WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. But maybe he did and no one took him seriously. You know - the whole hindsight is 20/20 thing. He's got to be a bit looney toons to have asked someone to help him with the body.

That is true. And him selling meat door to door, that could have been how he got Nancy. So it is possible.

This is for any locals here in Tenino -

I went into Dave's Thriftway in Tenino this evening to get some groceries before heading home and there was a flier on the door announcing a Moment of Blessing scheduled this coming Monday for Vanda on the bike trail. One of the gals that works there made a copy of the flier for me. Here's the details:

Moment of Blessing - Monday, Aug. 16, 5:00 P.M.
This brief service will be held near the place where the body was discovered (CJN - I'm not sure why they say that because her body was discovered in his truck, but I think that they know the approximate area where she was attacked and I assume that's what they mean) on the Chehalis-Western Trail in Tenino.
The service will include readings, non-denominational prayers, and an opportunity for those in attendance to speak if they wish. A clergyperson, the Reverend Carol McKinley, will preside.
The service will be held by Interfaith Works, who sponsors Moments of Blessing in response to cases of homicide, to reclaim the place of violence as a place of life and peace. For more info, call Interfaith Works at 357-7224 or 786-8074 or 943-5774.

I'll be there. This is my backyard and I really need to get some closure with this to help me feel a level of safety again.

It was interesting for me, talking with some of the people that I know while at Dave's Thriftway this evening. There is one woman (the one who made the copy of the flier for me) that I was talking to and I was telling her how much I love the trail but that I've never really felt safe on it by myself. I love walking it and riding my bike on it, but always with others. The few times that I have ridden my bike on it by myself I've had the same experience - there is one part of the trail where something in me just totally freezes up and freaks and feels completely threatened (even though there is absolutely no indication of threat around) and it's all I can do to get through it and to the Tenino Park and then reluctantly back again. I end up riding as fast and furious as I can through that area. Anyways, I was telling this woman today about that and she told me that I was the fifth person today to tell her the same thing. I read online on one of the reports of this story that quoted a sheriff's deputy saying that there is a criminal element that spends time on the trail and BJH's father said that he had been with his meth friends on the trail. But I've never seen any 'camps' or anything that would indicate unsafe individuals there. Just a reminder to not be paranoid, but to be aware, and to truly trust your gut instinct.

Anyways, I'll post this on the other thread as well. Hope you all are well.

Blessings, CJN

I use the chehalis river bike path often.In fact I park to off load my bike on Churchhill rd. where Vanda Boone was murdered by allegedly Keith Howell.
My question is why did he choose the high risk behavior to attack in broad day light only 50 yards from a busy side road(although that stretch of trail is straight for a mile each way so you could see anyone coming a ways off)or
given it runs right along side acres and acres of dense swampy woods(I've
recently took a "stroll" through these woods)would he need to transport her to a different dump site, which led to his arrest.
Because he was a illogical tweeker,or perhaps he reasoned she would be reported missing and possibly tied to the church hill rd. locale due to her auto.
And it stands to reason that area would be searched first
,doubly so if they found blood evidence on the trails asphalt surface.
Moving her would take her from the crime scene and any DNA.
Think about what we would be hearing about now if he was successful in his
disposal of her. " Yelm woman missing,last seen in Tenino area,police are looking for any witness's or information.

:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

We love to see new posters!

Hoppy
mod

Possibly Nancy? Not that far from Tenino:

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/human-remains-Suncadia-Resort-golf-course-102371819.html

CLE ELUM, Wash. – Kittitas County detectives are investigating a woman's remains found at Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum.

The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a construction crew working on a new golf course at the resort unearthed what appeared to be the remains of an adult woman. She was buried 18-to-24 inches below the surface. It's unknown how long the body has been there.

Possibly Nancy? Not that far from Tenino:

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/human-remains-Suncadia-Resort-golf-course-102371819.html

CLE ELUM, Wash. – Kittitas County detectives are investigating a woman's remains found at Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum.

The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a construction crew working on a new golf course at the resort unearthed what appeared to be the remains of an adult woman. She was buried 18-to-24 inches below the surface. It's unknown how long the body has been there.

Thank You, Fairy1.

Thank You, Fairy1.

YW, RR. I was shocked you hadn't already posted this one!

I find it interesting they seem to know it's a woman. I keep thinking, Nancy is such a little bitty thing, I'm not sure they could come to such a quick conclusion if it were her.

YW, RR. I was shocked you hadn't already posted this one!

I find it interesting they seem to know it's a woman. I keep thinking, Nancy is such a little bitty thing, I'm not sure they could come to such a quick conclusion if it were her.

Perhaps it is clothing and accessories that were with the remains.

Rachel Anderson is also missing from WA.

58438_129904403723580_100001120622920_158286_7378671_n.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...0.08869&sspn=0.00963,0.016544&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

Perhaps it is clothing and accessories that were with the remains.

Rachel Anderson is also missing from WA.

Sounds like there was at least clothing with the remains...

The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a construction crew working on a new golf course at the resort unearthed what appeared to be the remains of an adult woman Monday morning.

"One of the backhoe operators doing some work on one of the water systems noticed some clothing when she took a scoop of dirt out," said Undersheriff Myers.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/human-remains-Suncadia-Resort-golf-course-102371819.html

Archeologists Help Investigators Unearth Woman's Remains At Suncadia

56025094-07170311-400225.jpg

Kittitas County investigators say there were clothes on the woman's body and at this point.

They do not know how the woman died or how her remains ended up there but did say they have probably been there less than eight years because that's the last time work was done at the site.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-090810-bodyfoundgolfcourse,0,7342534.story

Thanks Goombah ... I hope they medicate him successfully in order to charge him. I want justice for Vanda and also want LE to question him about Nancy. Some have said he would have talked already if he had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance, but I wonder about the nature of his mental illness. If he had a psychotic episode, is there a chance he would not remember what he had done? I have no idea, just wondering if he could have killed Nancy and disposed of her body.

I wish Detective's Mealy & Haller would consider searching some of the "swampy" areas in Tenino.

Snipped from Goombah's link above

Thurston County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Chris Mealy says deputies also have a lot of pondering to do about Howell, but much of it will wait until later.

“The thing we’re working on now, our primary concern, is this homicide,” Mealy said last Friday. “All of our attention is making sure this is as air tight and iron-clad as can be.”

Obviously later, detectives will look at other things, Mealy said.

Already, the sheriff’s office has been contacted by other law enforcement agencies in the state, Mealy said, noting phone calls from Pierce, Snohomish and Grays Harbor counties.

“They’re just asking if he’s given us any information about anything else he’s been involved in,” Mealy said.

Of real interest to the sheriff’s office is the case of Nancy Moyer, a 36-year-old woman who vanished from her Tenino home last year, Mealy said.

“He lived close to her,” Mealy said. “Ichiro could hit a baseball from his house to her house, it’s less than a mile.”

The sheriff’s office found Boone’s red Toyota RAVE4 in Tenino on state Route 507. Its keys and Boone’s wallet were found in Howell’s silver Nissan pickup truck, according to the declaration filed in Thurston County Superior Court.

They learned Boone had an appointment in the Tenino area at 12 o’clock noon that Sunday, according to Mealy.

Howell Jr., the father, said his son was full of rage that day, discouraged about his new business not making much money. His son, who goes by his middle name Keith, ran off to the park, Howell Jr. said.

I see that GHC LE is calling Mealy to ask about Howell and couldn't help thinking of Lindsey Baum.

Thank you Goombah for linking this story, at least we know LE will be looking at Howell for links to Nancy's disappearance.

Skull Found Near Joint Base Lewis-McChord

Looks like we won't hear anything til at least tomorrow. I understand why we can't but I really really wish we could find out who this is right away.

A forensic anthropologist from the Armed Forces Medical Services Office is expected to arrive Friday, Piek said. The anthropologist will remove the skull and other items located during the search.

Until police are able to do forensic testing, they won't know the age, race or gender of the person the skull belongs to or how long it's been there.

The military is heading the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52
Back