Found Deceased WA - Marty Lang, 50, Pend Oreille County, 14 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities investigating discovery of human remains in Metaline wooded area

Because of a high profile missing person's case in the area, some viewers asked if the remains could be that of 50-year-old Marty Lang. KHQ spoke with family members who have been in touch with investigators since the discovery. A positive ID could be weeks away.

Lang vanished in July of 2017. His lunchbox and thrums were found neatly placed just outside his vehicle. Loved ones have long suspected something happened to him immediately after her returned home from work.

Whether or not the remains turn out to be tied to Lang, his family is hopeful anyone out there with information will come forward.

Prayers for Marty and his family and friends and his pups hope you get the answers you seek and have some comfort and peace

Deputies continue to investigate after human remains were found by forestry workers earlier this month near Metaline. The remains were sent to the King County Medical Examiner's Office for DNA and dental records analysis in order to attempt to identify the remains.

Pend Oreille County Deputies responded to the area near milepost 6 on Boundary Rd. on Tuesday, Nov. 12, and confirmed there was skeletal human remains along with personal property.

A positive identification of the remains could come as early as the end of this week, or next. KHQ has learned deputies have collected a DNA sample from the son of a Newport man named Marty Lang who has been missing since July of 2017. The sample will be sent to the King County Medical Examiner's Office for comparison.

Son of missing Newport man provides DNA sample for comparison of found human remains

Still keeping Marty and his family and furkids I. My prayers. I surely hope you are able to get the answers that you seek. Where are you Marty ?

Found deceased....

PEND OREILLE COUNTY, Wash. - The human remains found near Metaline Falls back in November have been positively identified as those of missing Newport man, Marty Lang.

Pend Oreille County Deputies responded to the area near milepost 6 on Boundary Road back in November and confirmed there were skeletal human remains along with personal property.

Deputies collected a DNA sample from Thomas to compare to the remains. They were sent off to the King County Medical Examiner's Office. Deputies are still working to determine how Lang died, but Thomas believes he at least knows the manner.

"My dad was murdered," Thomas said. "I believe that more than ever."

Q6 COLD CASE: Human remains found in Metaline Falls are those of Marty Lang

Godspeed Marty, at least he can go home and be laid to rest. Prayers for family and friends, hopefully there's some evidence with his remains that will help LE figure out how Marty was dissapeared . Hope this helps Thomas find some peace. MOO

Between Marty's home and last location, and where his remains were found... is an hour and a half away by car. And at least 24 hours by foot. Clearly he was abducted. He would not have left his lunchbox and cooler outside his home if he went willingly. He may have been part of the so-called 3%, but I think more likely it was something personal. I noted that he and his girlfriend were estranged. Could an ex-boyfriend, ex-husband of hers be responsible? Taking it upon themselves to right a perceived wrong? Or it could've been a lovesick acquaintance of hers that was just weird and out there enough to think that Marty needed to be "taken care of".

Someone closed the gate to Marty's property before they left with him. That or they parked their vehicle outside the gate. Many people out here in Eastern Washington and Western Idaho who live in remote, forested properties have swinging gates with locks. I wonder if Marty's gate was normally locked. Some people "fake lock" their gates until evening so they can have visitors until they lock up for the night. Sometimes they leave their gates open until they retire. I wonder if that was the case with Marty. I wonder if he let them in, or this person was waiting for him.

Marty comes home and there's a vehicle there. He gets out of his vehicle, takes his things out, preparing to go inside, exchanges words with this person, and this other person pulls a weapon on him and forces him into their vehicle. I don't know, the whole thing seems odd. I'm guessing this person was known to Marty, otherwise I doubt Marty would've taken the time to take his lunch things out of his vehicle. To me that shows a level of comfort that I wouldn't feel if I came home to a rural property and there was a strange vehicle in my driveway or outside my gate. I'd stay in my car and try to determine who it was first before getting out. If I felt the need, I'd drive off and call 911. But then Marty was a big guy, and he probably thought he could take care of himself, regardless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back