WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickin' nits here, but I imagine most residents knew that JB was a stay-at-home mom. With her OCD in full swing, I think it's also quite a reasonable assumption that she was cleaning/vacuuming a lot over the course of the day.

What's interesting though is the fact that the condo has hardwood floors.

ISxqx8kpb51rj7.jpg

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10047-Main-St-APT-319-Bellevue-WA-98004/58380785_zpid/

Julia had photos on her Flickr account that showed carpeting in her living room.

I've sold a lot of condo's, seen many sets of rules and regulations. I have never seen one specify during which hours residents could vacuum.

The CCRS for the condo can be found here:

http://146.129.54.93:8193/imgcache/OPR20000815001926-1-61.pdf

on page 12 - there is a "Quiet Enjoymnet" clause
:No owners shall permit anything to be done or kept in the owner's unit, limited common elements or common elements which would interfere with the right of quiet enjoyment of the other residents of the condomniumum.

it goes on stating sound systems

perhaps this is the clause the HOA used

:No owners shall permit anything to be done or kept in the owner's unit, limited common elements or common elements which would interfere with the right of quiet enjoyment of the other residents of the condomniumum.

I'm sure this is the clause they used. Excessive noise, or quiet enjoyment could be interpreted in different ways. If the floors were all pergo, it is possible vacuuming in a unit with little furniture would cause an echo that could be loud and disturbing to neighbors.

ETA: Never mind, I see the condo had carpet.

..it's quite possible the neighbour was just tired of hearing the non stop vaccuum-----so made the complaint as soon as she exceeded the 11 p.m. noise 'curfew'.

..in his declaration, solomon states that she would vacuum every room , even those not in use, over and over for at least an hour--------twice a day.

..the lines had to be perfect, or she'd start over...

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Decl+of+Solomon+Metalwala.pdf
--solomon metalwala Declaration---

Also, I personally think the the whole sugar daddy deal was an attempt for Julia to be able to continue to engage in her rituals, without having to work. My mom was on disability for years bc it would have been virtually impossible for her to work outside of the home. I believe Julia couldn't take that route bc doing so would have made it necessary to admit she was ill, something that may have impacted the custody case.

I fully agree

I've sold a lot of condo's, seen many sets of rules and regulations. I have never seen one specify during which hours residents could vacuum.

I've lived in ones that had rules against (among other things): singing, playing an instrument, running washers or dryers or dishwashers and vacuuming, after 10pm

Whatever it was, it was about $$. She was willing to give up close to 2000.00 a month in child and spousal support for it. I suspect a sugar daddy.

The article says "In an attempt to regain sole custody, Biryukova offered to absolve her ex-husband of more than $2,000 in child and spousal support if she could take the children to Scottsdale, Ariz. He declined the offer."

Is that what he paid a month? I was thinking she was willing to absolve $2k in arrearages

I do not mean to be argumentative, and it seems clear to me that you are perhaps quite angry at this situation. We are all sore about it.

But to be fair, with an attempt at some sort of neutrality,

1) We do NOT KNOW that she is a "proven" liar. I believe at this juncture that it's merely an educated guess on our part. If she were a "proven" liar, as you say, then she would be arrested by now. I firmly believe that she is NOT a 'proven' liar.
2) At this point, we do not know the full story as to any alleged abuse, tho I agree that if she alleged that Dad was an abuser, then she would not be in her right mind to choose him for physical custody over other temporary custody (CPS). Here's the other notion about that situation tho ...where did that info come from? HIS atty? Hardly neutral. I have seen no MSM documentation, so...

3) In regard to, "history of proven mental illness and web of lies" As of today, I have only essentially heresy of any mental illness, based, yet again primarily on SM's declaration (which most of us find to be credible) -there have been allusions to other instances of documentation, but nothing that I have seen with my own eyes. In other words, I have seen no independent, neutral reports whatsoever that, "prove" a history of mental illness, or even lies. If we were to try to take a neutral stance, we would be hard pressed, I believe -given that we have not seen any declarations from her side.

We do not know for a fact that she is a "proven liar" -it is, at least in my mind mere rational speculation and educated guesses and hypothesis. It is true that what she says defies logic and common sense. But, how exactly do we define, "FACT?" That said, a lot of what opinions are based on, and I admit that mine are too, are on Solomon's declaration. However, keep in mind, that this is not FACT. This is his viewpoint. And one that he declared under oath. Which carries some weight, I believe Surely we have determined it to be credible based on a number of factors. But, keep in mind that we have NOT see Julia's declarations regarding the situation.

At this point, we can either try to keep fitting her into our ideas as to what "must have happened" given the mere FACTOIDS that we know, or perhaps... keep stretching the imagination to sleuth out and include other possibilities as new information comes forward. FTR, at this juncture and base on the facts and factoids that i have seen, I do believe that she is behind the see-kreeting of Sky. I am at the same time trying to open up to other options, albeit not coming up with much:-(

I agree with others. Julia is a proven liar. She stated the car ran out of gas. Not only was it found with 2.2 gallons of gas, but investigators found no mechanical problems whatsoever.

The police state she has admitted to abandoning Sky on the side of the road in an unlocked car. They state she had admitted to leaving the kids alone for long periods at other times as well. They have not arrested her yet for that even though those are criminal acts. They state they are more concerned with doing what they can to solve Sky's disappearance first and then they will look into criminal charges for what she has admitted to.

They won't arrest her for an admitted crime. Why would they thus arrest her for a "lie"?

sorry if i keep bringing this up, but does anyone else find it curious that according to court documents, solomon also left his children home alone as well? would this have been the reason why cps and the judge denied solomon custody of M?

It does not appear so. It appears he was denied custody when Julia convinced the court (not CPS) that Solomon was a domestic abuser and possible child abuser as well.

I scanned it, even quoted from it, but missed it. :blushing: Thank you! Unfortunately I think this may be a wait and see ourselves scenario. I really wish we had access to the court documents and not just the docket.

Anyone can access that part of the docket which is not sealed. But, it costs money, probably about 25 cents per page. I am not willing to pay for that but if anyone is, please contact me so that I can clue you in as to what documents are important and which ones are not worth copying. I can tell whether one is just a notice versus something that may contain testimony or discussions of evidence, by the titles.

I'm glad more details are coming out about both of them. IMO, Sky and his sister are the only victims here. Sky more so because he's missing.

No, for now, Solomon is a victim here as well. That has been confirmed on this thread.

Not much new this a.m., but I did find this tidbit:

I'm not sure which one was questioned, SO or Grandma S.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Biryukova-relatives-in-Ukraine-134364563.html

SO appears to be the person who picked Julia up from the side of the road, called 911 when Sky was not found in the car and was later polygraphed about the case.

I'm assuming it was SO who wrote the above since she put a picture from her Flickr account onto JB's.

That shows other photos from Julia's Flikr "friends".

Not sure if everyone has listened to this radio interview yet -- it's SM and his attorney. Really telling stuff in this interview; I found it very interesting. It goes through the details of that epic mediation session as well as some of JB's history and the history of her (unfounded) charges against SM. It appears SM and his attorney are filing a lawsuit against the commissioner who handled JB and SM's case....interesting.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=36125&p=&n=AudioClip

..it's quite possible the neighbour was just tired of hearing the non stop vaccuum-----so made the complaint as soon as she exceeded the 11 p.m. noise 'curfew'.

..in his declaration, solomon states that she would vacuum every room , even those not in use, over and over for at least an hour--------twice a day.

..the lines had to be perfect, or she'd start over...

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Decl+of+Solomon+Metalwala.pdf
--solomon metalwala Declaration---

BBM

That in itself would be enough to force the neighbors to make a complaint. It is way above and beyond normal housekeeping.

:maddening:

MOO

Not sure if everyone has listened to this radio interview yet -- it's SM and his attorney. Really telling stuff in this interview; I found it very interesting. It goes through the details of that epic mediation session as well as some of JB's history and the history of her (unfounded) charges against SM. It appears SM and his attorney are filing a lawsuit against the commissioner who handled JB and SM's case....interesting.

------on the previous thread #12----beginning at post # 283----"ingra1327" transcribed that entire radio interview!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #12

I do not mean to be argumentative, and it seems clear to me that you are perhaps quite angry at this situation. We are all sore about it.

But to be fair, with an attempt at some sort of neutrality,

1) We do NOT KNOW that she is a "proven" liar. I believe at this juncture that it's merely an educated guess on our part. If she were a "proven" liar, as you say, then she would be arrested by now. I firmly believe that she is NOT a 'proven' liar.
2) At this point, we do not know the full story as to any alleged abuse, tho I agree that if she alleged that Dad was an abuser, then she would not be in her right mind to choose him for physical custody over other temporary custody (CPS). Here's the other notion about that situation tho ...where did that info come from? HIS atty? Hardly neutral. I have seen no MSM documentation, so...

3) In regard to, "history of proven mental illness and web of lies" As of today, I have only essentially heresy of any mental illness, based, yet again primarily on SM's declaration (which most of us find to be credible) -there have been allusions to other instances of documentation, but nothing that I have seen with my own eyes. In other words, I have seen no independent, neutral reports whatsoever that, "prove" a history of mental illness, or even lies. If we were to try to take a neutral stance, we would be hard pressed, I believe -given that we have not seen any declarations from her side.

We do not know for a fact that she is a "proven liar" -it is, at least in my mind mere rational speculation and educated guesses and hypothesis. It is true that what she says defies logic and common sense. But, how exactly do we define, "FACT?" That said, a lot of what opinions are based on, and I admit that mine are too, are on Solomon's declaration. However, keep in mind, that this is not FACT. This is his viewpoint. And one that he declared under oath. Which carries some weight, I believe Surely we have determined it to be credible based on a number of factors. But, keep in mind that we have NOT see Julia's declarations regarding the situation.

At this point, we can either try to keep fitting her into our ideas as to what "must have happened" given the mere FACTOIDS that we know, or perhaps... keep stretching the imagination to sleuth out and include other possibilities as new information comes forward. FTR, at this juncture and base on the facts and factoids that i have seen, I do believe that she is behind the see-kreeting of Sky. I am at the same time trying to open up to other options, albeit not coming up with much:-(
Bumping this.excellent post!!!

I believe in my own oppinion a lot of her nutty behavior was due to.the fact she was.medicated. I've studied numerous effects of psychotropic drugs in.college and in many cases the thoughts of suicide and irrational thinking come AFTER the patient is medicated. Ie: Susan smith...Andrea gates...columbine high kids...etc and many many more. I think she got nutty when put on these meds pp even though she obviously has issues it did not mean that she coached her child. The lady in the church even heard m talking about the fathers abuse. Why can't some posters except.the.fact that just maybe SM did.abuse.her and the kids. And yes it has been stated his second poly was inconclusive and that is why he does not.want to discuss it I'm willing to bet. I'll have to.find the link when I get home can't do it on this phone.

I don't believe SM took sky but I do believe mom either gave him to someone for safe keeping or sold him. I don't believe she killed him and I also think the other poster is.right about the sex abuse claim no mom would ask for.her to.go.with the dad if he sexually abused the daughter. I think maybe.she was saying anything she.could to make.sure SM could not.go.near.the.kids. but I do believe that m was.tellin.g the.truth about the.abuse and not.coached. I couldn't bring myself to watch the exchange vid as it is too painful and reminds me of something that happened to my kids but reading the transcript its obvious to me who.m wanted to be with.

Anyway I digress... The above post says it all we don't know all the facts and as they come out I'm wondering how people will then feel about SM. :twocents:

I believe in my own oppinion a lot of her nutty behavior was due to.the fact she was.medicated. I've studied numerous effects of psychotropic drugs in.college and in many cases the thoughts of suicide and irrational thinking come AFTER the patient is medicated. Ie: Susan smith...Andrea gates...columbine high kids...etc and many many more. I think she got nutty when put on these meds pp even though she obviously has issues it did not mean that she coached her child. The lady in the church even heard m talking about the fathers abuse. Why can't some posters except.the.fact that just maybe SM did.abuse.her and the kids. And yes it has been stated his second poly was inconclusive and that is why he does not.want to discuss it I'm willing to bet. I'll have to.find the link when I get home can't do it on this phone.

I don't believe SM took sky but I do believe mom either gave him to someone for safe keeping or sold him. I don't believe she killed him and I also think the other poster is.right about the sex abuse claim no mom would ask for.her to.go.with the dad if he sexually abused the daughter. I think maybe.she was saying anything she.could to make.sure SM could not.go.near.the.kids. but I do believe that m was.tellin.g the.truth about the.abuse and not.coached. I couldn't bring myself to watch the exchange vid as it is too painful and reminds me of something that happened to my kids but reading the transcript its obvious to me who.m wanted to be with.

Anyway I digress... The above post says it all we don't know all the facts and as they come out I'm wondering how people will then feel about SM. :twocents:

IIRC the suicidal ideation was before the inpatient stay and before the meds. Don't know if she was on meds in Russia when she had ECT tx.

I don't believe SM took sky but I do believe mom either gave him to someone for safe keeping or sold him.

Question: What makes you believe this? Is there evidence that makes you believe she did not kill the child or is it just gut feeling?

I guess I lean on the side of occams razor- simplest explanation is usually the truth - and to me, the simplest explanation is that she either killed Sky, or that she neglected him so much that he died, because she was busy vaccumming. I see lots of evidence that Julia was dangerous to herself and the children, and lots of evidence of mental health issues that could cause her to injure the child. Imagine a scenario where the child screwed up the vaccuum cleaner lines in the carpet. Or imagine a scenari where Julia didn't feed the children for days.

I see no evidence or motivation for her to give him to someone for safe keeping, especially since there was no one to keep him safe from. SM wasnt' a danger - who was? JB was.

Well for 55 mins. It seems like they just were not bothered

Not sure.. and a bit off topic but I wonder if its common practice for Russians or Ukraine peoples to.leave their kids alone in cars or.something... I saw a lady at my store leave her thirteen month old in car while I.waited outside in cold weather with the baby my coworkers found the mom ....I went off on her and she was acting like it was no big deal I jotted down her license plate called food and they did nothing because.they were like well if she left the lot there's nothing we can do so "call us if she does it again" I was pissed. The baby was in the car for at least twentyfive minutes.
I see the same mom shop here all the time and she now has the baby with her all the time I guess my telling her off affected.her.

quite frankly, whether SM abused her or not is not something we are going to proove here and it gets us no closer to finding Sky attempting to IMO.

There are only a few things I am comfortable calling a fact.

Fact: JB claims to have left her sick toddler alone in a vehicle that was purportedly out of gas and claims to have been gone for at least an hour.

Fact: JB and SM were charged with leaving Sky alone in a vehicle while they shopped when he was an infant and had to satisfy the courts they undestood that was not a good thing.

Fact: JB has admitted that she has continued to leave the children unsupervised at times.

Fact: LE has stated the car was not disabled, was not out of gas, and started and ran perfectly when they arrived.

Fact: SM hasn't had access to his son for a very long time.

Fact: JB's story does not check out.

------on the previous thread #12----beginning at post # 283----"ingra1327" transcribed that entire radio interview!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #12

Thanks. But I don't remember hearing about the lawsuit against the commissioner. I only read Ingra's fabulous transcripts, though. I didn't listen!

On another subject, I just wanted to clear something up about CPS because I sense a bit of confusion.

CPS is a governmental agency that has the power to investigate claims of abuse or neglect and to remove children from homes in the event such claims seem substantiated.

But they only have the power to remove kids until the courts have a hearing on the matter.

They are similar to the police. The police can arrest someone on suspicion of a crime but the police do not try that person, determine their guilt or innocence or sentence them.

So, after CPS removes a child, there is a hearing in juvenile dependency court, unless CPS determines that their is an on-going family law case (or probate case) and someone involved with the children goes to court to seek a change in custody or a guardianship that satisfies CPS's concerns. They would then release the child to that person(s) and there would be no court hearing in juvenile dependency court.

But if such a case is not on-going or cannot be filed quickly, whenever a child is removed by CPS, there is a hearing in juvenile dependency court to determine whether continued custody by the state is appropriate and if so, where the child should be placed - either foster care or with an approved relative or other person.

After that, there are multiple hearings to determine whether reunification should occur, whether a different placement is necessary, etc. But at that point, the case is in the hands of the court and CPS only acts in an advisory capacity. Technically, their recommendations at that point are to be given no greater weight than any other witness (although they are).

CPS has the power to remove a child from a home or CLOSE ITS CASE if, once a child removed from a home by CPS is placed elsewhere via court orders in a family law or probate court proceeding, before a hearing in juvenile dependency court can be held to determine whether on-going state custody is appropriate.

CPS does not have the power to determine who is granted custody of a child, past initial, emergency placements, or to issue restraining orders or to prevent a child from being placed with certain parties, whether they were the accused or not, once juvenile dependency court commences its proceedings. CPS does not have the power to keep a child in state custody. They are, in fact, an investigative body only, really, that issues recommendations to the police and to the courts.

In this case, CPS was involved many times. It appears, from declarations and news reports, that CPS was called when Julia was hospitalized, due to, possibly, mandatory reporting because of statements that food was not allowed in the home. However, at that point, Solomon asserted that he made other arrangements to make sure the kids were fed, and they apparently closed their case.

On another occasion, CPS and LE were involved due to allegations on the part of Julia. However, Solomon and his attorney state that after questioning him, investigating and issuing polygraphs, they closed their case as "unfounded" or "inconclusive" and no further action by CPS or LE was taken.

Even if that is the case, however, a court in a different jurisdiction, like family law court or probate court (some states use probate court for guardianships of minor children), can still make decisions as to child custody based on allegations that were deemed inconclusive or unfounded by CPS. The court can reexamine the allegations and determine that there exists enough there to change custody. That is because the standard followed by the court in family law and guardianship cases is different than what is followed by CPS or juvenile dependency court.

Let me give you an example. I had a case where the mother put bruises on her daughter's arms. CPS investigated and found the case to be "Inconclusive" even though the child stated her mom hurt her. They offered voluntary services and closed their case when mom did not accept. I went into family law court and based on those facts, obtained a change of custody. "Best interest of the child" is the standard in CA in family law cases while something akin to "imminent harm" is the standard in juvenile dependency cases.

In any event, it appears clear that in this case, CPS never took the children into emergency placement until the very end, when SKY went missing and no juvenile dependency cases was opened on this family until then either. Their role has been investigatory and advisory only.

I hope that made sense and was somewhat helpful.

Interesting....there's corroboration of JB's OCD behaviors from people other than SM and medical professionals.

"The general manager of the Astoria at Meydenbauer Bay Condominium Association, issued the couple a notice on June 29, 2009 stating they were in violation of noise regulations.

The notice stated that other residents were disturbed by vacuuming noise inside the couple’s unit between 11-11:20 p.m. on June 27, 2009. This was their third citation, adding up to $300.

Those around the couple had conflicting views of Biryukova’s condition, including her own psychiatrists.

Her first psychiatrist put Biryukova on anti-depressants during her pregnancy with Sky, despite her objections.
O
In court documents, Biryukova argued that her psychiatrist had a “history of prescribing powerful psychiatric medications to people who do not require them.”

Biryukova was also committed three times, twice involuntarily, for her mental-health issues."

Quote from: http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134429073.html

I vacuum the living almost daily....sometimes twice a day. Does this make me
OCD ???? I do have two really hyper messy kids lol.

Thanks. But I don't remember hearing about the lawsuit against the commissioner. I only read Ingra's fabulous transcripts, though. I didn't listen!

..apologies "gitana".

..there were 2 radio interviews-------this one talks about the pending lawsuit against the commissioner.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=36139&p=&n=
Mark Cavener, executive director, Washington Domestic Violence Commission

Mon November 21, 2011
Mark Cavener says that a father, like Solomon Metalwala, has a "snowball's chance in hell" of getting custody of his kids. "Everything that should have led to Solomon having custody of the child --it was there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark1966