WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing we are not counting on Gill Grissom then!
CCM.can't you use blood samples to get some kind a genetic markers that in some way help to determine race?
I wish we had Gil Grissom here. His lab can get DNA results back in minutes. Labs can determine genetic markers, and they have in murder cases where you are looking for a suspect who left DNA. Even then, what they can determine is whether the person is Caucasian, Negroid, or Mongoloid. I'm sure Gil could do much better.

Wow a poster who has been on this thread told me of it. Reading that last two pages I have chosen not to post as it seems as if it is kinda one sided at the moment. I will come in and post once I feel it is safe too. GEESH

CCM.You did tell everyone that way long ago.What is codis.does that mean you did a test on heritage or is that done only when you think a crime has been commited?

Wow a poster who has been on this thread told me of it. Reading that last two pages I have chosen not to post as it seems as if it is kinda one sided at the moment. I will come in and post once I feel it is safe too. GEESH

Yep. "Lyle's" thread has never been negative like this until recently. So what has changed? :waitasec: hmm

I wish we had Gil Grissom here. His lab can get DNA results back in minutes. Labs can determine genetic markers, and they have in murder cases where you are looking for a suspect who left DNA. Even then, what they can determine is whether the person is Caucasian, Negroid, or Mongoloid. I'm sure Gil could do much better.

LMAO @ the Gil Grissom comment!! I think we should call him in on this case. :dance:

question, watching Dr. G families sometimes freak at the suggestion of suicide is it possible that because of religous beliefs may be the reason for them not looking for him or why he chose to run away ?

i think that could be very possible!Also the fact that he has made identifying him difficult,he did not want his family to bury him properly.He may not have had contact with them for a very long time,his immediate family may have all passed to!

question, watching Dr. G families sometimes freak at the suggestion of suicide is it possible that because of religous beliefs may be the reason for them not looking for him or why he chose to run away ?

We have no way of knowing if Lyle's family ever looked for him. I don't know of any religion that would disown a family member for committing suicide I think there might be some cultures that do but don't remember which one it is. I was thinking it was some Indian tribes[/SIZE]
:waitasec: [/SIZE]

There is a phenomenon in the NA community that has been complained about for a long time. The issue is that on reservations (and not), when a NA goes missing, sometimes it isn't taken seriously by law enforcement. This has been going on for years, even when there has been evidence of foul play. It is worse in some areas than others, but is often referred to by NA communities as "wandering indian syndrome". In other words, the police think the person just wandered off. End of story. This has been a problem for other minority groups too.

I am somewhat familiar with the NA angle as I taught children in a couple different communities in the past, and have had some exposure, so I've often wondered if in Lyle's case this was a factor.....

ok was just curious. I know that Catholics can be very strict but I really don't know the policy. I do know there is shame in suicide. So was just a thought.

Yep. "Lyle's" thread has never been negative like this until recently. So what has changed? :waitasec: hmm

Lol, I hope it isn't me, I was starting to wonder, well personally, I don't feel people are arguing that much. They just disagree not as if they were calling each others names. And disagreement is not argument. I still think race is important but now really I start to wonder if I shouldn't look at wanted people rather than missing ones. Well anyway when I don't find anything about a doe I start looking for another. I have this bad tendency though like most to look a lot for some but not for others and maybe if I spent one tenth of the time I spend on very few on another I'd find sthg. But there aren't so many that have real clues to their identity. Actually I do know he could be Arabic I just mentionned it for other people to also look at that possibility, there are enough Arabic people in France for me to know what they look like, Arabic people can look very different from one area to another. To me as long as he is dark complected it is fairly possible. Whatever his race was though hazel eyes are pretty rare for dark complected people. I really don't think though that we can deduce that he was adopted, that his family isn't looking for him or whatever I have seen many cases of Does actually most of them in which there was a missing person report and a family longing for answers.

I don't think you can be buried in consecrated ground with some churches if it's suicide. I have been reading up on it will look further. I know some churches you can't marry outside of your religion or you'll be disowned from both church and family, I know some people convert so they can marry people of certain religions (like if you want to marry a catholic or at least was the case for my uncle and an aunt who both married catholics and in some cases the church makes you sign a paper stating the children will be raised as such)

So I have been trying to read up on this in what free time I have...LOL I havent got through it all so i wont make any comments just yet on what I think happened. I just wanted to mention that looking at the photos I think some of you are on to something thinking he may not be from USA. My first impression was Russia. Has anyone else thought this? If so has this location been search for missing people? Also as again I havent made it through everything, could he have been on the run from something and just got tired of running? That may explain why no one has tried to find him. Again sorry if some of this has been discussed, just trying to catch up. There is a lot of info here:clap:

It depends which kind I guess there are some biggots in all religions but in France most people are catholic and they really don't care about such things that it be burial or the religion of who they marry. But most people simply don't care about religion though in France.

So I have been trying to read up on this in what free time I have...LOL I havent got through it all so i wont make any comments just yet on what I think happened. I just wanted to mention that looking at the photos I think some of you are on to something thinking he may not be from USA. My first impression was Russia. Has anyone else thought this? If so has this location been search for missing people? Also as again I havent made it through everything, could he have been on the run from something and just got tired of running? That may explain why no one has tried to find him. Again sorry if some of this has been discussed, just trying to catch up. There is a lot of info here:clap:

Yes, lol, I have tried many possibility. Greek, Russian, Arab, just not Swedish or Irish lol.

I still think race is important but now really I start to wonder if I shouldn't look at wanted people rather than missing ones.

I believe ccm stated at some point in one of these threads that Lyle's fingerprints and DNA were run through databases in the USA and Canada for both missing persons AND wanted criminals and the results were negative. Of course he could be wanted abroad, but ccm stated all his clothing were brands found in North America, so who knows.

It depends which kind I guess there are some biggots in all religions but in France most people are catholic and they really don't care about such things that it be burial or the religion of who they marry. But most people simply don't care about religion though in France.
My grandmother comitted suicide and was given a catholic burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns