Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possible Sky sighting in Renton | Police blotter

A Puyallup man thought he saw Sky Metalwala, the 2-year-old boy missing for several weeks on the Eastside, at the IKEA store in Renton on Nov. 12.

http://www.rentonreporter.com/news/135477888.html

Sigh. I wish I could believe it but eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable and I question why the person waited so long to report the sighting and why LE is asking the eyewitness to get the surveillance tape themselves. Seems like LE isn't taking the "lead" very seriously or else they would pursue it to the ends of the earth.

I'm new to this site, so just learning how to use it, be patient with me everybody :)

I 1st saw this case on Nancy Grace, something just does not add up to me....where is this baby?? i myself have a 2 year old son and I would never leave him in a car by himself to walk and get gas...i'm def not accusing the mother of foul play but i am saying this, why leave a sick child in a car??? Haven't heard any news updates on Sky...he's a beautiful little boy and I'm praying for him!

My thought was that it looks like she is getting a newspaper.

Do you mean from a box? I previously considered whether she could be dropping off a letter or package into a FedEx drop box or something similar but I would have expected her right hand to be more underneath (where I'd expect the handle to be). I also would expect the box to be lower.

Attachments

I'm new to this site, so just learning how to use it, be patient with me everybody :)

I 1st saw this case on Nancy Grace, something just does not add up to me....where is this baby?? i myself have a 2 year old son and I would never leave him in a car by himself to walk and get gas...i'm def not accusing the mother of foul play but i am saying this, why leave a sick child in a car??? Haven't heard any news updates on Sky...he's a beautiful little boy and I'm praying for him!

Welcome!

Answers, in my opinion: He was never left in the car on that day. His mother killed him, and either tossed him in the woods or bagged him and sent him out with the trash -- probably some days before reporting him missing. No mother would leave a sick or healthy two year old to go get gas, and in any case she did not need gas.

Sadly, in my opinion this case is really simple. Which doesn't mean much. With no body there is no case, and the police are unlikely to even bother with a neglect charge as it might potentially interfere with a more serious charge later -- if better evidence ever surfaces.

Julia is going to get away with it, and based on the pro-mom bias we have seen from the state thus far, Simon is going to have to continue to fight to protect his daughter from this maniac. She might decide to abandon her daughter and walk away, but I doubt it -- that daughter is her meal ticket.

Welcome Officerswife! Great first post!

There are many of us here that came to this thread for that very reason. It is such an oxymoron to say your child disappeared while you had abandoned him on the way to seek emergent medical treatment! What??????

I think many of us feel the angst of what JB has communicated (or not) about concerns for little Sky. We are all feeling the need to fill in the huge hole of compassion and nurturing which appears to be the missing fundamental emotion we want to see emitted by his own Mother.

(ok - lets hear it for run on sentences!) you get my drift?

I was wondering if this picture could be an ariel view directly overhead of her at the bank teller's window?

Why is she standing sideways but upper body is turned toward the desk appearing thing?

her left leg appears to have some pixelating or something going on . . . . could it be that something was photoshopped before being released? (ie: a sack from TJ Maxx/Ross?)

I know posters have mentioned her pants and shoes are different than other photos but could she have changed with items in the sack she was carrying in the bank?

Could it be from where she was shopping prior to going to the bank that day?

Do you mean from a box? I previously considered whether she could be dropping off a letter or package into a FedEx drop box or something similar but I would have expected her right hand to be more underneath (where I'd expect the handle to be). I also would expect the box to be lower.

I thought it could be a newspaper box like that or maybe at the counter at a hotel where they usually have the morning paper, or maybe a post office. A lot of places here have those free newspapers right next to the door.

I am. I don't believe she ever left Sky alone in the car that day - I think he was murdered and "leaving" him to get gas was simply her cover story to claim abduction.

He has those old, soulful eyes, doesn't he? He's like our Caylee and Aliayah that way - wiser than he should have had to have been at his tender age.

I try to have faith that Julia Biryukova, Shawn Adkins/Billie Dunn, Jerice Shockley, Ralph and Lena Lunsford, D'Andre Lane, John Skelton, Elizabeth Johnson and Adam Baker will someday face justice for 'disappearing' their children. Admittedly that faith is tested continuously. Nice to meet you, officer's wife, and welcome to our forum. There is an awful lot of heartbreak here but relief when these children are found to be laid to rest with the dignity they deserve and sheer joy when the perpetrators are held responsible - as in the Emma Leigh Barker case - at least one coast got the verdict right. ;)

I am. I don't believe she ever left Sky alone in the car that day - I think he was murdered and "leaving" him to get gas was simply her cover story to claim abduction.

He has those old, soulful eyes, doesn't he? He's like our Caylee and Aliayah that way - wiser than he should have had to have been at his tender age.

I try to have faith that Julia Biryukova, Shawn Adkins/Billie Dunn, Jerice Shockley, Ralph and Lena Lunsford, D'Andre Lane, John Skelton, Elizabeth Johnson and Adam Baker will someday face justice for 'disappearing' their children. Admittedly that faith is tested continuously. Nice to meet you, officer's wife, and welcome to our forum. There is an awful lot of heartbreak here but relief when these children are found to be laid to rest with the dignity they deserve and sheer joy when the perpetrators are held responsible - as in the Emma Leigh Barker case - at least one coast got the verdict right. ;)

I SO wanted to hit the thanks" button twice! Or three times!

Or facing a libel, or slander or character defamation suit.

I don't think Solomon's hope rests on damaging his daughter or not. I don't know of any parent of any missing child, minor or adult child, which doesn't hold out hope until evidence exists to prove otherwise.

jmo

Oh, I'm not worried about any defamation suit. She'd have to prove that such a statement was a lie. She wouldn't dare touch that, IMO.

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

Nice to see you here, officer's wife!

YAY for your thoughts! We send many warm welcomes!! You've joined a dedicated and caring group of people, I do believe.

:welcome4:

I thought it could be a newspaper box like that or maybe at the counter at a hotel where they usually have the morning paper, or maybe a post office. A lot of places here have those free newspapers right next to the door.

I'm really glad we've revived the discussion on this last unsolved photo. I never considered something like a newspaper wall or box. That's intriguing -- thank you! It would also make sense with what I believe are sliding glass doors -- places like 7-11 and other convenience stores often have those newspaper and magazine racks right near the front door.

I really wish we could know if she's balacing her foot on something (the Ross bag, as previously mentioned?) or if she's in motion. I'm leaning towards not in motion as the rest of her body does not look in movement to me.

Do any locals on this board recognize this place? Could it be a convenience store near the Ross?

I fear if she is left alone, her OCD symptoms will be spiraling out of control as there is nothing there to distract her from her own inner demons right now. I could be way off but . . . I bet she will easily tire of the immaculate lines in the carpet and come up with new and improved ways to control/clean/calculate/count, etc.

I just wanted to jump off this post because it touches on something I've been wondering about.

I actually was wondering whether not having the kids with her could make her feel better. With her OCD and caring for litle kids, that's built-in stress, and things could feel easier for her now.

We know she had an unhealthy connection with Miss M, maybe an obsession with her, but a lot of that was based on control. Now that Miss M is out of her hands, J's attention could be re-directed.

If she's still living with her brother, I wouldn't be surprised if that relationship has assumed a whole new importance for her. Remember how she used to control her children's sleeping patterns, and she controlled SM by limiting his movements in the house and not allowing him use of the bathroom. Now she only has her brother (if she's still there with him) so I really really really wonder how that's working out.

Losing the kids might have been traumatic for her, but I'm guessing she has re-focused her control issues on other targets. We saw her online activities and now those are limited, too. So what is she "controlling" now? I wonder if LE is hoping she will focus on the case, try to "fix" something, putter and fiddle. That's probably what she was doing with the pictures. So I wonder where she's putting her effort lately?

I don't really have a point. Just thinking out loud.

I'm really glad we've revived the discussion on this last unsolved photo. I never considered something like a newspaper wall or box. That's intriguing -- thank you! It would also make sense with what I believe are sliding glass doors -- places like 7-11 and other convenience stores often have those newspaper and magazine racks right near the front door.

I really wish we could know if she's balacing her foot on something (the Ross bag, as previously mentioned?) or if she's in motion. I'm leaning towards not in motion as the rest of her body does not look in movement to me.

Do any locals on this board recognize this place? Could it be a convenience store near the Ross?

I am glad that the conversation is going...but I still see nothing about the Arizona connection. How to uncover?

I also don't understand why it's important to identify the surveillance pic location. Anyone? The police know where it's from. What good is it if we know? Please enlighten me!

So my best guess on that photo is totally diff from yours, red head. I am not, "seeing" the curb lines, and other stuff you describe.
-I believe she is in in motion, entering a food market of some sort, and is in the outer entrance part where shopping carts are located -given the flooring I do not think she is inside the main store.
-not a sliding door, but glass window to right, and door with wooden push bar on left hand side.
-I think she's reading a "special deals" flier, heading towards her left to get a cart.
-It's a different day than Ross, due to hairstyle and shoes.
She looks more relaxed, imo, than in the other pics. Much more relaxed than the bank/Ross pictures. I wonder which one was taken first, and on what days...ie. the relaxed looking pic might be before anything bad happened, so what was that date?

One thing ya'all could do would be to post that pic on your FB wall, and ask your friends an open question about what the picture shows...lol

Once again, the the most noteworthy thing I notice in all these surveillance pictures is what we DON'T see -the children.

... the the most noteworthy thing I notice in all these surveillance pictures is what we DON'T see - the children.

This has stood out more than anything with me also. Given her reclusive nature, and having heard no mention of child care previously, I have been wondering where the children were when these surveillance pictures were taken.

The mom's silence speaks louder than anything.

Just my :twocents:

This has stood out more than anything with me also. Given her reclusive nature, and having heard no mention of child care previously, I have been wondering where the children were when these surveillance pictures were taken.

Nice to have you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo::welcome4::woohoo:

I know this is a longshot, but if we had someone who lived close by to either the missing site or the shops nearby where she lived maybe they could see if any matched the interior.

Also is it worth narrowing down the shops it could be and seeing is there is any nearby her appartment, also seeing if they have webpages?. I know its a longshot.

I think she left them alone alot of the time. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members