WA WA - Po Han Lee, 93, Thurston County, 26 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello.
Yes. Family members have done a search again after search and rescue suspended the search.
However, the day grandfather went missing only aunt, uncle, a friend, and grandmother were there.
Apparently, aunt and uncle is starting to question the black car that was in the area when he went missing. They didnt think much of it at the time. However, two days ago it came to their mind there was a black car in the area parked. The car took off when the sheriff arrived at the scene.

Last, we did make fliers and missing person ads. They are posted througout the area of federal away...thurdton county and etc.

I am very worried that something bad has happened...because starting yesterday grandmother has been acting very strange. Its scaring everyone.

Having a missing person in the family is so traumatic, I wouldn't be surprised that it might cause some changes in your grandmother's behaviour. I hope she has lots of support. Have family managed to speak to her gently, just to check if there is any special thing that day that caused her some concern? Perhaps your grandfather said something or did something that caused your grandmother concern?

I'm going to try and find some links for missing persons organizations that can offer help and support. They are usually run by people who have missing relatives too, and it can be so good just to talk to others. If any posters know any good, local ones, please post some links as fast as you can.

I'm very concerned for your grandfather, myonlynara, but not so concerned about the black car that drove away when police arrived. There are SO many reasons a car driver may not have wanted to see police - my first thought is they didn't have a license, or maybe had drugs in their vehicle? I think it would be very unlikely they abducted an elderly man.

As your grandfather has not returned home yet, I really, really, believe the way you will find him is to keep searching in the area he disappeared. He could have been taken ill, or fallen. Please put pressure on police to continue searches, but if they cannot or will not, there are search and rescue (SAR) groups who will help you for free. I'll try and find some in your area.

I really hope your grandfather is found safe.

myonlynara, did your grandfather show any signs or have any diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's? I am not trying to pry into private family matters, but missing people with these conditions have rights to extra help.

Hello.
Yes. Family members have done a search again after search and rescue suspended the search.
However, the day grandfather went missing only aunt, uncle, a friend, and grandmother were there.
Apparently, aunt and uncle is starting to question the black car that was in the area when he went missing. They didnt think much of it at the time. However, two days ago it came to their mind there was a black car in the area parked. The car took off when the sheriff arrived at the scene.

Last, we did make fliers and missing person ads. They are posted througout the area of federal away...thurdton county and etc.

I am very worried that something bad has happened...because starting yesterday grandmother has been acting very strange. Its scaring everyone.

Sorry, one last thing; can you post the missing poster here? That way, anyone reading the thread can print out copies, and share them.

I have asked if Mr Lee's missing status can be shared on this website too:
http://ihavevanished.com/

Word really needs to get out. Mr Lee's family needs help. I can't believe a 93 year old disappears and there is so little interest and searches have been stopped. It is very, very sad. What do police think happened to him if he did 'get into a vehicle' then, as they've told family? It's a week now - that's a mighty long road trip for a 93 year-old.

Thank you! There have been some different spellings of Mr Lee's name too - I am hoping those details can be confirmed by family.

I so hope this gentleman is safe somewhere.

CUE Center for missing persons is a good organization to contact, I think. I have heard very good reports about the support they give.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/about/

If Mr Lee was affected by Alzheimer's or dementia, I really recommend reaching out to Hellen Cook's family too. Sadly, Hellen was found too late to save her but her family have become a very powerful force in supporting missing people with these conditions. They may be able to give good advice, as Hellen's disappearance was similar and she was also an avid walker.

https://www.facebook.com/FindHellenCook

This is the WA branch of the Alzheimer's Association, which maybe could help too, if Mr Lee was affected by illness.

http://www.alz.org/alzwa/

I would definitely contact Thurston County Council on Aging - the least they will do is help publicize Mr Lee's missing status, I am sure.

http://seniornewsolympia.org/

His name is Bo Han Lee. Age varies depending on the calendar. If he goes by Lunar Calendar he is 97. Korean age 95. US age 93. The birthdate recorded on file in the states make him 93 years old here.

This is a first time for any family or relative gone missing. So we are dumbfounded right now. Dont know what to do since the cops arent helping very much. We have gone back to the mountains to search the area, but no luck. We are planning to go back tomorrow with more relatives.

myonlynara, did your grandfather show any signs or have any diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's? I am not trying to pry into private family matters, but missing people with these conditions have rights to extra help.

He did have dementia, but it wasnt severe at all. Very minor problem. He always cared about his health. He would walk daily to keep his health in shape. He was happy on the day he went missing according to aunt and uncle. The reason is because he loved walking. Also, the air in the mountains are clean.

He did have dementia, but it wasnt severe at all. Very minor problem. He always cared about his health. He would walk daily to keep his health in shape. He was happy on the day he went missing according to aunt and uncle. The reason is because he loved walking. Also, the air in the mountains are clean.

Myonlynara, please, please start a missing Facebook page for your grandfather. Because if you do that, local people will help in the searches, and distribute posters. They'll help you.

You may have to be quite persistant with police as well, and keep phoning them for updates...and call your local news stations as well, to tell them how much you care for your grandfather, and need him to be found. Give them lots of nice photos of him.

I know it must be so difficult, but you need all the help you can get, and the only way to get it is to ask. People will respond, I promise.

He should be listed as endangered missing then. That will help his case.

So sad that there don't appear to be any media or police updates about this 93 year-old man since around April 28th.

It doesn't sound like the ground searches included any searches of water? I'll have to check a map to see if there are any ponds or anything nearby. A 74 year old drowned in a pond while playing with a toy helicopter previously, in Federal way, but I'm not sure how close that is.

To me it looks like Mr Lee (an avid walker) could easily have walked from Reservation Rd where he vanished, to Lost Lake. And perhaps had an accident there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 41
The other gentleman in Federal Way had his accident 18 miles away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back