverish activity. I do agree that having more info from the investigators is Much desired! Here's to hoping they DO actually know the course of events that took place.

It is coming , just not quick enough...

Here are two links to WW on VDD. Notice the difference in age...Weird

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/05/news-of-record/
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2009/oct/26/news-of-record/

I think the first link sort of infers that he was in jail at the time of her disappearance.

VDD was in jail at the time of MC's disappearance. It was confirmed by a reporter, and published, on the WW website.

ETA: In the comment section, where the discussion was on going, those comments were consequently deleted.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'd love to see what it would have looked like from the water. If her feet were in the water, I wonder if she could have been seen more easily by a boater.

Do people fish in this area of the river? During this time of year? Or is that area of the river pretty much abandoned during the winter?

I don't think people could see it from the water, or at least I don't think they would take a second look. I think what the people walking on the beach saw was a glimpse of clothing and they walked into the brush a little deeper to see her.

If you look at that picture- number 5 from that link and imagine what a stream would look like running through those rocks. It was about 2 feet wide and right where the cops are standing so you can't see it. I walked through it and it got my tennis shoes a little wet but barely. It comes from deep within the brush and is like 500 feet long I think. Her feet were technically in the water but she was still hidden in the brush, do you see what I'm saying kind of? I know its hard to imagine just from the pictures so I'm doing my best to be as descriptive as possible...

Yes, there are A LOT of fishers and hunters this time of the year. Not in the summer that I've noticed but the majority of the boats I've seen in the winter were fishing boats. Its not totally abandoned- at least 2-5 boats go in and out this time of year.

I hope that helps a little. :p

Nope wasn't at the funeral, just lookin at the pictures from the paper. And either way whether it was her real dad or her grandfather that drove her around it wasn't the mother that was going out of her way to do things for the daughter. A mother is always a mother. Therefore she is always with her kids.

With all due respect, there are some parenting tasks that I leave to my ex-husband, such as taking my son to the dentist, since my son sees the same dentist as my ex.

WC and RC, much like my ex and I, had shared custody. Sometimes, my ex is responsible for certain things that fit better with his schedule than mine. Transportation to and from certain activities is one of those things.

I don't think that means I love my son any less, or that I don't go out of my way to do OTHER things for him.:steamed::steamed:

I don't think people could see it from the water, or at least I don't think they would take a second look. I think what the people walking on the beach saw was a glimpse of clothing and they walked into the brush a little deeper to see her.

If you look at that picture- number 5 from that link and imagine what a stream would look like running through those rocks. It was about 2 feet wide and right where the cops are standing so you can't see it. I walked through it and it got my tennis shoes a little wet but barely. It comes from deep within the brush and is like 500 feet long I think. Her feet were technically in the water but she was still hidden in the brush, do you see what I'm saying kind of? I know its hard to imagine just from the pictures so I'm doing my best to be as descriptive as possible...

Yes, there are A LOT of fishers and hunters this time of the year. Not in the summer that I've noticed but the majority of the boats I've seen in the winter were fishing boats. Its not totally abandoned- at least 2-5 boats go in and out this time of year.

I hope that helps a little. :p

Thank you! Very very informative post.

I can visualize what you're saying much better now.

I might be taking your statement the wrong way. If so, I apologize now.

I have my own theories of what may have caused this.

I definitely have POI(s).

I am guilty of making assumptions about people I don't know based on things that have surfaced after this tragic event.

My personal feelings and opinions set aside, it is obvious that WC was a career woman. Just because a mother works 40+ hrs a week and can't leave work to pick her kids up doesn't make her less of a mother or capable of the unthinkable.

Again, I am not saying I rule her out because I personally won't rule anyone close to her out at this point, but I don't think deciding she is awful because she didn't spend enough time with her kids is fair.

Here is my point: If someone went over my life with a fine tooth comb and pulled up all of my personal information, all of my court records and "recalled" every time I didn't act like Ms. Suzy Sunshine it would be pretty easy to paint a picture that made me look like a monster. I am willing to make a very large bet that the same could be done with nearly everyone on here. Fortunately, we haven't lot our daughter/sister/granddaughter so nobody is doing this to any of us. Unfortunately, the Cowell's did and now that is what is being done to at least one of them.

I drove up that road the other day and when we were at a very remote area getting ready to turn around, 2 cars drove by us and looked at us like "who the heck are you and what are you doing here??" My point to that was it seemed to me like just a few people were at the very top and they know the cars that frequent the area.

Same thing happened to me today at the boat launch. We visited the boat launch today. It was a very weird atmosphere! Towards the entrance it looked like a LE guy in a white van with tinted windows was watching who came and left. After parking I noticed a guy in a truck parked by the restrooms. I went to the restrooms and he was watching me the whole time. Kind of made me uncomfortable. After that I sat in the car while my daughter took some pics for her photo class. She walked down to the boat launch. Then the guy in the truck drove a circle around my car and looked at me like what the hell was I doing there. We were glad to leave.

There was just a very strange feeling to Wenatchee today. Everyone seems suspicious of everyone and the valley seems to have the feeling that everyone is looking over their shoulder.

I'm not convinced the car and body were "placed" for the reason of being found. Sounds like they attempted to put some brush over her. I'm leaning towards amateurs and feverish activity. I do agree that having more info from the investigators is Much desired! Here's to hoping they DO actually know the course of events that took place.

It is coming , just not quick enough...[/QUOTE

I agree with you on some parts. I have a theory I have yet to post, still working on it, lets just say I think it may have started out as an accident and someone paniced. JMO anyway, Im off to sleep and also hope and pray that someone will be in custody soon so that the family can have some closeure and move forward.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Not possible, there are now gates blocking any sort of access both at the top of #2 Canyon, and Stiss. Not sure if they are seasonal or year round but I know they are up right now and were when Mac disappeared.

With all due respect, there are some parenting tasks that I leave to my ex-husband, such as taking my son to the dentist, since my son sees the same dentist as my ex.

WC and RC, much like my ex and I, had shared custody. Sometimes, my ex is responsible for certain things that fit better with his schedule than mine. Transportation to and from certain activities is one of those things.

I don't think that means I love my son any less, or that I don't go out of my way to do OTHER things for him.:steamed::steamed:

The only thing I question, if it is true. Why would MC's father have to pay the WC's father (MC's grandfather) to help with MC's transportation?

You mean the call from that Chelan place is a business?? And the license to it is Custom Homes By Cowell?? Alright if that is the case... I have goosebumps. Too much for coincidence!!

Since I am a few pages behind on reading maybe this has already been answered so excuse me if it is duplicate info.

The address of that call was 707 Okanogan St. Chelan. It is the address of MC's grandparents. All of this was discussed in either thread 1 or 2. IIRC It had nothing to do with the case.

Also, there has been some more talk of the girl on the railroad tracks in Cashmere. It state it was someone upset about a suicide the previous weekend. Again - not relevant to the case.

Just trying to get caught up so again excuse me if i duplicated anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22