WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much time Lyle spent outside of the hotel when he was there, did anyone there notice anything strange about him other than him pacing up and down by the highway and not looking upbeat for the whole duration of his short stay? If the maid went to get the manager despite the fact that she thought he was praying- did she [the maid] have any second thoughts around that time?

I wonder if anyone there know more than they're letting on?

I've often wondered if he ate during his almost 3 day stay at the motel.

Scandi

There were several "burger joints" close by, as well as a mini mart. There were no food wrappers in his trash, but there was a small soft drink cup (one with coke printed on the outside). He did probably eat during his stay, but didn't bring any food back with him.

last post I meant OutOftheDark...goofy's fine with me. (not doc)
(you're cool with me too tho Doc)
anyway,
I've called the Dept of Anthropology at Wash St U and have spoken to assistant in Anthro who referred me to Mr. Michael Caputi, Administrator of Anthro, whom I emailed (gone for the day) and am patiently awaiting a response. Gave him my home phone too. I'll email a copy of my email to anyone of you that wants it.
As well, i've got emails out to a few at U Brit Col in Vancouver (anthro dept)
requesting assistance for volunteers working on a cold case id. You know they (both schools, probly any credible u does) have great sites within for student researchers, like study resourcesand shared studies. Maybe even a grad student who's specializing in this field could help. shucks, it doesn't have to hold up in a court of law, just a little expertise and guidance. What do ya'll think. Has anyone looked at the other sites i listed, and did you find anything of interest. Also if there's native american jewelry buffs around here, do go check out the site i recommended when searching for buckles. Alltribes.com Absolutely breathtaking stuff. Maybe our little artist from Portland may be interested??
bfn
into the light
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
Hello again,
are there stomach content findings in autopsy report?
kk
There weren't any- which explains why Lyle's clothes were clean when they found him

Lyle obviously knew what he wanted when he died and clean clothing was probably one of them

wasn't there an absence of underwear as well?
i don't remember that on items found belonging to jd
maybe he heard his mother's voice "you better have clean underwear on, what if you get in an accident". he fixed that, didn't wear any.
my ggmother used to tell us to always pack a spare pair incase you 'soil yourself' but then again she was born in 1916. she was an odd one.
hey, don't make fun of my gene pool either. teehee
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
wasn't there an absence of underwear as well?
i don't remember that on items found belonging to jd
maybe he heard his mother's voice "you better have clean underwear on, what if you get in an accident". he fixed that, didn't wear any.
my ggmother used to tell us to always pack a spare pair incase you 'soil yourself' but then again she was born in 1916. she was an odd one.
hey, don't make fun of my gene pool either. teehee
kk
He was wearing boxers. Dark colored print, possibly JC Penny (as I recall). Stomach was empty, so his last meal was at least 5 hours before his death.

Hi Wannabe, I think Coldcaseman said Lyle did have underwear on.

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/olympic/mapwaol2.htm

Here is a Map of the Olympic Peninsula. It shows that the road to Quinault, where the famous Quinault Lodge sits, takes off the main road to the right and goes up north a little ways. BTW it is a beautiful sight to drive up and suddenly here is this huge, quaint log lodge built in the late 20's. I don't remember seeing the town itself, only the lodge.

If you continue on that main road you will come to the lake and cross over a creek that winds on down to the ocean miles away. Just on the other side of that creek is Amanda Park, a bus stop on the Greyhound route. I believe the motel is on that road that takes off the main rd and goes into the town and doesn't sit right on the lake. But it couldn't be much of a walk to go over to the lake, as I am sure they located that town on the lake for tourist fare.

I'll take a look at your site tonight at Alltribes.con Wannabe.

This map is interesting, as the legend shows all of the indian tribes that held land on the Olympic Peninsula. There were the Hoh, Elwah, Makah, Ozette, Quileute, Quinault and the Skokomish. He could have had ancestry from any of these tribes and maybe lived up in Port Angeles which is the biggest town, maybe a city, on the Peninsula. I think that is a possibility.

Scandi

thanks so much dear lady, I am a map Freak! I found some similar maps on the other sites i left ya'll but showing territories LONG ago.
enjoyed it very much. Gotta a little distracted, sorry i didn't reply so quick. Also someone asked me about my Middleton roots and i had to pull up my family tree for a minute.
Anywho, i'm just gonna be browsing anthropology sites. SO much more interesting than belt buckles. I'm gonna check into another item. There's been alot of advances in genetic anthropology. the other nite i was studying the human genome project and there have been many bio markers established in the genetic variations portion of our DNA that indicate some physical attributes. and lots of studying on using DNA for ancestral purposes. Not answering paternity and such but some scientists have mapped out probable ethnic backgrounds and common ancestral lines. It's really fascinating to me, makes it fun. Wouldn't it be great if we could find a genetics expert that could tell us of possible ancestral lines of Lyle??
Feedback loved as always,
ta ta
kk

I forgot, i found a picture today on the NAPNW site (native americans of pac nw) there was a picture of some tribe with an older man 50ish looks like taken in last decade that i swear looks like he could be Lyle's father. No sh**
I have to go back and find it, i lost it when the school nurse called. (scroll down for that saga) I may have to email to one of ya'll to get it on here. Cuz noone's told me how to post pics yet, hello, or told me where to find how to on this site. I'll let ya know. It gave me chills.
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
I forgot, i found a picture today on the NAPNW site (native americans of pac nw) there was a picture of some tribe with an older man 50ish looks like taken in last decade that i swear looks like he could be Lyle's father. No sh**
I have to go back and find it, i lost it when the school nurse called. (scroll down for that saga) I may have to email to one of ya'll to get it on here. Cuz noone's told me how to post pics yet, hello, or told me where to find how to on this site. I'll let ya know. It gave me chills.
kk
I'm presuming the guy looks a lot like Lyle

found it
www.content.lib.washington.edu

first page, bottom right. Man in suit and hat. a pic of my hubby's gfather looks to match clothing style and it's from upstate NY 1924ish.
it's MUCH older than i first thot looking at his dress, Early 1920's maybe. Then clothing style is so regional, not familiar to me. But the eyebrow expression and the mouth look similar. wonder if i can find out the source of that pic?
Just found also the Makah Cultural Research Center up in NeahBay. May be worth contacting them for referral to a forensic artist.
time to go googleing
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
found it
www.content.lib.washington.edu

first page, bottom right. Man in suit and hat. a pic of my hubby's gfather looks to match clothing style and it's from upstate NY 1924ish.
it's MUCH older than i first thot looking at his dress, Early 1920's maybe. Then clothing style is so regional, not familiar to me. But the eyebrow expression and the mouth look similar. wonder if i can find out the source of that pic?
Just found also the Makah Cultural Research Center up in NeahBay. May be worth contacting them for referral to a forensic artist.
time to go googleing
kk
I can't get the link to work. Maybe its just me./

outofthedark said:
Still doesn't work
Me neither. I'm trying to go in the back way. I have the university of WA, Library. What do I need to type in the search engine to see what you are seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali