WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would weigh about 200-210 in this photo; since nobody is identifying the images we've seen of him so far, and since he could have been a crash dieter whose weight fluctuated greatly, it's good to see him portrayed a bit differently.

I still wonder if he had long hair, facial hair, or some other distinguishing characteristic that people he knew can't recognize him without.

I think he definitely bears at least a passing resemblance to Patrick.

I wanted to clarify whom we could contact on social media etc., as there's been some confusion on here. I take it that Lyle's is a very unique case on WS as it's one of the few where there are no suspects or victims of a crime. Anyway, I contacted a mod - I got this response.

As long as no one is discussing the cause of death and only discussing the identity of this person that's OK.

People invite friends and others all the time to join Websleuths. As long as you are not inviting anyone by saying you are representing Websleuths or you are intruding on their personal life to invite them then whatever you do off the forum is your business. Please remember inviting others to Websleuths cannot be discussed on the forum itself.

Maybe he was sick and lost a bunch if weight - no longer wanted to live due too his illness?

I wanted to clarify whom we could contact on social media etc., as there's been some confusion on here. I take it that Lyle's is a very unique case on WS as it's one of the few where there are no suspects or victims of a crime. Anyway, I contacted a mod - I got this response.
Can I ask which Mod? I have a question or two myself. Thanks!

I just looked over Patrick Beaver's Facebook page. The sketch/photo of Lyle was posted there in 2013, which makes me think that a connection between the two has already been looked into.

Personally and IMO, I do not believe they are one in the same--judging by age and other facial characteristics.

Also, I'm sure this has been asked, but has anyone checked the 9/11 missing persons list? They usually have pictures along with them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

In regard to the most recent reconstruction; I can imagine him looking like this when he was heavier. It's a remarkably well considered composition, well done.

I was going through some Canada missing persons and not sure if these guys have been ruled out, I know they're long shots:

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2006007499&id=6
Lucas Zenger, missing since 1992. Height and some features seem similar, but there's only one picture so I'm not sure.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=1999000140&id=5
Kevin Charles, missing since 1993. Age progression is a little similar. Thoughts?
That last one is very similar

Hello all, I posted a few weeks ago regarding Tihomir (Tim) Maletic, please see link below.
I submitted him to the Canadian Authorities & they have responded saying they have passed the information on to the investigator
An article I found on Tim states his parents have left it in Gods hands for him to come home so I'm not sure if they are actively searching

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4837dmon.html

Below is my post pointing out my believed similarities. I've also added a couple of things

I agree with you on the reason of his suicide

I believe males stop growing at the age of 21? So he could have grown a lot taller

Other similarities I see

he's wearing a plaid shirt
he favours boots
looks as if his earlobes are attached
he has a slim build
he could work with our slight Canadian accent
the good teeth is imperative
hazel eyes could be interpreted as brown
His background is Croatian (stevic could be a Croatian name)
Slight sneer
Nose seems to be identical

The only thing that I'm hesitating on in his age. This guy was 35 at the time Lyle was found

Adding to his age as we had already discussed Mediterranean skin ages quite well so Lyle could be older

Ill keep everyone updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member