GUILTY WA - Summer Lytle, 4, tortured to death, Spokane, 10 March 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Somehow, I am having trouble mustering up any sympathy for him on his suicide watch. He knew damn well what was going on in that house, and even went out to smoke a cigarette after the bi#$# of a wife he had told him "I think I killed your daughter". God!!! I still get so angry over this case, I alternate between nausea and hatred. I wish they would BOTH die and go straight to Hell.

:clap::clap::clap:
I agree 100%.

Very disappointing and upseting revelations in this article regarding child death reviews in the states of WA, and especially, Idaho!

Deaths often unreviewed
Jonel Aleccia*
Published April 13, 2007

Outrage erupts every time a child dies by abuse – and the loss of Summer Phelps has been no different.

Since the death of the Spokane 4-year-old last month, cries have come from all quarters: letters to the editor, radio talk shows, even a YouTube post that simply screamed "Murder!"

Community members have demanded to know how such a thing could happen: How did a little girl wind up beaten and tortured in the heart of Spokane? Who was watching out for her? Why did Summer die?

But those seeking quick answers about Summer – and others – likely won't get them, at least not from the agencies charged with examining and recording child deaths in the Inland Northwest.

Underfunded and overwhelmed, the child death review systems in Washington and Idaho lag behind the rest of the nation, according to officials inside and outside the process.

In Washington, budget cuts, inconsistent reporting and the lack of statewide coordination have eroded what once was a robust program for monitoring about 750 child deaths each year.

"It was a very good system and we could have confidence in what we were looking at," said Mary Meinig, director of the Office of the Family and Children's Ombudsman, which conducts its own reviews. "Now we just don't have that confidence."

In Idaho, where about 200 children die each year, the review program was dissolved in 2003, making it the only state in the nation that doesn't attempt to examine what kills its children.

Much more:
http://spokesmanreview.com/ourkids/stories/?ID=184338

Does anyone know the exact nature of Summer's developmental delay?

I've been wondering this myself.

This case angers me so much!! Everytime I read something about it I have to force myself to calm down afterwards.

Somehow, I am having trouble mustering up any sympathy for him on his suicide watch. He knew damn well what was going on in that house, and even went out to smoke a cigarette after the bi#$# of a wife he had told him "I think I killed your daughter". God!!! I still get so angry over this case, I alternate between nausea and hatred. I wish they would BOTH die and go straight to Hell.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Childs_Death.html
WA officials received abuse reports for years in girl's case

(excerpt)
"She walks around with her hands in her pants and she says, 'Owie, owie'," a Poulsbo, Wash., day care provider said in a January 2006 report, noting that Summer, then 3, arrived with no coat, no socks and no underwear.
"When she is near water or if she gets water on her clothes, she cries and screams."
:(

I am SO SICK of hearing these stupid BS excuses that people come up wiht to try and explain this type of behaviour

Oh I was beaten and sexually abused and oh yeah, I'm on drugs too.

WHO GIVE A FLYING FU%&!!!! I mean, COME ON!!!!

In my opinion if you were a victim of sexual abuse when you were younger, that should make you NOT want to inflict it on another child!!! You know how it feels already!!!! I just DON'T understand it!!! What the hell is wrong with people??? A 4 year old child and you feel the need to violate her with a broomstick? OHMYGOD! There's a special place in prison and in hell for scum like this! That poor, beautiful little girl didn't stand a chance with the set of parents she had! And YES I blame her mother too! Sounds like little Summer was doomed from the start!

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Summer's mother supports abuse law:
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=10766

PORT TOWNSEND, Wash. – The mother of Summer Phelps spoke out about her daughter's death for the first time at a rally held to draw support for a proposed law that would increase child-abuse penalties nationwide.

"I'm hoping that coming out today will bring more awareness for Summer's sake," said Elizabeth Phelps of her 4-year-old daughter, who died in Spokane in March. Summer's father, Jonathan D. Lytle, 28, and stepmother, Adriana Lytle, 32, remain jailed on charges of homicide by abuse in connection with the incident Spokane officials have called the worst case of abuse they've seen.
The proposed legislation, called Taegen's Law by supporters, calls for capital punishment for convictions of first-degree child abuse resulting in death.

For the same crime in the fourth-degree, a 30-year sentence would be mandatory, with parole available after 15 years.

The law would cover first-degree child abuse, which would carry a 45-year sentence, down to fourth-degree child abuse, which could carry a 10-year sentence. (more at link)

**Most of the updates for this little girl are in the Spokesman Review. Most of the time I'm blocked because I'm not a paying subscriber! I wonder if anyone locally knows what is going on in this case and can update us. Spokesman Review::razz:

An update and one cached link:
Lytle's may face separate trials (they are blaming each other)
http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?s=7549786
But in separate trials the Lytles would be pitted against each other, and this new legal wedge driven between husband and wife will likely benefit the prosecution.
In a lot of criminal cases, a wife can claim spousal privilege and refuse to testify against her husband, or vice versa. However, in child abuse cases, there is no spousal privilege. The Lytles scheduled to stand trial January 28th.

Cached article about their last Christmas together :sick:
http://tinyurl.com/26ktjn
There is no sign of abusive behavior on the tape, but one of the presents Jon Lytle opened that Christmas morning was a dark belt with a silver buckle. It's the same belt police seized as evidence from Lytle. There were belt and buckle marks found on Summer Phelps during an autopsy.

Jon and Adriana Lytle remain in the Spokane County Jail, where both are facing charges of homicide by abuse. Their trial is expected to begin in January of 2008.

This little girl will always be in my heart. I hope they both rot in prison, and then in hell.

I wonder where they found the tape? It says an apartment resident. :confused:

I know, isn't that weird, JanetElaine? Maybe the resident went through their trash when the apt was cleaned out?

I thought that was strange about the tape too. The more I think about this case the more it breaks my heart.

The trial(s) was scheduled for January 28th. Did it start already?

I think it's been delayed till March? I might have the wrong trial in mind though...I'll have to check.

This reminds me of the evil stepmother of Cheyenne Eairheart who murdered her on December 20, 2006. I am so lucky that my stepmother was at lease decent to us. I cant imagine why these animals do this to these beautiful children. Sick they are, just pure sick and evil. May all child murders rot in hel_ :furious:

This really gets to me. Summer was the same age my daughter is now. :( Why do people treat children this way? What makes an adult think they have the right to do this to a small, defenseless child? :furious: :furious: I hope these two monsters rot in the bowels of hell. :furious:

I will NEVER understand this - NEVER!!!

God Bless you sweet Summer.

I can't find anything about the trial!! I wish someone local would let us know what's happening. The best source seems to be the Spokane Review, but IIRC they wanted payment to access their online news. :(

I gave up searching and wrote a KXLY reporter for info. They seem to have the best coverage when there is something new.

This video has some of the last Christmas video in it, and it's much clearer than the previous one I posted.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YywWu-2qn9o&feature=related
Summer is obviously speech-delayed because she can't get Merry Christmas out very well. She reminds me so much of my youngest that is non-verbal. The thought of what they did to her just kills me and makes me cry.

I hope they are getting beaten up and enjoying their prison time. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back