WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
High up in what? The family, local govenment?

Either, or...

It could have been the child of someone in power.

Unless things have changed dramatically in two years, the same good old boys run the town as they always have...

Names and blood ties run deep as the Columbia in that town.

I'm surprised nobody else has thought of this, especially with the rumor of such an early cremation.

The whole scenario just seems wrong, wrong, wrong.:banghead:

It could very well have been someone else, but I know it is VERY common for teenagers to just text each other "hey" randomly with no more communication. My own teenager has complained about this many times. If it was someone else that sent the text it could well have been another young person that's familiar with this common practice.

Yes it is true that teenagers text each other in those words. And yes someone privy with this type of phone.
With limited information we are given makes this difficult. I know all of us are just wanting to help in anyway possible for this is terrible what has happened in our community.As someone growing up here this has always been a great place to live and raise a family.What is bothersome is that no one was alerted that anything was going on until the vehicle was reported up PC parked.
Was the BF trying to contact MC and got no more response ?
Nothing has been stated that he was unable to contact MC or if he had even been trying?
If the BF was trying to reach MC and got no response and she was to be home for dinner - I would think that the BF would call MC's home.
Yet the parents knew nothing til the report of the vehicle came in.
Just my thoughts on this and with lack of some facts makes it more difficult to help solve this horrific crime. And I do feel that there are still facts that have not been released ?

Either, or...

It could have been the child of someone in power.

Unless things have changed dramatically in two years, the same good old boys run the town as they always have...

Names and blood ties run deep as the Columbia in that town.

I'm surprised nobody else has thought of this, especially with the rumor of such an early cremation.

The whole scenario just seems wrong, wrong, wrong.:banghead:

I don't think it was at all an early cremation. The autopsy was done, all samples, photos, possible DNA evidence was obtained and they were all done with the body. I would probably TOTALLY do the same thing if my child (god forbid) was mutilated. I would not want her body to be laying there all messed up. I would want her to be at peace, and perhaps in some people's eyes, removing all evidence (not evidence as in "evidence" but just the visual part) of her being hurt in such a horrible way. Maybe being quickly cremated is a way to help MC to be at peace. And perhaps it helps the family with some "closure".... being able to have a funeral with her remains there, etc........ just my thought

I don't think it was at all an early cremation. The autopsy was done, all samples, photos, possible DNA evidence was obtained and they were all done with the body. I would probably TOTALLY do the same thing if my child (god forbid) was mutilated. I would not want her body to be laying there all messed up. I would want her to be at peace, and perhaps in some people's eyes, removing all evidence (not evidence as in "evidence" but just the visual part) of her being hurt in such a horrible way. Maybe being quickly cremated is a way to help MC to be at peace. And perhaps it helps the family with some "closure".... being able to have a funeral with her remains there, etc........ just my thought

It's a hard thing to think about but you know they store remains for years in pending murder investigations. You never know when the defense will decide that the tests you did were not thorough enough or were contaminated and you will have to re-run them. I agree with a funeral, even a burial... but cremation seems very rushed and strange in this case... especially when the actual results were not even back from the lab yet and there is no POI named, or real hope to solve this hideous crime.

Yes it is true that teenagers text each other in those words. And yes someone privy with this type of phone.
With limited information we are given makes this difficult. I know all of us are just wanting to help in anyway possible for this is terrible what has happened in our community.As someone growing up here this has always been a great place to live and raise a family.What is bothersome is that no one was alerted that anything was going on until the vehicle was reported up PC parked.
Nothing has been stated that he was unable to contact MC or if he had even been trying?
If the BF was trying to reach MC and got no response and she was to be home for dinner - I would think that the BF would call MC's home.
Just my thoughts on this and with lack of some facts makes it more difficult to help solve this horrific crime. And I do feel that there are still facts that have not been released ?

Leads one to wonder if friends/family had prior experience with her dropping off the face of the earth for a few hours? Maybe explained by her working out at Gold's Gym or something else???

I will agree with that..... in the sense that there were many people that could have realized something was amiss.
1) the school, who according to previous posts, is "responsible" for the student until 5pm. If she said she would be right back, why did they not follow up on that. I mean, no one thinks that someone one is not returning because they were murdered, but what about a car accident or something... they should have contacted her parents.
2) the BF. If he had been trying to get a hold of her (unsure if that is truth), then if he couldn't, wouldn't he have called the school at the very least (maybe not parents to not "rat her out for possibly skipping or whatever). And if he found out the school didn't know where she was, then call parents?
3) She wasn't home in time for dinner... supposedly this wasn't her usual. So, did they try to contact her? Then maybe call the BF who would then possibly say he hadn't been able to reach her since 340pm?

I doubt any of these things would have prevented this tragedy, but it is strange that the "search" wasn't out before the car call came in... or maybe it was and this was something the police haven't let out.

Also, I think there was many lucky breaks in this case.... the car being found so soon and reported, the body being found when there was every reason for it NOT to be found since the location was so hidden. I have gone to CB at least 3 times a year, every year since I was 4 years old. (Now 32). I have passed that property many many times, I have walked along the beach many many times... never have I ever made it TO that part of the beach, and my assumption would have always been that it was private property and wouldn't have ventured there. For whomever found her body to have come across it is amazing to me.

It amazes me how we all keep going round and round......gang, not a gang, JF, not JF, WC involved or not.

So this kind of makes me run back to my original theory.

Maybe she followed her new friend up PC to go for a motorcycle ride. They get up there, she parks, she walks from her car to the pavement where the bike is (one set of tracks). They planned to go on the dirt road but it was too muddy or gated so they decided to go back down for a road ride. He takes her to the missing crime scene. She witness something she wasn't supposed to or fights off some unwanted advances. Now they can't let her go. She is mouthy and says she will tell so he hits her etc. He goes out scouting on his bike for a place to dump the body, he doesn't want to wander around with a body, he checks out the CB location to see if the duck blind is still there, leaves tracks there in lower lot. Goes back for car/truck or boat and returns with body. Just a theory. I never did hear that anyone was reported to be walking out of PC and the time line seems so short for them to already be dumping that car, that's what leaves me to think she parked the car there herself. If it was premeditated I'm sure there are a lot better places to dump a car where it would not be reported so soon. Even if they left it in a parking lot in town, no one would have noticed it and reported it that fast.

I find holes in this even myself, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I agree with this for the most part, except I keep thinking, what if they wanted the COD to remain secret, just in case the killer somehow "slipped up" during an interrogation or lie detector test or during a conversation with someone, and accidently let LE know that he/she knew how MC died? Since LE and the killer were the only people who knew how she died, they would be able to identify the killer.....just a though.

It was a public document. WW obtained the document just as you & I could, through a public records request.

IMO LE looked really silly with the statement that they wished WW had not published it.

It was a public document. WW obtained the document just as you & I could, through a public records request.

IMO LE looked really silly with the statement that they wished WW had not published it.

Right! That might fly early on but we're a month into this now. People are bound to know and begin to talk.

It is a standard reply anytime any media "ask permission" to release public records. They should have never asked LE permission to do anything. If LE doesn't want the information out there it is THEIR responsibility to keep it from getting out. (They haven't done a very good job if even a tenth of the rumors are true).

We heard rumors of the lie detector tests being given - we now know multiply were, (to who we still don't "know" know - but part of the rumor has proven to be correct).

How many others are gonna turn out to be true? It is LE job to keep the case wrapped up and they are failing! Media should not be blamed for their failures. And LE's statement that they asked WW not to release this information is not part of their damn job. It's like the detectives have nothing better to do than start a pissing match against media. With the budget as tight as it is, they wasted precious resources to denounce the Wenatchee World - in the middle of a murder investigation -- with our tax dollars paying them to do it too.

It's almost like they are setting up a scapegoat for when THEY fail to get the evidence they need.

How about it detectives? IS THE BUOY STILL IN THE WATER OFF THE CRESCENT BAR PROPERTY? One that was not there while del rio was hunting only weeks before the murder??? LE, YOU FAIL!

I haven't been following this case as close as I normally follow cases, but is it possible that MC was pregnant? Maybe she went to meet the person who she suspected got her that way and told him. He freaked out for fear of certain people finding out and being angry. Maybe it was consensual or maybe it wasn't and that is why he didn't want anyone to find out. It could be possible that she just told him she thought she could be pregnant, but wasn't sure. Just the possibility of that could have made him snap. Snipped

I have also thought this. It was discussed a while back. If you look at her senior pictures it looks like it.

I have also heard RUMORS from a couple girls that MC was kind of "mouthy"...maybe she just set the wrong person off. Maybe that person wasn't in an official "gang" per se, but a group of people who take themselves way too seriously and could be considered "wanna-be" gangsters (whether they are male or female)...I find that wanna-be's are actually way more reactive and violent right off the bat than actual gang members, because it's all about the image to them and they want to appear as hardcore as they think real gang members are. Maybe this group of people had planned this for a few weeks or something and finally one day just did it out of rage. People are good at building up anger and hostility in eachother if that's all they focus on.
I'm not too sure about the gang theory but if I entertain the idea this is what comes to mind.
THIS IS ALL SPECULATION

I pulled this statement:
Maybe that person wasn't in an official "gang" per se, but a group of people who take themselves way too seriously

...and immediately thought of someone in Law Enforcement. They would certainly know how to cover their tracks and clean up the evidence.

Am I correct? This was just the death certificate which stated COD and listed blunt force trama, stabbing, and strangulation. It was stated earlier by LE that she was not raped. There has been alot of discussion concerning pregnancy, has that been ruled out? Or is that still an unknown that requires the release of the autopsy report?

I'm just getting caught up and saw this post, so I hope I'm not answering it for the 50th time. It just dawned on me though - death certificates have a place for pregnancy - there's a box for yes and a box for no. If the WW was able to get a copy of MC's death certificate, it would have shown if she was pregnant or not. Since they printed the COD against LE wishes, my guess is that they would have stated that she was pregnant too, IF that was the case.

Maybe that is one thing they did hold back as requested by LE. If she was that would be very valuable information in questioning.

We know Mr. H called LE around 8p to report the car & that RC/WC/M's bf were at PC sometime before 10p..Prior to that we know when LE called RC re: his car he reported to them that M was "out past her curfew"..So what time was curfew for this 17 yr old Senior in HS?

It doesn't take but a few mins for LE to ID the owner of a car & I can't see it being more then an hour at most for LE to respond to the call so that puts the curfew sometime around 9ish? That seems rather early to me so I'm wondering if maybe M did anything (recently) to cause her dad to want her home at such an early time for someone her age.

IIRC, this "curfew" issue was a direct quote from RC..At some point we did hear about her missing "7p dinner" (not sure of the source) but regardless this is strictly re: her "curfew" only.

We know Mr. H called LE around 8p to report the car & that RC/WC/M's bf were at PC sometime before 10p..Prior to that we know when LE called RC re: his car he reported to them that M was "out past her curfew"..So what time was curfew for this 17 yr old Senior in HS?

It doesn't take but a few mins for LE to ID the owner of a car & I can't see it being more then an hour at most for LE to respond to the call so that puts the curfew sometime around 9ish? That seems rather early to me so I'm wondering if maybe M did anything (recently) to cause her dad to want her home at such an early time for someone her age.

IIRC, this "curfew" issue was a direct quote from RC..At some point we did hear about her missing "7p dinner" (not sure of the source) but regardless this is strictly re: her "curfew" only.

IIRC i read somewhere her curfew was 8:00. I too thought it was pretty early considering she had to drive from Wenatchee to Orondo.

How about it detectives? IS THE BUOY STILL IN THE WATER OFF THE CRESCENT BAR PROPERTY? One that was not there while del rio was hunting only weeks before the murder??? LE, YOU FAIL!

They also left spent shell casings..Rio said probably cos they were old BUT! if they could maybe lift prints off them it could maybe tell them WHO had been hanging out in that exact spot at any time prior to the murder..Ya think that would be of some importance? :waitasec:

Even if the above was not possible it's still EVIDENCE that was just left behind at a crime (tho maybe not murder) scene by LE!

eta..Did Rio say they also left behind his items in the duckblind? I can't recall.

They also left spent shell casings..Rio said probably cos they were old BUT! if they could maybe lift prints off them it could maybe tell them WHO had been hanging out in that exact spot at any time prior to the murder..Ya think that would be of some importance? :waitasec:

Even if the above was not possible it's still EVIDENCE that was just left behind at a crime (tho maybe not murder) scene by LE!

eta..Did Rio say they also left behind his items in the duckblind? I can't recall.

IIRC his items were gone. He also stated they were his shell casings.

Hmm. There are two rumors I heard early on.

Rumor #1 -from a friend of LE, concerned with the safety of his own daughter, was told, "Don't worry unless she is hanging out with gang members."
Rumor #2 - MC, although she had a boyfriend, DID see another boy, who had a girlfriend at the time. She was livid. Question: Is SHE in a gang? Is HE in a gang?

Although totally speculation, the idea of jealousy being a motive for this crime explains the calculation - preplanned meeting at boat dock? Someone she knows? Maybe wants to "talk"?

I am wondering if from the boat dock she got into another car to "discuss" the situation, and was taken to "the crime scene". OR, the "other boy" asks MC to meet, he gets in car, they drive to private location to talk.

Maybe this "other boy" is trying to redeem himself in the eyes of his girlfriend-thus, the accomplice. They tie up MC and hold her for a while. Maybe at the spec house? Private. Possibly where a hook up with the "other boy" occured. This would explain spec house visitor's shock and upset. It could be the crime scene. They could've pulled right into the garage with key code, and never been noticed.

Meanwhile, one drives her car up to PC, and the second drives a pick up car.
MC is held hostage at the crime scene location until they get back.
Then they have from the evening of the 9th, until the late hours of the 12th to account for. I think her body was placed on the 12th, because of the neighbor noticing odd activity on Saturday the 13th, with the "fresh brodies". How long did they hold MC? Remember the other rumors about removal of her braces? I also heard removal of fingernails. This person/people were ANGRY! They were getting even for something! There is one more element to the rumor of the love triangle that explains more rage on both the "other boy" and girlfriend, but out of respect for MC, I will not repeat it.

:cow::cow::cow:

I sort of hate to mention the dream.........but this scenario definitely fits with the angry, unknown woman and the man doing the evil deed to please the other woman. In the dream, there were hired men that did the destruction. What is harder to decipher is whether the known man killed her or the hired men. I know it's just a dream.........but, as I said, my friend has no connection and this is the 2nd time this has happened to her. It's just speculation, of course. But, eerie how it fits some theories.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member