WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calliope: I thought I was the ONLY one who felt this way. Thank you for making me feel not like a jerk for thinking this. Please see the wordpress page, too. And there you will find that that this man's photography interest & reason for his bike purchase was to explore this area in detail and navigate down nooks and crannies like the one her vehicle was found in. I believe you are on to something. I also believe he was her enabler & that his reason for enabling her to get f-ed up was b/c he wanted to control her. MHO--just the feeling that I get. His page that listed his activities for that day sounded more like an alibi than a missing persons help cry.

I think this is right on. I also think she didn't bring her cell phone on purpose. Maybe she only asked him to grab it when she knew he was coming.

But I definitely agree. Maybe things weren't so hot because of her relapse and other issues. They look like they were having a super time on their getaway. Looks like things went downhill from there. I can see her not wanting to have him go also if she had already been drinking or was planning to.

No, this is her ex husband that lived in Castle Rock. Mr. Smiley. She had emailed him she wanted to see him on her trip to see her step dad. He was expecting her. He was really emotional in a video they took. I think Robb prob knew they were going to see each other. I don't know why but my gut tells me he was jealous and desperate. Maybe the whole cancer thing has something to do w/ why I feel that way

I think you nailed it here in saying he may have known SS was going to see the 'ex'. Maybe is he is jealous or controlling, or maybe SS wanted him there for support, really we have no idea and are just theorizing. My thought was maybe she felt she owed the 'ex' an apology for something in the past. Isn't there something in the AA 12 step's about owning up to one's past behavior? IIRC he was the petitioner in their divorce.

I may need some help on the timeframes here, but had she already left the first time they spoke on the phone? If so, how long was it since the time she left?

Most people, if not that far away (even a half an hour) likely would have turned around to get their cell phone if going on a trip like that with a little one.

I would have - even if I was alone. I would never go out on a 120 mile drive without it.

She meant not to take it IMO. Although, if it were me, I would have just said I couldn't find it when I spoke with him on the phone.

I think this is right on. I also think she didn't bring her cell phone on purpose. Maybe she only asked him to grab it when she knew he was coming.

But I definitely agree. Maybe things weren't so hot because of her relapse and other issues. They look like they were having a super time on their getaway. Looks like things went downhill from there. I can see her not wanting to have him go also if she had already been drinking or was planning to.

Please clue me in - how does this translate into her and the son drowning? Are you saying he murdered them? Guess I'm missing something! TIA

Please everyone - we are NOT supposed to sleuth minors in any any - it is against TOSS. The picture in post #284 & #285 by Floridaheather needs to be deleted. Here are the instructions how to delete your post.

Click on edit
change the check mark to 'delete this message'
delete

Sleuthing minors or puting a picture of a minor not associated with this case will get the thread shut down and we don't want that do we? TIA

The links get scrambled when they are quoted. If you go back to the original post the links should work.

They are not working from the original post, either.

We're Sorry.
The page you are looking for could not be found.

Page not found

Thank you for visiting The Olympian Online.
Unfortunately we are unable to locate the page you have requested.

I may need some help on the timeframes here, but had she already left the first time they spoke on the phone? If so, how long was it since the time she left?

Most people, if not that far away (even a half an hour) likely would have turned around to get their cell phone if going on a trip like that with a little one.

I would have - even if I was alone. I would never go out on a 120 mile drive without it.

She meant not to take it IMO. Although, if it were me, I would have just said I couldn't find it when I spoke with him on the phone.

His training was scheduled 8am - 4 pm. He claimed it wasn't supposed to end until 6:30, but that he finished "early" and got out at 4:30. He says she called him twice at 4:15 to tell him she was leaving. The police said they determined she left town around 5 pm. He says she called him at 6:45, and at that point he was within 10 miles of a destination where he didn't know the address. His description of that conversation clearly indicates she expected he was still at home. In this call, he says she told him she had stopped off briefly in Olympia off the interstate. He also said in one of his interviews that when she left the road (for food or bathroom or whatever) that she would do what she had to do and get back on the road. I truly don't believe she intended for him to go with her on this trip. It's the only scenario that makes all the pieces fit, and explains his statements and her actions.

They are not working from the original post, either.

Yeah, I just scrolled back to the original and checked.

More than likely they were copy/pasted and they copy and pasted the shortened version that shows in a post. (the forum "shrinks" the links) so they fit on one length of the post.

Instead of right clicking on the link, choosing copy link location and pasting that into the new post.

I see where he says he was sampling the wine. I don't see where it indicates she was.

What I see in that blog post is one picture where there's a mug of beer on the table in front of her.

No pictures of her drinking. Nothing written about her drinking.

Personally, I prefer to stick with facts.

True.

No proof she was drinking during her ride around Olympia either.

Do not link to twitters or FB or anything else unless the person is a suspect or a victm. NEVER link to any kind of social media belonging to a minor.
Do not link or post pictures of minors unless they are missing

UNLESS A PICTURE IS FROM YOUR HOME COLLECTION ALWAYS INCLUDE A LINK TO THE SOURCE OF THE PICTURE

Please DO NOT SLEUTH MINORS. DO NOT POST PICTURES OF MINORS.

Think if these were your kids being sleuthed and discussed on a public website.

ONLY IF IDENTIFIED BY LE then we can look at sleuthing them but it is rare that we ever do.

I do not want to give time outs or start banning but I will if that is the only way to get your attention.

Thank you in advance for understanding.
Tricia

OKay folks. We are a victim friendly forum. At this point, the fiance has lost his fiance and is considered a victim of the crime.
Please do not post private or personal information about him or any other family members. If this changes or anyone in her family becomes the target of the investigation this will change. But for now leave you can of course discuss any information that family members and friends have shared but please do not post or link their personal information or link to their social media.
Thanks.

Please DO NOT SLEUTH MINORS. DO NOT POST PICTURES OF MINORS.

Think if these were your kids being sleuthed and discussed on a public website.

ONLY IF IDENTIFIED BY LE then we can look at sleuthing them but it is rare that we ever do.

I do not want to give time outs or start banning but I will if that is the only way to get your attention.

Thank you in advance for understanding.
Tricia

Point of clarification:
Okay, I have been around the WS forums for awhile.
But,
in this thread, early on,
the fiance's daughter was tweeting updates.
In this instance,
we would NOT provide a link to her tweet page?
Correct?

And I won't do it again.

Has it been determined the two shoes found were actualy being worn by the two victims?

Shoes showing up that quickly on a beach so close would tell me, if they were wearing them, that they drown at the same time.

I would also like to know the water temp, if anyone knows.

Has it been determined the two shoes found were actualy being worn by the two victims?

Shoes showing up that quickly on a beach so close would tell me, if they were wearing them, that they drown at the same time.

I would also like to know the water temp, if anyone knows.

Most likely by kicking them off while treading water :(

Mel

Please clue me in - how does this translate into her and the son drowning? Are you saying he murdered them? Guess I'm missing something! TIA

No, not at all. I just think for some reason she didn't plan on going to Castle Rock right away. I don't know the agenda, but I think that she didn't intend to go and especially not meet RS there.

A lot of alcoholics will do that - make excuses to not be around people they know when they want to binge drink. Although, I guess her son was used to seeing her doing it, at least in the past. But I think she wanted to be off the radar for the night or just temporarily and didn't bring her phone so she had an excuse for not being available to reach. I think she intended to go, but got caught up in the drinking aspect of things and kept procrastinating.

Most likely by kicking them off while treading water :(

Mel

I think they were probably already off, especially the son's. He was probably dozing. Heck, my kids take their shoes off in the car if we're driving across town... As for Shantina, she could've taken hers off if she stopped to rest.

I have a feeling that this was a place she used to hang at when she was younger (unless they were driven there by someone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor