Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it true that the little one’s mother had to pay for a flight to collect Seraya? What if she couldn’t afford it? What if her girl was taken overseas where a flight would have been even more costly? Just seems to me that authorities could have returned her to her mother… her mom didn’t deserve to have monetary expenses thrust on her for the immature actions her ex took …

Is it true that the little one’s mother had to pay for a flight to collect Seraya? What if she couldn’t afford it? What if her girl was taken overseas where a flight would have been even more costly? Just seems to me that authorities could have returned her to her mother… her mom didn’t deserve to have monetary expenses thrust on her for the immature actions her ex took …

true but if she did a fundraiser, it wouldn't take long to cover the cost
I, for one, would donate

Maybe she wanted to get to her daughter as quickly as possible, faster than the authorities could return her, so Seraya wouldn’t have to be put in foster care in AZ even briefly. Or she couldn’t wait to hold her and hug her and kiss her.

JMO

I think caring about your kids means helping them (and sometimes making them) take responsibility for their actions.
But we don't 100% know the backstory of her actions. We don't know what was told to hr to get her to flee the airport and meet up w/her fiancé.

Maybe her parents have a better understanding of the situation than we do?

But we don't 100% know the backstory of her actions. We don't know what was told to hr to get her to flee the airport and meet up w/her fiancé.

Possibly. Mostly though, I've noticed that people seem to just go ahead and do whatever it is they want to do, regardless of who - especially online - does or doesn't approve of them. I'm sure there's many aspects of my life that people on WS would discuss with deep disapproval, but I get to keep it to myself. IMO, people who get caught up in crime sometimes don't have that basic entitlement to just do what makes sense to them.

JMO

It could be something like that - and NC didn't want to disclose AA's passport since he's a fugitive, but not sure why he wasn't required to show ID at a checkpoint.

That interaction is still quite murky.

jmo
I'm wondering if they purposely separated while going through the checkpoint, so they wouldn't be so easily recognised, as the 3 missing americanos.

Maybe as she went through she was detained for questioning? And he and the baby made it though unscathed?

But how quickly would you ask for help if your fiancee was patronizing food banks and inquiring about political asylum? It seems they didn't spend every moment together and she could have told someone she needed help much sooner.

But how quickly would you ask for help if your fiancee was patronizing food banks and inquiring about political asylum? It seems they didn't spend every moment together and she could have told someone she needed help much sooner.
I'm not sure he was doing any of that until after she was detained and left him without money for gas or food.

Nice, but Uh-Oh?
Ok, I’m in Washington state and I just went out into unbearable heat (74 degrees) and yes, both vehicles have plates front and back.
@MsMarple
74°F likely sounds fabulous to some folks here.

You may regret ;) posting your location & 74°F temp. if multitudes of sleuthers sweltering in other states show up w overnight bags on your doorstep.

MOO, I doubt we’ll ever know the backstory of her actions, or her perspective on her own backstory. She’s back home with her parents, “recovering,” and lawyered up. Unless she goes on the lam again, any statement she makes is going to be well-and-expensively vetted to minimize legal and any other jeopardy she faces.

And it’s fair to side-eye the various levels of consequences likely to be faced by people involved. Bio-mom’s struggles and mental health history have been aired by her ex’s parents, who have also asserted that she is an unfit mother.

Bio father has the support (emotional, public and likely more) of his bio family. But he’s in custody facing legal consequences for attempting to flee the country with his daughter.

We do not know the negative consequences for the little girl. At the least, she’s unlikely now to be spending much time with her bio father, and there are likely going to be repercussions with her relationship with her paternal grandparents.

That Nadia may well return to her perfectly planned life without her role being dragged through the same scrutiny that bio mom faces because her child was taken from her doesn’t seem to balance out. Maybe her life preferences don’t match those of her parents — but she has options to figure that out and move on. No one else in this poorly conceived exercise has those options.

I’m just glad Seraya is home now.

MOO.

I'm wondering if they purposely separated while going through the checkpoint, so they wouldn't be so easily recognised, as the 3 missing americanos.

Maybe as she went through she was detained for questioning? And he and the baby made it though unscathed?
IMO, (having visited, but only by air) Mexican officials stop vehicles around the border area looking for undocumented people.

The document a visitor needs to present is a visa called an FMM, it's a small, separate form you fill out that is then stamped with the date you entered Mexico, and the number of days the immigration official has given you to stay. For an ordinary visitor, that can range from a week to 6 months. It depends on what you tell them when you cross the border (do you have a flight out? a reservation to stay somewhere?, etc). They often used to just give 6 months automatically, but like everything, it's not so laid back anymore.

Possibly they entered Mexico separately, and she'd walked over the border, so they gave her less time than the other two. ETA or maybe she never got one, since you can just walk over to shop etc. Then, when they checked her FMM it had expired, she was pulled aside and just deported, but she didn't understand and assumed she'd be able to return to him. Officials don't usually speak much English.

ETA: noticing, it seems to be electronic now
JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member