WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they would get his case listed on namus!! I don't think it would take that much time or manpower to do that :whistle: .....

We can't enter unidentified cases ourselves, only detectives can do that. We can only enter missing cases

This is a post from 2010 from coldcaseman

"I'm still here. I have been tied up on other cases. Sgt. Steve Shumate is the primary person on Lyle's case, but he has been pretty involved with the Lindsey Baum disappearance. I've tried twice to get Lyle on NAMUS, but it doesn't seem to be going through. I'll check in from time to time."

I wonder if namus would not post it or whatever since he's not the active detective in charge??

This is a post from 2010 from coldcaseman

"I'm still here. I have been tied up on other cases. Sgt. Steve Shumate is the primary person on Lyle's case, but he has been pretty involved with the Lindsey Baum disappearance. I've tried twice to get Lyle on NAMUS, but it doesn't seem to be going through. I'll check in from time to time."

I wonder if namus would not post it or whatever since he's not the active detective in charge??

If it's anything like MP's; he's not filling it in correctly. Took me a while before it would actually save to go to the next step
With mine; I didn't have the county entered & it stopped it from moving on

As this happened just after September 11th, couple of things...

How hard would it have been for him to get across the border from Canada (if he was Canadian), during that time frame?

Any chance a victim list of Sept 11 could help in this situation? Maybe one of his last connections was a victim?

Just thinking aloud.

I know it has been discussed before...just gnawing at me.

Yeah, I feel like there's a connection too. There was a no-fly restriction for a couple of days after 9/11 and limited commercial flight resumed 9/14, the day Lyle arrived at the hotel.

What is an "antemortem loss"? I noticed he had a filling done as well...

ante = before. So a tooth that's an antemortem loss was gone before death and had time to heal over.

If the scar was still fresh at the time of death, the term they use is "perimortem."

And postmortem, obviously, means it's after death.

ante = before. So a tooth that's an antemortem loss was gone before death and had time to heal over.

If the scar was still fresh at the time of death, the term they use is "perimortem."

And postmortem, obviously, means it's after death.

So he was missing a few teeth? Upper teeth 5 and 12 are marked as "A" as with lower teeth 1 and 16.

So he was missing a few teeth? Upper teeth 5 and 12 are marked as "A" as with lower teeth 1 and 16.

Yeah, some teeth missing. Hopefully one of our sleuthers who's good at dental charts can check it out. I only know the basics.

1 and 16 are wisdom teeth, I think. And if I'm remembering correctly from other cases, 5 and 12 are the upper incisors that are sometimes removed to make room for braces.

Yeah, some teeth missing. Hopefully one of our sleuthers who's good at dental charts can check it out. I only know the basics.

1 and 16 are wisdom teeth, I think. And if I'm remembering correctly from other cases, 5 and 12 are the upper incisors that are sometimes removed to make room for braces.

You are right about 1 and 16. They are the upper wisdom teeth (right and left, respectively).

However, 5 and 12 are not incisors. 5 & 12 are the upper bicuspids (R & L, respectively) right behind the canines.

Thanks. I was wondering if the dental work included braces (more than likely). I had braces as a kid, but I had no teeth removed tho. I wonder what the filling was for. I've had extensive dental work myself, yet I'm unfamiliar with much of the terminology!

Had this all this info been made available earlier (if it was possible then), we could have found a few PMs...

Here is a thought I have not heard anyone mention before. There was a very pretty teenage girl murdered within a hundred miles of where Lyle was found within a month or two of his suicide. They did not find her body (if I remember correctly) until January or so the following year. I do not think they ever found out who murdered her. Is it possible that he was her killer and that is what led to his suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly