WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why would he lie about when his training was to end?

BBM
Why would you say this man is lying? I see him as a man in crisis! MOO

He was building a future with two people he loves when, overnight, in one phone call, he lost it all. All of a sudden, in one phone call, his future plans with his wife-to be and the little boy he mentored and loves are gone.

With that in mind, very few of us are trained to deal effectively with the media, especially in the midst of a crisis. If it were me, I have no doubt the stalking, ridiculous questions, and reporting by the media would send me under my covers. And that's not taking into consideration the judgmental Americans who dissect and shred every word, facial expression, and movement I would be making/saying. MOO

Maybe he wants to remember the good times - the trips, laughing and smiling, boy scouts etc. MOO MHO etc.

Guess if you believe that he set this entire scenario up with the idea of killing mom and son, calling him a liar would make far more sense. MOO

ETA: Most people in shock, crisis, and/or grieving fail to get their time-line exact. MOO

I'm sorry - but I don't get what the b/f was doing has anything to do with what happened to Shantina and her son.

Did Azriel know how to swim? Did he have asthma? Was Shantina on any prescription drugs? Did she mix alcohol and a prescription drug that night?

[/I][/B]

BBM

He was building a future with two people he loves when, overnight, in one phone call, he lost it all. All of a sudden, in one phone call, his future plans with his wife-to be and the little boy he mentored and loves are gone.

With that in mind, very few of us are trained to deal effectively with the media, especially in the midst of a crisis. If it were me, I have no doubt the stalking, ridiculous questions, and reporting by the media would send me under my covers. And that's not taking into consideration the judgmental Americans who dissect and shred every word, facial expression, and movement I would be making/saying. MOO

Maybe he wants to remember the good times - the trips, laughing and smiling, boy scouts etc. MOO MHO etc.

Guess if you believe that he set this entire scenario up with the idea of killing mom and son, calling him a liar would make far more sense. MOO

ETA: Most people in shock, crisis, and/or grieving fail to get their time-line exact. MOO

I gotta add that I checked on his webpage today, and he took it down, the one telling of what happened.

Now he has a flyer, in .pdf, of both of them... which wasn't there before.

I kept a copy of his old webpage, in case he took it down. Just for future reference, if anyone wants it, since it was only one text file, really.

:)

oops! Forgot to add the link: http://www.robbsimmons.com or http://robbsimmons.com

I'm sorry - but I don't get what the b/f was doing has anything to do with what happened to Shantina and her son.

Just to explore all angles. Stranger things have happened before, of the unlikely being possible.

:)

Child is dead, mother is missing and probably dead too. Just curious why so many of his statements are inconsistent, false, or simply don't make sense. I don't believe he was directly involved in whatever happened to them, but he's hiding something and that may point to why this happened, and perhaps where she is now.

I have read that the dogs did not pick up Smiley or Aziel's scent at the house that said he heard knocking at 1 AM. I also read that RS went back to their house to get items that had their scent. I am wondering if he brought items that really had their scent. The dogs should have hit on something down on the beach, but I haven't heard if they did.

Attachments

My question now is, "where were his two children?" It was a Saturday, and it was supposed to be a "family" activity.

Just wondering.

A family activity? Where did you get that from? The training is for leaders only. One of the mottos in scouting is "Scouting is a Family Activity", but not this training session.

Could his children have been with their mother?

[/I][/B]

BBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZFw6V_FmQ

In this interview he says he was at a training session for the Outdoor Experience. (I read and heard him say this elsewhere, too... this was first I found on a search)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA Shantina Smiley,29, & Azriel Carver,8, car fnd near Olympia 14-Mar-10 #3

Check out the calendar for the scout training:

https://www.doubleknot.com/openrosters/Calendar.asp?orgkey=129

8:00AM/4:00PM Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience

https://www.doubleknot.com/registration/calendardetail.asp?ActivityKey=650212

Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience
Description: Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience

Start Date/Time: 3/13/2010 8:00:00 AM

End Date/Time:3/13/2010 4:00:00 PM

The other on the calendar was a 2 day camp starting on Friday afternoon.

Description: Adult Leader Outdoor Skills Course -

Start Date/Time: 3/12/2010 4:30:00 PM

End Date/Time:3/13/2010 6:00:00 PM

I had Cub Scout Training that was planned to finish at 6:30

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...ns.com/+robb+simmons&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

My other post with questions regarding this particular interview:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA WA- Shantina Smiley,29, & son Azriel Carver,8, car found near Olympia 14-Mar-10

Of course I now know the training was scheduled to end at 4:00 pm, so it makes sense she'd call him at that time.

In this interview he says he was at a training session for the Outdoor Experience. (I read and heard him say this elsewhere, too... this was first I found on a search)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA Shantina Smiley,29, & Azriel Carver,8, car fnd near Olympia 14-Mar-10 #3

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...ns.com/+robb+simmons&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA WA- Shantina Smiley,29, & son Azriel Carver,8, car found near Olympia 14-Mar-10

Of course I now know the training was scheduled to end at 4:00 pm, so it makes sense she'd call him at that time.

Both training classes pertain to outdoor skills:

Maybe he said the wrong name of the training, under stress from his fiance missing. We really don't know for sure which one he attended.

Damn, those are stairs? It looks like long pieces of wood not stairs, but ok.

I can't imagine anyone climbing those things in the dark. And that's the house that heard the knock on the garage? Sorry, I'm confused a little with all the links to different houses and parts of the beach. TIA

It looks like a drainage deal to me. It's too straight IMO.

Why would she go to all of that trouble if she could have walked up the path she drove down just a couple hundred feet to the house?

I was just wondering if anyone had seen this. This is just FYI. Robb Simmon's Wordpress page states that on March 6, 2010, he took Shantina on a trip on his bike through south Washington & Oregon which included many stops including one to a winery where they according his post did wine tasting & where he even laments not having the room on his bike to bring home a bottle. Among the things you will see on this page also is a picture of Shantina eating pizza from Pete's Pizza & in that photo is a table before her w/ among other things pizza and beer on it. If we put this trip into the context of the time during which he says she "relapsed," it would seem that this very trip could have been that occasion. He removed this particular entry from his blog shortly after they found Azriel's body. But it is still available through internet cache at this address:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...immons.wordpress.com&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
The beer & pizza scene at Pete's:
img_2868.jpg

The winery:
img_2967.jpg

Maybe he lied because he wasn't supposed to be going with her in the first place.

If the training was scheduled to end at 4 pm and they were planning on going together to visit her step-family, why would she call at 4:15 twice to tell him she was leaving town? And police said she didn't leave town until 5 pm, an hour after his training session ended. Why didn't she simply take him with her?

The more I think on this, the more I'm convinced she hadn't planned on having him go along.

He also said she'd contacted an ex in Castle Rock, wanting to come visit while she was there. RS doesn't strike me as the most confident person around. Maybe that is the reason she "relapsed" and he suddenly diagnosed himself as terminal.

My theory:

Things weren't as hunky-dory as he has claimed. She is planning to connect with people from her past, including her ex. Perhaps the ex was her primary reason for visiting Castle Rock... grandpa DID say she'd recently visited down there just a couple of weeks prior to this. She planned to go alone with her son. RS isn't happy, he's jealous, insecure, whatever. He comes up with this cancer "diagnosis" in an attempt to manipulate her into staying with him, to guilt her so to speak. If he's being honest about what she said in the call he received at 6:45, then she clearly believed him to still be at home.

That he was never supposed to be with her that weekend in Castle Rock fits together all those inconsistent statements he's made, and it also explains why he took off on a 2 hour trip not knowing the address of his destination. It would also explain her actions... I never felt she was truly "lost". By the time she started appearing in all these videos, she knew he was most likely in Castle Rock. I don't think she wanted to be there with RS, and started drinking and driving in circles to avoid having to confront him. It also explains why she'd call grandpa rather than step-family. Perhaps she DID decide to sleep it off in the Olympia area in an attempt to avoid that confrontation.

I have funny feelings abt him too. There is a huge gap of time btw when she supposedly left and when she arrived in Olympia. And what does it mean that he was hoping to "catch w/ them" on the road?

Both training classes pertain to outdoor skills:

Maybe he said the wrong name of the training, under stress from his fiance missing. We really don't know for sure which one he attended.

He was deeply involved in scouts. He wouldn't have made that error. In all the interviews he had he never said otherwise, and he was very detailed in his description of what happened. I don't believe he was supposed to have gone along in the first place (per my post above), and if that is the case, then everything else falls into place.

Maybe he lied because he wasn't supposed to be going with her in the first place.

If the training was scheduled to end at 4 pm and they were planning on going together to visit her step-family, why would she call at 4:15 twice to tell him she was leaving town? And police said she didn't leave town until 5 pm, an hour after his training session ended. Why didn't she simply take him with her?

The more I think on this, the more I'm convinced she hadn't planned on having him go along.

He also said she'd contacted an ex in Castle Rock, wanting to come visit while she was there. RS doesn't strike me as the most confident person around. Maybe that is the reason she "relapsed" and he suddenly diagnosed himself as terminal.

My theory:

Things weren't as hunky-dory as he has claimed. She is planning to connect with people from her past, including her ex. Perhaps the ex was her primary reason for visiting Castle Rock... grandpa DID say she'd recently visited down there just a couple of weeks prior to this. She planned to go alone with her son. RS isn't happy, he's jealous, insecure, whatever. He comes up with this cancer "diagnosis" in an attempt to manipulate her into staying with him, to guilt her so to speak. If he's being honest about what she said in the call he received at 6:45, then she clearly believed him to still be at home.

That he was never supposed to be with her that weekend in Castle Rock fits together all those inconsistent statements he's made, and it also explains why he took off on a 2 hour trip not knowing the address of his destination. It would also explain her actions... I never felt she was truly "lost". By the time she started appearing in all these videos, she knew he was most likely in Castle Rock. I don't think she wanted to be there with RS, and started drinking and driving in circles to avoid having to confront him. It also explains why she'd call grandpa rather than step-family. Perhaps she DID decide to sleep it off in the Olympia area in an attempt to avoid that confrontation.

Calliope: I thought I was the ONLY one who felt this way. Thank you for making me feel not like a jerk for thinking this. Please see the wordpress page, too. And there you will find that that this man's photography interest & reason for his bike purchase was to explore this area in detail and navigate down nooks and crannies like the one her vehicle was found in. I believe you are on to something. I also believe he was her enabler & that his reason for enabling her to get f-ed up was b/c he wanted to control her. MHO--just the feeling that I get. His page that listed his activities for that day sounded more like an alibi than a missing persons help cry.

He was deeply involved in scouts. He wouldn't have made that error. In all the interviews he had he never said otherwise, and he was very detailed in his description of what happened. I don't believe he was supposed to have gone along in the first place (per my post above), and if that is the case, then everything else falls into place.

Calliope, isn't it also weird that the two phone calls where he says they talked must have happened back to back but that one of them he is asking her to grab his charger & the other one she is supposedly asking him to bring her phone? And one more thing. Did you note that he said during the search the next day (that morning) he somehow got another charger (yet he didn't go home till much later that day)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky