Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtMale 40-65, 362UMWA, 3 tattoos: Snake, Eagle, snake w/trees & panther/wolf, Jul'89 - Clifford Wayne Bippes

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw Carl's new depiction on FB and someone mentioned one of the tattoos or part of it being a wolf and possibly related to a 'hell hound' urban legend of New Jersey. Taking off from that, I started searching missing men from there. I came across this guy and particular the nose, missing teeth on the NAMUS skull, and a scarring on the chin of the skull matching up with the description of the missing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/737

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dubarry_edward.html

Let me know what y'all think.

just jen super
good find!! looks like him and a scar on chin!!!

img_939[1].jpeg28947ffc-0b4b-4642-b0af-73d8390d06d0[1].jpg

I saw Carl's new depiction on FB and someone mentioned one of the tattoos or part of it being a wolf and possibly related to a 'hell hound' urban legend of New Jersey. Taking off from that, I started searching missing men from there. I came across this guy and particular the nose, missing teeth on the NAMUS skull, and a scarring on the chin of the skull matching up with the description of the missing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/737

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dubarry_edward.html

Let me know what y'all think.

I had come across this guy tonight and thought about the tattooed guy.. He went missing in 1993 enough time to get tattooed if he did not have any when he went missing
NAT_874_1[1].jpg28947ffc-0b4b-4642-b0af-73d8390d06d0[1].jpg

http://www.missingin.org/reg699/douglas_edward_defoe.htm

Last seen alive: August 13, 1993

Circumstances: Unknown. Douglas was last seen at approximately 9:00pm at his residence in the vicinity of the 1600 block of Harbor Dr. in Springfield, OR.
First Name: Douglas Edward
Middle Name: Edward
Last Name: Defoe
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 30
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 68.0
Weight: 155.0
State: Oregon
County: Lane
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Brown, balding
Eye: Blue

carlrecon.jpgrecon1.jpgeagletattoo.jpgpanthertattoo.jpgsnaketattoo.jpg
Reconstructions of the victim by Carl Koppelman and D. Marion; victim's tattoos.

Date of Discovery: July 3, 1989
Location of Discovery: Spokane County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 1-3 weeks prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Undetermined; possible homicide
Estimated Age: 40-65 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'6-5'7"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: There were 3 tattoos noted.
Tattoo #1 was located on the right biceps region and was of a green, black and white appearing snake design.
Tattoo #2 was located on the right forearm and was of a snake, a tree branch with green leaves, and an animal head that is possibly a panther.
Tattoo #3 was located on the left forearm is an eagle, a portion of a treetop, and a mountain in the background.

Clothing: A pair of bluish-green slacks with an elastic waistband.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's body was unearthed by a bulldozer at a county dumpsite in the Northside landfill on July 3, 1989. An employee at the dump was moving dirt with A bulldozer and noted what he though to be a human leg in the debris. It is not known if this man came to the dump via a dump truck from another location but this is suspected. The location of the garbage being moved that day had been brought Into the dump 2-3 weeks prior.

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Investigating Agencies
Spokane Police Department: (509) 755-2489
Spokane County Medical Examiner
Elizabeth Nelson: 509-477-2296
Agency Case Number: 89-0001

8 Missing Person Exclusions
MP7290 Christopher Wells 12/16/1972 King WA
MP7493 Christopher Duffy 03/20/1985 Pierce WA
MP7547 David Hoober 01/07/1987 Pierce WA
MP1632 Francis Cantea 07/03/1975 Kitsap WA
MP1002 George Pooler 11/18/1988 Okanogan WA
MP6107 Matthew Garnes 12/26/1984 Pierce WA
MP13907 Ralph Newcombe 04/17/1989 King WA
MP7130 Ronald Kimble 04/12/1977 King WA

Found in the North side land fill.

Adult Caucasian male. Height estimated to be 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches. There were 3 tattoos noted. Tattoo #1 was located on the right biceps region and was of a green, black and white appearing snake design. Tattoo #2 was located on the right forearm and was of a snake, a tree branch with green leaves, and an animal head that is possibly a panther. Tattoo #3 was located on the left forearm is an eagle, a portion of a tree top, and a mountain in the background.
1656281529138.jpeg
1656281545739.jpeg
1656281572574.jpeg

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

I wonder if the mountain range itself has any significance in relation to where he was from. In reviewing the landscape of all mountain ranges, this one is very similar to the tattoo. (Banff, Alberta, Canada)

1677505365640.png

1677505404699.jpeg

1680154928557.png1680154959260.png

this is likely to be a long shot but would love to know where this man is...

Wanted by the FBI

UNLAWFUL FLIGHT TO AVOID PROSECUTION - MURDER

RICHARD LYNN BARE

Photograph of Richard Lynn Bare
Photograph taken in 1985​

Alias:Lynn Bare

DESCRIPTION

Date of Birth Used: July 6, 1964Hair:Brown
Place of Birth:Ashe County, North CarolinaEyes:Green
Height:5'8"Sex:Male
Weight:175 poundsRace:White
NCIC:W384693794Nationality:American
Scars and Marks:Bare may have a tattoo of a panther on his right forearm.
Remarks:Bare has ties to South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Florida.

CAUTION

Richard Lynn Bare has been wanted since 1985 when he escaped from the Wilkes County, North Carolina Jail where he was awaiting trial for murder. In 1984, the victim, a 24-year-old female friend, reportedly avoided sexual advances by Bare, and he allegedly threw her over a 1,200-foot cliff, an area known as the "Jumping Off Place", near the border of Wilkes County and Ashe County, in North Carolina.

In April of 1985, a Wilkes County, North Carolina Grand Jury indicted Bare for murder and he was subsequently arrested. Bare escaped and a state warrant was issued for his arrest in July of 1985. Additionally, Bare was charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and a federal arrest warrant was issued in December of 1985, by the United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina.

SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS PERSON, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE OR THE NEAREST AMERICAN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE.

Siignature of Robert S. Mueller, III

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
TELEPHONE: (202) 324-3000

| Charlotte Field Office | Violent Crimes - Murders | Featured Fugitives |
| FBI Home Page | FBI Field Offices |

@othram

Can you take a look at this one? Found in a landfill in Spokane, July 1989.

i know you were working with Spokane previously so you may already have information on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back