GUILTY WA - Nikki Kuhnhausen, 17, transgender, murdered, Vancouver, 5 June 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it says in the article, she was seen "getting into an older Russian's mans car"...how did they know he was russian? Someone who saw must have known him or knew of him, you can't just tell by looking- it is a russian man....hopefully they will speak out about details of the man

So it says in the article, she was seen "getting into an older Russian's mans car"...how did they know he was russian? Someone who saw must have known him or knew of him, you can't just tell by looking- it is a russian man....hopefully they will speak out about details of the man

In the first post of this thread (see quote below) it was said that Nikki knew this man. So maybe it wasn't the first time he had picked her up and Nikki had mentioned him to friends, including that he's Russian. I wonder why this man picked her up, on a school day no less.

Nikki left at 6 a.m. and got a ride from a man she knew who is believed to be in his 50s.

I hope police know who he is and have questioned him. Strange that nothing like that has been reported.

Mother of missing Vancouver teen pleads for safe return

The family said the Vancouver police are investigating links to sex trafficking. They also say police have discovered evidence of a sexual transaction on Nikki's social media.
From that link:
The family shared some of the clues that have been discovered in the investigation. They say Vancouver police are investigating links to sex trafficking. They also say police have discovered evidence of a sexual transaction on Nikki's social media. However, Lisa Woods is worried because Nikki was born male, but is transgender and identifies as female.

"Nikki had presented herself as a girl, so that's what he was expecting," Lisa Woods said about a person of interest in the case. That man's identity hasn't been made public, according to Lisa Woods.

This was my exact thought when she first went missing, and information about her going off with a older male was made public. I can't imagine how scared and worried Nikki's mom must be. These adult dudes have no business with teenagers, I'm so sick of this crap.

Added to NamUs: #MP60803 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

"Nikki was last seen by her housemates early on the morning of 6/6/2019 after telling them she was going out to meet a man she had met. She told her housemates this person was going to give her a ride to retrieve her phone from someone's house. This is the last anyone has heard from her."

Oh no. Poor Nikki.
For some reason, I was under the impression that the suspect was way, way, way older, like 40+ years old. I must admit that I thought this was another tragic case of middle age men fetishizing transgender teen girls. In any case, I think something needs to be done about the transgender youth. They need to be safe, and they need to be protected because this can't keep happening. I hope this creep gets the harshest punishment available.
Somehow, being transgender is "offensive to his culture", but killing a teen girl (or anyone, for that matter), in cold blood is not? Excuses, excuses.

Man charged with hate crime in death of transgender teen

A judge on Thursday set bail at $750,000 for a man charged with a hate crime in the death of a transgender teenager. Prosecutors recently added a hate crime charge because they believe Bogdanov strangled Kuhnhausen after learning she was transgender, The Columbian newspaper reported.

Prosecutors had asked Clark County Judge David Gregerson to order no bail, or a minimum $6 million bail, for David Bogdanov, of Vancouver, but the judge said the lower amount was appropriate because Bogdanov has no prior criminal history.

Lots more at the link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14