WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is good to see another story out for and about Nancy M.
The one year anniversary of her disappearance
is next week, March 6.

Thanks for posting that photo of Nancy RubyRed, one of my favorite of her.

NancyMoyer_OlympiaWashington_Mom-1.jpg

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/787050.html
'snipped'
TENINO - Bill Moyer said it was out of character for his wife to not be home when he showed up to drop off their children between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Sunday.

Okay, she was last seen Friday afternoon and her husband discovered her missing Sunday at 4:30 - with the TV on, and half a glass of wine on the table. Police should be able to tell something about the time she disappeared based on the wine - if you leave a glass of wine out overnight, the next day the top sometimes looks almost like an oil slick? Know what I mean? And the longer the wine is in the glass, the more "stuff" (I don't know the term) settles to the bottom of the glass.

So the state of the glass of wine when it was found should have given clues as to when she poured it (and presumably disappeared soon after). I'm sure there is a scientific way to measure the oxidation (or whatever).

Maybe this is where police came up with the Saturday March 7th disappearance date that Knox quoted?

Oct. 1986 i was a 23 year old 6'1 male living alone in a very rural setting on johnson creek road about three miles beyond the johnson creek winery. at the time the road was gravel no streetlights or neighbors within a mile.It was 7pm
when a knock came upon my door,there stood a guy about mid to late 20's who asked to use my phone due to some car trouble.I had no phone so i drove him to his friends house somewhat close by.Now its about 11pm same night, i had probably done some bong hits and was listening to some heavy metal,as was the style at the time,when a knock comes at my door,and its the same guy from
earlier that evening.He rightly stated,i'm not gonna believe this ,but that he was again having some auto problem nearby.Possibly owing to the marijuana,my paranoia radar went up,when i told him it was too strange this scenario would happen twice in one night,and he would have to look for help elsewhere.As i told him this i noted his gaze going to the wall behind me where my home security system was located,a short barrel 12 gauge pump shot gun.He left not happy.Could this scenario have played out in Nancy Moyers situation ?
Im new to this site i,ll next post my theory on a possible dreamchaser (serialkiller) operating in the area ie, crime scene linkage,(two missing females
off west highway 12),low risk victims,(two lone small females),high risk crime locale,(residential area),geographic profile,(a number of dead/missing females
within a rather small area) and finally an ex co-worker who lives on a side road off highway 507 about 5 miles south of the moyer place, who put himself
in Lakewood at 8 a.m. the snowy morning in early Dec.2005 when little Andrea jackson was abducted.He is registered with Thurston county due to a class A sex offense.I related this to a Lewis county sheriff detective in 2006,i don,t know if my information went anywhere.

:Welcome-12-june:
Oct. 1986 i was a 23 year old 6'1 male living alone in a very rural setting on johnson creek road about three miles beyond the johnson creek winery. at the time the road was gravel no streetlights or neighbors within a mile.It was 7pm
when a knock came upon my door,there stood a guy about mid to late 20's who asked to use my phone due to some car trouble.I had no phone so i drove him to his friends house somewhat close by.Now its about 11pm same night, i had probably done some bong hits and was listening to some heavy metal,as was the style at the time,when a knock comes at my door,and its the same guy from
earlier that evening.He rightly stated,i'm not gonna believe this ,but that he was again having some auto problem nearby.Possibly owing to the marijuana,my paranoia radar went up,when i told him it was too strange this scenario would happen twice in one night,and he would have to look for help elsewhere.As i told him this i noted his gaze going to the wall behind me where my home security system was located,a short barrel 12 gauge pump shot gun.He left not happy.Could this scenario have played out in Nancy Moyers situation ?
Im new to this site i,ll next post my theory on a possible dreamchaser (serialkiller) operating in the area ie, crime scene linkage,(two missing females
off west highway 12),low risk victims,(two lone small females),high risk crime locale,(residential area),geographic profile,(a number of dead/missing females
within a rather small area) and finally an ex co-worker who lives on a side road off highway 507 about 5 miles south of the moyer place, who put himself
in Lakewood at 8 a.m. the snowy morning in early Dec.2005 when little Andrea jackson was abducted.He is registered with Thurston county due to a class A sex offense.I related this to a Lewis county sheriff detective in 2006,i don,t know if my information went anywhere.

:Welcome-12-june:

Okay, she was last seen Friday afternoon and her husband discovered her missing Sunday at 4:30 - with the TV on, and half a glass of wine on the table. Police should be able to tell something about the time she disappeared based on the wine - if you leave a glass of wine out overnight, the next day the top sometimes looks almost like an oil slick? Know what I mean? And the longer the wine is in the glass, the more "stuff" (I don't know the term) settles to the bottom of the glass.

So the state of the glass of wine when it was found should have given clues as to when she poured it (and presumably disappeared soon after). I'm sure there is a scientific way to measure the oxidation (or whatever).

Maybe this is where police came up with the Saturday March 7th disappearance date that Knox quoted?

Good point lawlady 84! :)
Nancy was supposed to meet someone Saturday night but never showed up or called.

Wow, this is the first I have heard of this case -- It gives me chills as Nancy looks like a very good friend of mine!!

If there was a glass of wine poured, could it be possible she was already there with someone??

All the reports at the time, said one glass of wine and I think it was commented on that Nancy enjoyed a glass of wine after work.
A report at the time from the co worker she dropped at home Friday after work was that she planned a quiet evening.

As I remember things, her bedroom nightside light was on, the tv was on, her purse, car keys all were found inside the house. The door was open.
Her car was still in front.

She was said to have had a date for Sat., but he reportedly said that she never showed.

I think of Nancy Moyer every day.

Wonderful news Goombah!!

There was no sign of a struggle, and no reason to believe she would leave her two kids.

So where is she? Do you know how to find her?

Parella sat down with Thurston County Detective David Haller. He's been working the case since that disturbing day. "With all the information that we've developed in this case, it's been a very deep, extensive investigation. I feel that theres a 10% possibility that she's alive somewhere, and 90% that she's not."

Nancy Moyer, 37, disappeared last year on Friday, March 6th. Her husband, Bill, also talked with Parella, who says "She just vanished."

Nancy and Bill were separated at the time she went missing, but they shared time with their two daughters throughout the week. That Sunday, Bill went to drop off the kids at Nancy's home, and was surprised when they discovered she was nowhere to be found. "It was just completely unheard of for her not to be there when I dropped the kids off. So, very unusual right off the bat."

Det. Haller remembers the first time he stepped foot into Nancy's house. "The lights in the kitchen were on. The lights in the living room was on. Her purse was there. Her shoes were there. The keys to her car were hanging where she always hung them. The house itself didn't appear to be disturbed, or look like there was an altercation or struggle."

Nancy left work in Olympia Friday night, after dropping off a friend at his house. She went to a store and bought a few groceries and then went home. "A Tenino police officer saw her pull into that spot Friday night, exit the car, and she had plastic grocery bags."

That was about 6:45pm - and was the last time anyone saw her. But, in a very strange twist, Det. Haller says a neighbor claims to have heard her voice later that night. "He stated that he heard a female voice say 'hurry up and get in the car',and he heard car doors slam."

Nancy's car was left in her driveway untouched. Detectives say nothing inside was out of the ordinary, but her husband does says inside of her trunk were newspapers and magazines set to go to the recycling facility the very next day.

Det. Haller has gathered DNA from Nancy's parents and kids, creating a profile for her. She is now in a national data base that can help identify remains that may be found - if the worst fear ends up coming true. Her husband hopes she's still alive, but highly doubts it.

Along with the DNA profile, Det. Haller says there's still more evidence being processed in Nancy's disappearance. "We received from, we call it 'AFIS', which is the fingerprint center in this state, results back from those prints and there were several what they consider identifiable prints."

Those prints were lifted from this glass, found next to a partially consumed wine glass that belonged to Nancy. Family and friends are hoping when the results come back, it will answer the haunting question of just what happened to Nancy. "We need some sort of closure. At this point it's whatever that means."

Det. Haller's putting out a plea to the public: "Anyone that knows anything, please call us. If you need to remain anonymous, that's no problem. I keep people anonymous all the time."

Here's a description of Nancy Moyer:
Ht: 4'11"
Wt: 120 lbs
Hair: Black & Brown
Eyes: Brown

Tattoos:
Butterfly on lower back
Hibiscus on left hip
Stars, hearts, & flowers armband on right upper arm
"Doublemint" & "juicyfruit" with flowers and hearts on upper back
Cherries with "A" & "S" initials on right foot
Playboy bunny on right hip

It's been a heart-breaking year for her family, and a tough case to crack for authorities.

So, if you know anything at all that could lead investigators to Nancy, call: Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-TIPS

The family is offering a $105,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for Nancy's disappearance.

http://www.q13fox.com/community/wamostwanted/kcpq-030410-wmw-nancymoyermissing,0,5629691.story

bbm I do not remember , hearing this information before..

One year ago this week, a Washington woman simply vanished from her home.

There was no sign of a struggle, and no reason to believe she would leave her two kids.

So where is she? Do you know how to find her?

Parella sat down with Thurston County Detective David Haller. He's been working the case since that disturbing day. "With all the information that we've developed in this case, it's been a very deep, extensive investigation. I feel that theres a 10% possibility that she's alive somewhere, and 90% that she's not."

Nancy Moyer, 37, disappeared last year on Friday, March 6th. Her husband, Bill, also talked with Parella, who says "She just vanished."

Nancy and Bill were separated at the time she went missing, but they shared time with their two daughters throughout the week. That Sunday, Bill went to drop off the kids at Nancy's home, and was surprised when they discovered she was nowhere to be found. "It was just completely unheard of for her not to be there when I dropped the kids off. So, very unusual right off the bat."

Det. Haller remembers the first time he stepped foot into Nancy's house. "The lights in the kitchen were on. The lights in the living room was on. Her purse was there. Her shoes were there. The keys to her car were hanging where she always hung them. The house itself didn't appear to be disturbed, or look like there was an altercation or struggle."

Nancy left work in Olympia Friday night, after dropping off a friend at his house. She went to a store and bought a few groceries and then went home. "A Tenino police officer saw her pull into that spot Friday night, exit the car, and she had plastic grocery bags."

That was about 6:45pm - and was the last time anyone saw her. But, in a very strange twist, Det. Haller says a neighbor claims to have heard her voice later that night. "He stated that he heard a female voice say 'hurry up and get in the car',and he heard car doors slam."

Nancy's car was left in her driveway untouched. Detectives say nothing inside was out of the ordinary, but her husband does says inside of her trunk were newspapers and magazines set to go to the recycling facility the very next day.

Det. Haller has gathered DNA from Nancy's parents and kids, creating a profile for her. She is now in a national data base that can help identify remains that may be found - if the worst fear ends up coming true. Her husband hopes she's still alive, but highly doubts it.

Along with the DNA profile, Det. Haller says there's still more evidence being processed in Nancy's disappearance. "We received from, we call it 'AFIS', which is the fingerprint center in this state, results back from those prints and there were several what they consider identifiable prints."

Those prints were lifted from this glass, found next to a partially consumed wine glass that belonged to Nancy. Family and friends are hoping when the results come back, it will answer the haunting question of just what happened to Nancy. "We need some sort of closure. At this point it's whatever that means."

Det. Haller's putting out a plea to the public: "Anyone that knows anything, please call us. If you need to remain anonymous, that's no problem. I keep people anonymous all the time."

Here's a description of Nancy Moyer:
Ht: 4'11"
Wt: 120 lbs
Hair: Black & Brown
Eyes: Brown

Tattoos:
Butterfly on lower back
Hibiscus on left hip
Stars, hearts, & flowers armband on right upper arm
"Doublemint" & "juicyfruit" with flowers and hearts on upper back
Cherries with "A" & "S" initials on right foot
Playboy bunny on right hip

It's been a heart-breaking year for her family, and a tough case to crack for authorities.

So, if you know anything at all that could lead investigators to Nancy, call: Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-TIPS

The family is offering a $105,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for Nancy's disappearance.
http://www.q13fox.com/community/wamostwanted/kcpq-030410-wmw-nancymoyermissing,0,5629691.story

bbm This seems like new info.

Not all of the fingerprints have been identified yet? And it's been a year? I wonder why the delay...I thought all of these results would have been back months ago....strange.

I was curious about AFIS and how long it takes to get results. Background investigations or security clearances for general employment purposes take around 8 weeks. Surely LE gets results much quicker than that? But I agree Blondy, WTH took so long to get to this point?

This was the first time we heard there was another glass on the table other than the wine goblet. I'm excited about the potential the unknown fingerprints hold and assume LE has already compared them to Nancy's girls and Bill. Would a perp be dumb enough to leave such a blatant clue?

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/iafis.htm

The neighbor's statement is also a newly released tidbit. Interesting; if related, I wonder if the female voice was Nancy or a female participant of the abduction? Since there was no struggle or sign of forced entry does it mean she knew the person/s and willingly went with? Or was a gun or other weapon being pointed at her? Did someone come to the house and say there was an emergency with one of her children, quick let's get to the hospital?

Nancy had no cell phone or computer. IIRC, LE has not talked about is whether there were any incoming or outgoing phone calls after 6:45 PM on Friday until Bill arrived with the girls on Sunday afternoon.

I think if she went willingly , she would have taken her smokes and they were left on the front porch. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back