Found Safe WA - Saurabh Gupte, 34, missing after taking out the trash, Seattle, 7 Feb 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Seattle man missing after leaving condo to take out the trash | king5.com

A man vanished after he took out the trash in his condo building in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood on Monday, according to his family.

[...]

Saurabh Gupte, 34, just finished a work meeting around noon and left his condo to walk down the hallway to the building’s garbage chute, his wife said.

[...]

An image from the building's surveillance cameras is the last known sighting of him.

... He left his phone and keys in the condo near Western Avenue and Denny Way. His wife and 4-month-old baby were still home at the time.

[...]

She said her husband is in good health, physically and mentally, and there was nothing about him that worried her.

[...]

Seattle Police Dept. on Twitter
MISSING PERSON Saurabh, 34 y/o, 5’7”, 180 lbs. Last seen wearing dark brown t-shirt, dark blue pants, flip flops. Missing from his residence near Western Ave/Denny Way since Feb 7th around 11:30 am. Please call 911 if seen.

4:15 PM · Feb 8, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

The video in this article shows the building, recycling bins, trash chute, etc.

Man missing, last seen inside Seattle condo building – KIRO 7 News Seattle
There’s a mystery inside the Trio Condos in Seattle.

Saurabh Gupte and his family live on the 6th floor, but since Monday morning he’s been missing.

The strangest part is that he was never seen leaving the building.

[...]

His wife says he took out the recycling Monday morning, security cameras in the building capturing him in the parking garage.

She says he then headed back to the 6th floor to grab the trash and take it to the chute down the hall.

That was the last time anyone saw him.

[...]

The chute doesn't look big enough to me. Hopefully they've checked it for any clues, though. MOO
Indeed...they could check for the actual trash. Might be a chore, but I'd think the wife would be able to identify items that would point toward their disposed stuff. ETA especially with a baby in the house. JMO

Wonder what other areas there are for him to have gone to inside the building or any way to leave without being on camera?

A man vanished after he took out the trash in his condo building in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood on Monday, according to his family.
Even taking out the trash is getting risky these days.

His phone and keys were in the condo, what about his wallet? did he have it with him or was it left behind? If he left all of those items behind, and was wearing flip flops, it certainly doesn't make sense that Saurabh planned to leave.

Are there cameras at all of the entrances/exits of this building, including any maintenance doors? If so it's unlikely he could have left the building without being on video.

Even taking out the trash is getting risky these days.

His phone and keys were in the condo, what about his wallet? did he have it with him or was it left behind? If he left all of those items behind, and was wearing flip flops, it certainly doesn't make sense that Saurabh planned to leave.

Are there cameras at all of the entrances/exits of this building, including any maintenance doors? If so it's unlikely he could have left the building without being on video.
Is there access/cameras to the roof? This is odd. IMO

Is there access/cameras to the roof? This is odd. IMO
Yes, very odd... If all access points in the building, plus perhaps the building exterior, have cameras, and no one saw him leave the building, then it would suggest he is still somewhere in the building. If there are some doors, or perhaps roof access as swanniee11 mentioned, that do not have cameras, then its possible he did leave the building for some unknown reason.

In the still image it appears Saurabh is carrying a trash can. Has anyone found that trash can or is it missing as well?

@Dargon335 I read the above that he took the recycles out ( in the gray trash can on CCTV) to the garage area, came back to his apt and took a bag of garbage to the trash shoot on his floor. I could be wrong though. If this is the case, the trash can would have made it back to the apt.

This is so strange. I wonder if LE are/will do a door to door search. I believe residents have to be willing to let them search inside but just talking at the door would give some sense of who knows him and might be helpful. Also, would the building management/condo association provide a list of renters/owners? Moo

Yes, very odd... If all access points in the building, plus perhaps the building exterior, have cameras, and no one saw him leave the building, then it would suggest he is still somewhere in the building. If there are some doors, or perhaps roof access as swanniee11 mentioned, that do not have cameras, then its possible he did leave the building for some unknown reason.

In the still image it appears Saurabh is carrying a trash can. Has anyone found that trash can or is it missing as well?
Maybe that is what the recyclables were in. For example, I have a smaller one on my porch for quick use, then carry it to the larger bin when it's full. Also, I'm not understanding if the trash disposal was outside like the recyclables apparently are.

Been away for awhile, starting to catch up on some threads. This one has me baffled. I’d love more concrete info on security camera locations, if they cover every single possible way to exit the building? It sounds as if it’s certain he did not leave the building. If confirmed 100%, then there are only so many places he could be, right? Following with prayers for Saurabh and his loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back