WA WA - Richard 'Cody' Haynes, 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
missing from Kittitas Wa Cody Haynes. He went missing in 2004 at age 11. His father and step mother were the last people to see him. Cody was severely beaten the night he went missing for refusing to put away the leftovers. His siblings were in the home at the time and the oldest daughter witnessed him being beaten before she to was sent to her room. Cody's sisters could hear the cry's from the kitchen until they heard a loud thud and his sisters could no longer hear there cry's. The hallway to Cody's room that he shared with his father was blocked off and his sisters were told to stay away from his room. The girls still remember the regular beatings they had to endure and still have not gotten any help with there emotional problems. The oldest daughter now has multiple personalities and suffers from actual pain with she remembers or see's the house they lived in. Cody's father took a very suspicious trip the night Cody went missing. He Left at 2am on the night Cody went missing. He claimed he went to look for car parts for his truck but has now changed his story to "I went to cool off". He did not return to the home until 4pm the next evening and that is when Cody was checked on for the first time since he was sent to his room the night before. For 14 hours nobody checked on Cody at all. It was a 2 story home and his room was upstairs and there would be no way he could jump from that high up. Cps was called to the home several times by the school and other departments. The kids were made to stand outside in the cold with no shoes or coats as a form of punishment. After that the children were taken out of school to be home schooled by the stepmother. She actually worked at the kittitas Cps so somehow the cps reports were not looked at and the children were left in the home. It wasn't until after Cody went missing that the children were taken. They all suffer from the abuse they went through by their father and stepmother Richard Haynes and Marla Harding. We dont understand why Cody's case was allowed to slip through the cracks of the system that was supposed to protect him. Especially after Cps was already called by the school principle. The van that Richard Haynes left in that night was seen backed up to the house by a neighbor. A few days after that night Cody's father sold that van to a cab company and it just happened to catch fire within a week. A cab company would not buy a beat up 20 year old van to use as a cab so we believe the van was purposely caught on fire to get rid of evince. After Cody went missing the PD treated the case as a runaway until a witness came forward. The floor in the kitchen was investigated only to find out that Richard Haynes replaced the floor of there rental house without the landlords permission. When the chief of police started questioning Richard about where he went that night Rick filed a restraining order on the Chief for harassment. The restraining order was never put in place. The Police station was less that 2 blocks from the home where he went missing and the Chief of police made a statement that he knew of the girls in the Haynes home but never know there was a boy living there until Cody went missing. People who know of the family have said Cody was treated different because of the way he talked. Throughout the years we have had Vigils and fundraisers for Cody and Richard Haynes has never come to one. He hasn't put up one flier or made any effort to find Cody. Richard Haynes left the state of Colorado and took the children without permission of his mother. Richard stated that Cody's mother Lisa was serving time in prison which was not true. That information got out to reporters and it was posted everywhere that Cody's case was told. We recently had a national radio station interview Cody's Mom Lisa and the rumor was cleared up by a statement by the Chief of Police in Kittitas. We have sent out documents to the sites that are posting this lie allowing 72 hours for the content to be removed before we transfer each individual case to out attorney to be held accountable in court. These accusations are stalling our efforts to find Cody as we are constantly having to defend and explain that what they are reading is false.
Kittitas is a very small town and it was a 2 man police force. With little to no media coverage we need some kind of help to get this story out. We have tried to get Cody on America's Most Wanted but they need the cooperation of the Kittitas Police Department but they are for some reason unwilling. We are not sure why they are keeping very quiet about this case. We have become our own investigators and have given the department several leads but they never follow through. We need help from all sides and we are not sure if we can even trust the police department. Cody's father has till this day never been questioned and bothe he and the stepmother walk free even after all the reports of physical and sexual abuse against the children. We just dont know what else to do.
This is the interview by the radio station.
http://soundcloud.com/codys-evps/what-really-happened-to-cody?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wid
getshare&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fcodys-evps%2Fwhat-really-ha
ppened-to-cody

I am Cody's cousin and we are trying to get any kind of help we can.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCodyHaynes

photo.php

So sad. Reading Cody's story is the reason i joined today. Christmas Day. I wish for Cody to be found.

I hope that 2013 is the year we can give some peace to Cody's family, get to the truth & find him. It's been far too long :-(

:bump: for Cody. :heartbeat:

Snipped:

Cody apparently slipped out unnoticed during this time and arranged his stuffed animals on the bed to make it look like he was asleep. He took a black and green camouflage-patterned bag of clothing with him, but it was later found in a shed near his house. Investigators believe Cody may have hidden the bag there and planned to return for it later. His bicycle was also found in the shed.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Hi all. I am Cody's Cousin. He didnt slip out on his own. That is what his father and his live in girl friend says. .

Please visit his page. We will be in sprague WA, to search for Cody. We have gotten information leading to this location from the locals that knew Codys father and step mother. we have had to become our own investigators and this is the hardest thing our family has had to go through. We are on our own. Without the public we are at a stand still. The local police wont even cooperate with Americas Most wanted to get Cody on the show. We have no idea why. They along with CPS has failed Cody from the very beginning.

K-9 Forensics search group from New Mexico is going to be searching for Cody with their team at a later date. We have setup a go fund me account at this link.
http://www..com/2u7ep0

Here is a bit about Cody's story.

Richard “CODY” Haynes was only 11 years old when he vanished from his father’s home, on September 12, 2004. His father, Richard “RICK” Haynes and his girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding, beat Cody for more than 6 hours. He was made to stand in a 5 gallon bucket, with his urine on his feet, as they continued to torture Cody unmercifully. Around 12:30 am, Cody’s older sister went into the kitchen and begged them to stop. She was then hit over the head, told to go to her room and mind her own business. She heard Cody getting hit a few more times, then heard a ‘thud’ on the floor. The beating had stopped. At this point is when Rick decided to go looking for car parts for a 1954 Kaiser. He left that house reportedly at 2:30 am. (mind you it’s a SUNDAY)
When Cody’s sisters awoke in the morning, they were told by Marla to not go near Cody’s room. Chairs had been placed in the hallway, preventing his sisters to check in on him. During the time that Rick was wondering around rural Washington, Marla had gone across the street from the apartment in Kittitas more than 5 times, ’to buy cigarettes’. Around 3 pm, she ’looked in’ Cody’s room, and noticed he wasn’t there. She called Rick to come home, then she called police, to report Cody missing, at 6pm.
With incriminating statements to law enforcement, such as, “I’m not loosing my freedom for anything”, by Marla, and Rick stating “I’m not talking without my attorney present, No way!” really makes one wonder what exactly would they loose their freedom over, and why would he need an attorney to find Cody?!
Here we are, more than 8 ½ years later, without Cody. We have more questions than answers.

Cody was just a young, rambunctious little boy, with the mind of a scientist. Always wondering what next he could figure out on his own. He made is own bubble gum, rock candy and crystals. A very bright mind, with an entire future of science in front of him. All taken away on that horrible night by 2 ’adults’ that were suppose to nurture his creativity.

Cody was last seen wearing his blue pajamas, with a design of planes or trucks on them.
Green eyes, brown hair, a birthmark on the inside of his thigh, and dimples to fall in love with.

Throughout this ordeal there has been reports by the media that his mother was in prison at the time of his disappearance. TOTALLY untrue. She never spent any time in prison and that was confirmed by the Chief of police in a radio interview. Blog talk radio has done interviews of Lisa (Cody's Mother). Any search engine will pop up those interviews.

This is the latest TV interview
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kimatv.com%2Fhome%2Fvideo%2FMom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABAt8i2jAVIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=soZWB6F0wDQ&usg=AFQjCNHFagHJQFBkSqkG71_EumkbPUp3pA

The newspaper article of his story.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v9JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AfMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6971%2C3700920&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+g%3Alockittitas_wa&hl=en

Thank you so much aujum :eek:
It really would be amazing to finally bring Cody home...and give the family some peace. The info you posted is much appreciated. And I hope you know that Cody is still in all our thoughts. He hasnt been forgotten.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Hi all. I am Cody's Cousin. He didnt slip out on his own. That is what his father and his live in girl friend says. .

Please visit his page. We will be in sprague WA, to search for Cody. We have gotten information leading to this location from the locals that knew Codys father and step mother. we have had to become our own investigators and this is the hardest thing our family has had to go through. We are on our own. Without the public we are at a stand still. The local police wont even cooperate with Americas Most wanted to get Cody on the show. We have no idea why. They along with CPS has failed Cody from the very beginning.

K-9 Forensics search group from New Mexico is going to be searching for Cody with their team at a later date. We have setup a go fund me account at this link.
http://www..com/2u7ep0

Here is a bit about Cody's story.

Richard “CODY” Haynes was only 11 years old when he vanished from his father’s home, on September 12, 2004. His father, Richard “RICK” Haynes and his girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding, beat Cody for more than 6 hours. He was made to stand in a 5 gallon bucket, with his urine on his feet, as they continued to torture Cody unmercifully. Around 12:30 am, Cody’s older sister went into the kitchen and begged them to stop. She was then hit over the head, told to go to her room and mind her own business. She heard Cody getting hit a few more times, then heard a ‘thud’ on the floor. The beating had stopped. At this point is when Rick decided to go looking for car parts for a 1954 Kaiser. He left that house reportedly at 2:30 am. (mind you it’s a SUNDAY)
When Cody’s sisters awoke in the morning, they were told by Marla to not go near Cody’s room. Chairs had been placed in the hallway, preventing his sisters to check in on him. During the time that Rick was wondering around rural Washington, Marla had gone across the street from the apartment in Kittitas more than 5 times, ’to buy cigarettes’. Around 3 pm, she ’looked in’ Cody’s room, and noticed he wasn’t there. She called Rick to come home, then she called police, to report Cody missing, at 6pm.
With incriminating statements to law enforcement, such as, “I’m not loosing my freedom for anything”, by Marla, and Rick stating “I’m not talking without my attorney present, No way!” really makes one wonder what exactly would they loose their freedom over, and why would he need an attorney to find Cody?!
Here we are, more than 8 ½ years later, without Cody. We have more questions than answers.

Cody was just a young, rambunctious little boy, with the mind of a scientist. Always wondering what next he could figure out on his own. He made is own bubble gum, rock candy and crystals. A very bright mind, with an entire future of science in front of him. All taken away on that horrible night by 2 ’adults’ that were suppose to nurture his creativity.

Cody was last seen wearing his blue pajamas, with a design of planes or trucks on them.
Green eyes, brown hair, a birthmark on the inside of his thigh, and dimples to fall in love with.

Throughout this ordeal there has been reports by the media that his mother was in prison at the time of his disappearance. TOTALLY untrue. She never spent any time in prison and that was confirmed by the Chief of police in a radio interview. Blog talk radio has done interviews of Lisa (Cody's Mother). Any search engine will pop up those interviews.

This is the latest TV interview
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kimatv.com%2Fhome%2Fvideo%2FMom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABAt8i2jAVIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=soZWB6F0wDQ&usg=AFQjCNHFagHJQFBkSqkG71_EumkbPUp3pA

The newspaper article of his story.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v9JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AfMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6971%2C3700920&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+g%3Alockittitas_wa&hl=en

It sounds like you could use a little help making folks aware of Codys case again.
Ya know...the mods here at WS are amazing,and Ill bet if you gave SheWhoMustNotBeNamed a holler,perhaps they could bump up this case...and get us talking about it again. Its been awhile,and maybe theres some new info out there.

Hi Aujum9.

I've heard a little bit about the search for Cody coming up from the Facebook page. Is a specific group putting it on, or just your family/friends organizing it? I wish you luck. If I could get away from work that day I'd be there, but unfortunately I can't. But I'll spread the word on Facebook and see what we can do here as well.

Has anyone contacted Texas Equusearch? They are an amazing search organization. However...Law Enforcement has to give their consent for Texas Equusearch to become involved. So that may be a hurdle.

We (Cody's family on his Moms side) are leading the search for Cody. We have reason to believe he is there. We have contacted Texas Equusearch and you are right about needing permission by local Police. unfortunately they are unwilling to cooperate. They wont even cooperate with Americas most wanted to get Cody on the show. Sad really. Sharing would be great. Thank you so much for any help.

Are Richard and Marla still a couple?

Best of luck with your search! I hope Cody can be brought home and your family finds peace.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rick and Marla got married right after Cody went missing to avoid being questioned. As a couple they got "lawyer-ed up" (as the police chief put it) and have never been re-questioned again. The police had evidence that brought them back to the home Cody lived it, only to find the Rick and Marla had replaced the flooring in the kitchen without the consent of the landlord. I would have thought the police would have talked to them again. So many things were mishandled and overlooked that we are so frustrated. We are hoping that our search is almost over and we can bring Cody home to a proper burial and closure.

I have started a page on Facebook for all the missing children in Washington State. https://www.facebook.com/NationalMissingChildrensDayInWashingtonState Cody's cased made me want to help in any way I can. Sharing and posting for other parents and family is a great way to get there faces out at a very rapid pace. I also help create the flyers on some other pages I admin. If anyone needs or wants a poster made, I would be happy to take on that task. Here are a few I have recently done as well as the missing child posters on Washington State Missing Children Facebook page. Not sure if the pictures will show up but I will have them on the link above.
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

If you can't join the search today, please lift up your thoughts and prayers that those on the ground find Cody, if he's out there!

:praying:

What an adorable little boy he was in 2004!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back