GUILTY WA - Nicole White, 28, Spanaway, 6 June 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would be interested to know how many times they had met up, or seen each other. There would have to be some serious rage inside of someone to do that to a person they had only met once. JMO

The bar owner gave an interview when they were still searching for her and said they'd been in the bar together several times before. So, they weren't complete strangers.

“This appears to be either a first or second date,” Pierce County prosecutor Mark Lindquist said. “They met in a public place, then they went back to his house and, we believe based on what a neighbor said, that`s where the murder took place. She was heard screaming late that night and then the screaming abruptly stopped.”

Prosecutors say GPS records from Harris’ ignition interlock device and his cell phone show he returned the next day to the site where the body was discovered."

More at link:
http://q13fox.com/2015/06/23/man-charged-in-murder-of-pierce-county-mother/

Glad to see charges have been filed.

Hopefully the ME can determine "exactly" how Nicole was killed and the charges against Harris can be brought up to first degree murder. If not I wonder if he could be tried for first and second degree murder and let the jury decide. It sounds like there is defiantly enough physical and circumstantial evidence to prove that he killed her and dumped the body where Nicole was found. Proving the murder was premeditated might be the hard part. I think he might have become enraged and got physical when perhaps Nicole denied his sexual advances, when she started screaming he then killed her.

I especially like the part about this case is almost an example of how not to commit a murder. Sounds like a slam dunk as far as a guilty verdict. It wouldn't surprise me if Harris took a plea deal.

JMO

“This case is almost an example of how not to commit a murder,” Lindquist said. “The defendant was seen in public with the victim, he saved his sweatshirt, which had her blood on it, and he left a trail of his travels through his cell phone so police were able to track him on the night of his murder.”

(Snipped)

Right now his charge stands at second-degree murder, but that could change.

Prosecutors said they are waiting on the medical examiner’s office to release Nicole’s exact cause of death, which they said has been hard to determine since her body had decomposed.

“This appears to be either a first or second date,” Pierce County prosecutor Mark Lindquist said. “They met in a public place, then they went back to his house and, we believe based on what a neighbor said, that`s where the murder took place. She was heard screaming late that night and then the screaming abruptly stopped.”

Prosecutors say GPS records from Harris’ ignition interlock device and his cell phone show he returned the next day to the site where the body was discovered."

More at link:
It's weird because her family has been saying since the beginning they had gone out before and she considered him her boyfriend. I also read this was their 3rd date. And the bar said they had been there together before. Hard to know for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/17/medical-examiner-determines-that-pierce-county-woman-was-murdered/

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office has determined that Nicole White died of homicidal violence. The ME reports that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and torso...

http://www.maplevalleyreporter.com/news/311308291.html

The medical examiner classified the White’s death as a homicide. She had a skull fracture, an orbital fracture, a fractured sternum and several broken ribs.

After the investigators searched his residence [Harris] was arrested on federal weapons charge. Investigators noted he had swollen right wrist, abrasions on both knees and on his side and back.

He told investigators he fell off a bar stool June 6. The bartender told detectives Harris did not fall off a stool.

29-year-old Jonathan Harris now faces a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Nicole White. The charge was amended due to work by a forensic anthropologist showing White was beaten to death. Harris beat White to death, wrapped her in a tarp and rolled her body down a wooded ravine near Kapowsin.

Harris has pleaded not guilty and remains jailed on $2 million bail.

http://www.khq.com/story/30439840/charges-increased-in-murder-of-missing-mother

He stomped her to death. To the point of her skull and her bones caving in. That is cold-blooded. And why? I was thinking it may have been a sexually motivated murder, but there is no mention of evidence of rape (though I can imagine that rape may be hard to prove in this case). Nicole's murder seems to be motivated by drunken rage, but considering the upgraded first-degree charge, does that mean that this man planned to kill her in such a heinous way all along? It really doesn't seem that way.

Regardless, I'm happy about the upgraded charge. He still needs to be locked away for the rest of his life.

RIP Nicole, I'm sorry that you had such an awful end to your life.

This sad case was featured on the show “Web of Lies” on ID this week.

This sad case was featured on the show “Web of Lies” on ID this week.

Everyone dumps unwanted pets on on the 507; not human bodies because it's all Fort Lewis military training grounds; that's common knowledge for locals who pass by the 'Roy Y' (intersection between south, north, and eastern cities). Doesn't stop Spanaway/Parkland/Tacoma killers from using that route to get to other dumping grounds beyond.
It's strange that LE bothered to take the POI's ex out there instead of out on 7 past Loveland toward Graham (it's not like they don't know every last spot), but that's Pierce County for you.

Very hard to watch Nicole's family & friends detail what they were going through immediately following her disappearance... a lot of questions about Jonathans' family comes to mind given the circumstances of her death.

If Jeepers was where I recall, area struggled in general. Used to eat at a diner/bar right by that place, when that folded the whole stability of the neighborhood seemed to decline.
What became Jeepers changed hands every other year just like a few others along that local strip- guessing what Nicole's mother said about her personality fits in with the businesses subsequent attempts at club like drawing a scene- might have even been trying to support friends performing :(

Nicole White’s body was found days after she went missing following her date with a man she had met online, Jonathan Harris. The police were able to zero in on Harris after finding a plethora of evidence that directed the investigators towards him. Investigation Discovery’s ‘Web of Lies: Hunting Ground’ explores the case and draws out the exact events that led to Nicole’s death. We indulged in the case to understand it better. Here’s what we know.

Enumclaw, Washington, resident Nicole White was a single mother going through a bitter custody battle for her kids against her estranged husband. She was looking to improve her state of mind and well-being when she met Jonathan Daniel Harris online. The two decided to go on a date to Jeepers Country Bar and Grill in Spanaway, Pierce County. On June 6, 2015, Nicole picked Jonathan up from his residence and drove to the bar. Hours later, witnesses noticed the couple leaving the bar together in Nicole’s car.

But Nicole did not come back home thereafter. Her family reported her missing the following day. The baffling search for Nicole ended two weeks later when a police dog and a rescue team discovered her decomposed body wrapped in a green tarp at the bottom of a wooded ravine south of Lake Kapowsin. An autopsy of Nicole’s body revealed a fractured skull, eye socket, and sternum along with several broken ribs that indicated she been beaten repeatedly, which ultimately led to her death.
After his arrest, Jonathan, charged with the second-degree murder of Nicole White, refused to talk about the case to the detectives and Nicole’s family. A Pierce County prosecutor amended Jonathan’s charges to first-degree premeditated murder after forensic evidence revealed that Jonathan had brutally beaten Nicole to death. But, Jonathan pleaded not guilty at the time. In 2016, he changed his stance and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and second and third-degree assault in Nicole’s death.

Jonathan took the plea deal to avoid being convicted of greater charges at his trial. Nicole’s family was upset and frustrated that the plea was for second-degree murder and not first degree. After that, Jonathan fired his public defender and wanted to withdraw his guilty plea. He said that he did not know if he had killed Nicole or not. In his motion to change his plea, he accused his attorney of threatening him.

During his trial, Jonathan’s attorney based Jonathan’s defense on an argument saying Nicole had not been stomped to death and her death had been quick. The argument prompted aggravated behavior from Nicole’s family, which required the intervention of the court security to appease them. Jonathan addressed Nicole’s family and apologized to them. “This was a bad thing that happened,” he told them. The superior court judge sentenced him to 316 months in prison. He is currently incarcerated at Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Washington.

More @link Nicole White Murder: Who Killed Her? Where is Jonathan Harris Now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back