WA - Teen Sues State For Sending Her To Live With Sex Offender

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i disagree with her being allowed to be put with a know child rapist, i dont care who's faulit it is.
But they did not give custody to a know child rapist. The state should have said "custody but not until you have other living arrangements" But who knows, that may have been said. Common sense and good parenting would have told dad to move with his daughter. he was concerned enough about her living in squalor. i am sorry, I just do not hold the state responsible. Who is responsible if I decide to live with a RSO and he rapes my children? me and for allowing it and me for putting them in that situation and the SO.

What baffles me is that the teen said she was abused almost everyday for 10 years. How did this a-hole gain that much private access to her with both father and grandmother living in the house? Wouldn't there have been suspicions? You can't tell me that the grandmother's instincts wouldn't have kicked in somewhere KNOWING that he had abused before. In 10 years, there would have had to been something to make one suspicious. Seems to me there had to be a lot of looking the other way on the other adults' part.

If the father was living with the girl's grandpa, then it's rather obvious to me the child shouldn't have been placed with the father unless the father got his own place to live.

Intersting comment left after the article. They state that it was the grandmother who was the one wanting custody of the little girl because she wanted a girl. and she was the one who wrote some big checks to get it to happen. Also mentioned that the mother had another child, a half brother tp the girl and was pregnent with her third when she lost custody. If things really were so bad, then wouldn't all the children have been taken?
With hearing that the father had actually spoken out about his father being a convicted child molester I'm thinking the father may never have been the one trying to get custody and there could be some truth to this comment. If it is true, the grandmother should be locked up right along with her husband. So sad that this girl needed a hero and no one showed up.
I hope she's somehow able to heal and find peace.

VB

What baffles me is that the teen said she was abused almost everyday for 10 years. How did this a-hole gain that much private access to her with both father and grandmother living in the house? Wouldn't there have been suspicions? You can't tell me that the grandmother's instincts wouldn't have kicked in somewhere KNOWING that he had abused before. In 10 years, there would have had to been something to make one suspicious. Seems to me there had to be a lot of looking the other way on the other adults' part.
Obviously, the dad did not care. if he cared that much, he would have got their own place. He endangered his daughter, period.

Intersting comment left after the article. They state that it was the grandmother who was the one wanting custody of the little girl because she wanted a girl. and she was the one who wrote some big checks to get it to happen. Also mentioned that the mother had another child, a half brother tp the girl and was pregnent with her third when she lost custody. If things really were so bad, then wouldn't all the children have been taken?
With hearing that the father had actually spoken out about his father being a convicted child molester I'm thinking the father may never have been the one trying to get custody and there could be some truth to this comment. If it is true, the grandmother should be locked up right along with her husband. So sad that this girl needed a hero and no one showed up.
I hope she's somehow able to heal and find peace.

VB
I saw that too, sounds like someone who knows them. It had me thinking maybe the family is pushing this for money. her dad should have been her hero and not let that man near her.

Grandmom knew her husband sodomized a 10 year old. Daddy knew his father sodomized a 10 year old. If we believe daddy is telling the truth then the investigator KNEW the old man sodomized a 10 year old.

The kid isn't going to get jack off any of those relatives. You can give her a billion dollars and she's still suffered immensely. Put it this way I'd rather have head lice, weeping sores, and wear the same underpants for a week straight instead of having that thing get on top of me and I'm an adult.

Talk about hygene. Thank goodness this poor child didn't get an STD. Heck, who knows? Bless her. Poor kid. Everybody failed her. I hope her lawyer gets her a hefty sum. Yes, I repeated it. Meanwhile the taxpayers are footing the bill for a reoffending sex offender who commited incest.

They Placed her with her loving, concerned dad, how is that Not the dad's fault?

Imo, the reason it isn't the State's fault is b/c the father was stating clearly that he cared about his daughter's well being, and he wanted custody of her for the purpose of protecting her. So it stands to reason that he would also protect her from his father.

What was the State to do? Keep her in a lice infested home with a drug addict mom, or place her in the custody of a dad who appears to have concern for his daughter's well being, which turned out to be a lie.
Dad should go to jail too.
Was the mom really a drug addict?
Was the mom really filthy?
Apparently he proved his case to State that the mom was what he said she was, correct? Or are the courts just granting kids to dads b/c they can?

Did dad have a job, was he able to provide for his daughter when he petitioned the court for custody? Was the court under the impression that dad and daughter would not be in that home for very long, not knowing that she would still be there ten years later?

Dad brought the petition before the courts, and apparently proved his case against the mom, and convinced the courts that he would provide a safe place for his child. The fault lies with the dad.

It is possible that what he really wanted was to not be responsible for child support payments, and to collect it from her mom rather than pay it to her. This is another reason the mom should sue.

That child was sure dealt a lousy family that's for sure jmo, oc.

Just wondering where the maternal grandparents are, and where is the teen living now?

How old is the teen now? Is she 18 yet? If not, is the dad behind the lawsuit?
If she wins, won't he become responsible for the money since as far as we know he still has custody of her.
yuk

I don't care if her father was the most wonderful father on planet Earth. If he was living in the same home with grandpa, then I believe the child should have not been placed there. Period. If had a job and was able to provide for his child, he should have been ordered to move out and get his own place if he wanted to raise his child.

I hope she wins and CPS starts doing their job.............how horrible!!!

Yes CPS shouldn't have let her go with him if he had no intention of moving, but was it really CPS responsibility to tell her dad it wasn't a good idea to live with a convicted child rapist? I guess considering how dumb people really are, they probably should have attached that string to it. I don't understand why dad isn't culpable in all of this, why is everyone so upset at CPS? It was dads duty first and foremost to give her a safe home, just as it is mine to give my children a safe home, not the states.

Obviously, the dad did not care. if he cared that much, he would have got their own place. He endangered his daughter, period.

With the help of the child welfare system.
She was living with her mother, not a child molester UNTIL the state got involved and gave custody to a man who lived with a registered sex offender. If the state would have left her with her mother, she wouldn't have been molested for 10 years by her paternal grandfather.
The State took her from the frying pan and threw her into the fire.
This little girl was raped on a regular basis by a dirty old man solely because of the State's decision and action.

Yes CPS shouldn't have let her go with him if he had no intention of moving, but was it really CPS responsibility to tell her dad it wasn't a good idea to live with a convicted child rapist? I guess considering how dumb people really are, they probably should have attached that string to it. I don't understand why dad isn't culpable in all of this, why is everyone so upset at CPS? It was dads duty first and foremost to give her a safe home, just as it is mine to give my children a safe home, not the states.

She shouldn't have had to spend a day living with a RSO. Not one day.
They were the dumb ones for granting a man who lived with a RSO custody in the first place.
CPS made it their duty when they took her from messy house and gave her to a man who lived with a pedophile. They were the ones with the power to protect her. They made the bad decision that cost a baby her innocense.
If mom's was that bad, they were the ones with other options.
There are a lot of people responsible for this, but only CPS had the power to change her situation.
Normal people with common sense don't send 6 year old girls to live with old men they know have had sex with little girls.

The father was living in the same household as grandpa. So, why place the child there, under these conditions? If the father wanted custody of a child, I would think he should have been required to move out before getting custody.

The father was living in the same household as grandpa. So, why place the child there, under these conditions? If the father wanted custody of a child, I would think he should have been required to move out before getting custody.
I agree, that should have been a stipulation. I did state that in one of my posts. i am not saying CPS in totally NOT to blame. I place a portion of it on them, but the bulk of it on her father. I would say about 15% CPS, 85% dad.

I agree
They were the dumb ones for granting a man who lived with a RSO custody in the first place.
Ok, well again, where does the dad stand on this. Is he not resoponsible at all in this? Why is nobody upset that the dad did not take it upon himself to move. It is taking responsibility off parents.
CPS made it their duty when they took her from messy house and gave her to a man who lived with a pedophile. They were the ones with the power to protect her. They made the bad decision that cost a baby her innocense.
Yes, I place some of the blame with them like I said. Like I also said, it is a parents duty to protect. They did make the desision to send her to live with the dad. I am assuming they knew the living arrangememnts, but still the bulk of responsibility lays with the dad to move. I blame him and the rapist.
There are a lot of people responsible for this, but only CPS had the power to change her situation.
The dad had the power to change her situation but not living there.
Normal people with common sense don't send 6 year old girls to live with old men they know have had sex with little girls.

I am sorry to be argumentative but it's frustrating to me that nobody is blaming the dad. I just don't get it.

Every aspect of this story just boggles the mind. There seems to be so many culpable people involved in this. I hope they all get what they so richly deserve.

I agree
Ok, well again, where does the dad stand on this. Is he not resoponsible at all in this? Why is nobody upset that the dad did not take it upon himself to move. It is taking responsibility off parents.
Yes, I place some of the blame with them like I said. Like I also said, it is a parents duty to protect. They did make the desision to send her to live with the dad. I am assuming they knew the living arrangememnts, but still the bulk of responsibility lays with the dad to move. I blame him and the rapist.
The dad had the power to change her situation but not living there.

I am sorry to be argumentative but it's frustrating to me that nobody is blaming the dad. I just don't get it.

CPS made the decision. It doesn't sound like dad was any better. His house was probably cleaner because his mom cleaned for him not because he was a better parent. It doesn't sound like he was told he had to move or that there was any follow up to make sure gramps was supervised when he was with this little girl. Why ?
Was she cut off from mom ? Did she try to tell ? There's a lot we don't know, but we do know that CPS decided she could live with a RSO who raped her.

I know and I see what you all are saying but (and not to beat a dead horse) IMO they gave custody to the dad and it was up to him at that point to keep his daughter safe and move out of his parents home. We need to as a whole hold parents responsible for the wellbeing of our kids, not inept state agencies. Come on, I don't need the state telling me not to have a child molester live here, whether it is my dad, grandma, or sister, I know better than that. But perhaps I am taking it for granted that all parents know these kind of things. Obviously, I can just spend 5 min on "crimes in the news" and know thats not the case, that alot of parents are total morons. yes CPS dropped the ball, like I said before. Ultimatley though, the responsibility lies with the parent. Dad needs to accept the majority of the blame.

Since when were registered child sex offenders allowed to even be within 50 feet of a child? Let alone live under the same roof! This case is appalling and I hope she wins. They should lock up daddy and grandma right with the child rapist grandpa. What kind of a judge would order this? He needs to be removed from the bench.

I know and I see what you all are saying but (and not to beat a dead horse) IMO they gave custody to the dad and it was up to him at that point to keep his daughter safe and move out of his parents home. We need to as a whole hold parents responsible for the wellbeing of our kids, not inept state agencies. Come on, I don't need the state telling me not to have a child molester live here, whether it is my dad, grandma, or sister, I know better than that. But perhaps I am taking it for granted that all parents know these kind of things. Obviously, I can just spend 5 min on "crimes in the news" and know thats not the case, that alot of parents are total morons. yes CPS dropped the ball, like I said before. Ultimatley though, the responsibility lies with the parent. Dad needs to accept the majority of the blame.

Why did they give him custody ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandabarr
Back