Found Deceased WA - Mohamed "Moe" Ibrahim, 20, Hiking in Little Si area near North Bend, last phone ping near Snoqualmie Vly Trail I-90 milepost 32 area, 15 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1692863795220.png

1692863959765.png

August 23

NORTH BEND, Wash. — Authorities are asking for the public's help locating a missing man whose last known location was in the Little Si hiking area near North Bend.
Mohamed E. Ibrahim, 20, was last seen on Aug. 15 and reported missing to the Bellevue Police Department after failing to return to his home in Snoqualmie.
The Snoqualmie Police Department said Ibrahim was reportedly going to attend a club meeting at Bellevue College but instead attended virtually while hiking in the Little Si area.

Bob Antone, a family friend, said Ibrahim called his mom when his phone had 1% battery left, asking her to pick him up at Torguson Park.
The King County Sheriff's Office did not find Ibrahim after an aerial search Friday in the North Bend area. Snoqualmie Police Department Detective David Doucett said there were also two ground searches for Ibrahim.

"We have done everything we can do in terms of his phone," Doucett said. "We're in the process of going through social media for him."
Authorities said cellphone data showed Ibrahim's phone was near the Snoqualmie Valley Trail in the I-90 milepost 32 area before the battery died. However, Doucett said the area that it pinged is about 4 miles long and 3 miles wide, complicating the search.

Antone said it was unusual to not hear from Ibrahim for so long.
"It wasn't a situation of him being despondent or depressed because he was excited," Antone said. "He was about to move into an apartment near Bellevue College."

Ibrahim is described as 6-foot-1 and weighing approximately 155 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes, is clean-shaven, and has scars on his eyebrows. He was last seen possibly wearing a green hoodie, gray pants, and dark-colored shoes.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to contact the Snoqualmie Police Department at 425-888-3333. Nearby residents are also asked to check security camera footage for clues.

(On video: Family/friends are asking for volunteers with K9s and volunteer searchers.)

Oh wow. This is where I grew up and I've hiked this trail countless times. My brother is Moe's age and solo hikes Little Si regularly. AllTrails link for the hike: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/washington/little-si-trail

A few notes - it's heavily trafficked but it's an out-and-back which can confuse inexperienced hikers who may be more used to loops. Weekdays you might see 1-2 people but on the weekends it's very busy. Temps have been super mild lately but it's been very smokey. Unfortunately someone usually falls off this trail or Rattlesnake every year from getting too close to the ledges.

Someone's already put flyers/photos of Moe at the trailhead, I hope they are on each milemarker too.

Article from yesterday - it's been 11 days now and no new news.

I wonder how much of a hiker Moe is and if he's familiar with Mt Si in general. Little Si is a smaller peak attached to Mount Si and both have hiking trails. I can see someone unfamiliar with the area conflating the two, but Moe lives in Snoqualmie just down the road from North Bend. Locals go hiking all the time and would know the difference.

Before his phone died, it pinged somewhere around here, near mile marker 32 on i-90. Note that the Snoqualmie Valley Trail ends right here in town right near where his phone pinged. It's a short walk back into town through a safe and rural neighborhood, but it's on the complete opposite side of town from Little Si. He would've had to cross the town from where he was hiking.

1693053214565.png

Sad news :(

The Snoqualmie Police Department, in conjunction with the King County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, announced the tragic discovery of Mohamed Ibrahim, a man who had been missing since August 15, 2023.

Ibrahim was located deceased in the Little Si hiking area near North Bend on August 29, 2023.
According to the Snoqualmie Police, a 911 caller notified the police on Monday evening that the person had been hiking around the World Wall along the Little Si trail earlier in the afternoon.

The information they reported led officials to that area for a more in-depth search that night until it was too unsafe for officers to do so. Eleven Search and Rescue members rappelled down the World Wall area and found Ibrahim early Tuesday morning.

Currently, no foul play is suspected, although the investigation remains ongoing.

Multiple agencies were involved throughout the search for Ibrahim, employing various capabilities such as aerial and rough terrain searches.

The Snoqualmie Police Department has expressed gratitude for the collaborative efforts of several agencies, including the King County Sheriff’s Office, the Issaquah Police Department, King County Mountain Rescue, the King County Prosecutor’s Office, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations. In addition, the department acknowledged the invaluable contributions of various citizen groups who assisted in the search efforts.

The Snoqualmie Police Department has extended its deepest condolences to the Ibrahim family. Says Captain Brian Lynch, “We are heartbroken for the family.”

(Photo from Snoqualmie Police Department)...

Police have determined that Ibrahim did not attend the club meeting in person, rather, he attended virtually while hiking Little Si in the area of North Bend.

On Friday, August 18, the King County Sheriff’s Office sent a helicopter to perform a search in the area where Ibrahim went missing but could not find him.

King County Search and Rescue crews also searched on the ground near the Little Si Hiking area.

Using cellphone data, police have narrowed down a 300-meter area by Snoqualmie Valley Trail near I-90 milepost 32 as Ibrahim’s last location before his phone battery ran out.

wow, I read accounts and watch videos of folks who rock climb world wall I and II. I hope it was quick and he did not suffer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back