WA WA - Marilyn Kay Pratt, 30, Spokane, October 8, 1971

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also carrying this forward: Pratt had five young children. We know she had a 10 year-old daughter as well as the 11 year- old son and the 6 year-old son. I wonder how old the other 2 children were? Did I overlook? Edited: Ok I was able to view. Lori was the youngest at 4 years old.

In fact, one of them adds that for years Ernie slept on the couch in case Marilyn returned in the middle of the night so he could let her in. Maybe he felt guilty that the last interaction he had with his wife was a bitter and heated argument.

I get the vibe that Ernie was really upset by her disappearance, although it happened before. He married again in 1979, my guess is this was the reason for declaring her death. But sleeping on the couch in case she would come back to let her in, seems a bit exaggerated. Not saying he didn't sleep on the couch, but didn't she have keys to her own house?

Perhaps she had a drug problem? It sounds possible to me. Describing her as having a possible drinking problem would have been more socially acceptable, but drugs would have been something she would have left her 5 kids and her "perfect" life for. Just a thought.

Also carrying this forward: Pratt had five young children. We know she had a 10 year-old daughter as well as the 11 year- old son and the 6 year-old son. I wonder how old the other 2 children were? Did I overlook? Edited: Ok I was able to view. Lori was the youngest at 4 years old.
Obituary Obituaries

Ernest Pratt Spokane

Memorial service for Ernest M. Pratt, 65, will be at 12:30 p.m. today at Ball and Dodd Funeral Home-North.

Born in Missouri, Mr. Pratt died Wednesday.

He moved to Missoula when he was young and graduated from high school there.

In 1962 he moved to Spokane and worked in the service department at Valley Volkswagen.

For the past 10 years, he and his wife wintered in Sierra Vista, Ariz.

He served in the Army during the Korean War.

He is survived by his wife of 16 years, Marjorie Pratt; three sons, Marvin, Lance and Chris Pratt, and two daughters, Dawn Burton and Lori Pratt, all of Spokane; one sister, Esther Torrence of Mead; and eight grandchildren.

Are there any photos available of her that show her face without sunglasses? I'm having issues with Ancestry, but will try and look elsewhere. Feels as though she could be anyone from the images in this thread.

Perhaps she had a drug problem? It sounds possible to me. Describing her as having a possible drinking problem would have been more socially acceptable, but drugs would have been something she would have left her 5 kids and her "perfect" life for. Just a thought.
There is something out there that her 10 year old daughter said she might have had or had a drinking problem. You wonder where a 10 year get that from...maybe it came to her later...remembering things.

I found it again. It's in the Charley P. file Marilyn Kay Pratt – The Charley Project

Although her husband described her as "mentally erratic" and her ten-year-old daughter said she thought she had a drinking problem, she was devoted to her children.

Last edited:
Are there any photos available of her that show her face without sunglasses? I'm having issues with Ancestry, but will try and look elsewhere. Feels as though she could be anyone from the images in this thread.
Yes, I wondered about that too. The children seem to have a box with photo's, but I didn't see them published somewhere. Maybe there are not actively searching.

Can somebody dig this clipping up?

There was a huge article in The Spokesman-Review on May 10th, 1983. It raised the question of who the real Marilyn Pratt was. She is depicted as a borderline alcoholic in that article, someone that may have cheated on her spouse. The article left open the question of whether she was alive or dead.

Can somebody dig this clipping up?

There was a huge article in The Spokesman-Review on May 10th, 1983. It raised the question of who the real Marilyn Pratt was. She is depicted as a borderline alcoholic in that article, someone that may have cheated on her spouse. The article left open the question of whether she was alive or dead.

Pg 15/16
pratt 1-compressed.PNG
1674528630401.png

Didn't know someone else had dug up this series of articles. I was more interested in Michael Brixen, who was profiled on the articles the day prior to Marilyn. He isn't in NamUs, despite possibly being still missing. Couldn't find anything else though, other than a yearbook photo after he disappeared. It's him, but these articles suggest he is still missing after that photo was taken. Just figured out a thread was started on him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara