WA WA - Union Gap, NtvAmFem 26-40, 918UFWA, found on Tribal Land, clothes, "bowling-type" shoes, Feb'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Original
6138f00edf67b.image.jpg

Dolores Segura reminds me of Parker Doe visually.
Dolores Segura – The Charley Project

Can somebody tell me why strands of her hair in the new recon are blonde? Maybe I missed that.

Hyoid bone missing. How would that work? If she was strangled the bone would be crushed, but still there....Can somebody fill me in!

From Investigators plan to exhume, identify remains found more than 33 years ago in Yakima County
It’s not unusual for the hyoid bone to be missing from a skeleton that has lain outside for several months, the coroner said, because it’s held in place by tissue

One cold case that has already gotten close attention is that of the unidentified woman whose remains were found near Parker Dam and the unincorporated community of Parker on Feb. 16, 1988. Authorities think the 30- to 40-year-old woman, believed to be Native, was murdered.

Towell requested the exhumation a few days after an October meeting in Yakima on missing Native women. On Wednesday, he and Udell met with new Yakima County Coroner James Curtice for more discussion. A date for the exhumation has not been set.

Cold case task force members will be able to see written documents on all cold cases, which are in three-ring binders along with related evidence in the sheriff’s office evidence rooms.

“The process over the next 90 days is to establish what we need to do,” Udell said. “It shouldn’t be too hard to get going. We’ll just have to give them access to our new information systems.”

Cold cases heating up again as Yakima County sheriff plans task force

Investigators estimated Doe lay where she was found for around four to 10 months. At least two Indigenous women disappeared in 1987 and another woman, described as petite with black hair, was reported missing from Toppenish in December 1986.
upload_2022-1-23_18-22-24.jpeg
One of the Indigenous women — Daisy Mae Heath, also known as Daisy Tallman — wasn’t as petite as Doe, but the other was a smaller woman. In the missing person report filed with Yakama Nation Tribal Police by her cousin, Karen Louise Johnley Wallahee is described as being around 5 feet tall and weighing about 100 pounds.

They are among dozens of Indigenous women and men who have gone missing, have been found murdered and have died mysteriously on and around the 1.3-million-acre Yakama reservation over decades. Many cases are unsolved.

With confirmation that the skull and the skeletal remains at King County are Doe’s, efforts to identify her through DNA can begin in earnest.

A volunteer with experience in investigations is working with the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office on its cold cases, Curtice said. The sheriff’s office is investigating Doe’s death and the FBI is also involved. Authorities with both agencies attended the exhumation and have been working with Curtice.
Skull, skeletal remains matched, moving Parker Doe one step closer to being identified

Family gathers to remember Daisy Mae Heath, who was reported missing in 1987 at age 29

The Vanished: 25 people in Yakima County on updated list of missing Indigenous persons

Last edited:
There are three Yakima County cases in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System — commonly known as NamUs — of women reported missing from November 1987 to late December 1986, around the estimated time frame Parker Doe was left at the site where she was found.

NamUs is a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified and unclaimed person cases. It's the most complete listing available to the general public.

Two of the women are Native — Daisy Mae Heath, formerly known as Daisy Mae Tallman, and Karen Louise Johnley Wallahee. The other, Rosia Evers, is listed as Caucasian but was a petite woman with long black hair.
Three women reported missing in Yakima County in 1987 and late 1986

Could she have been Mexican? She wore a Mexican brand of shirt and pants. Not sure how well those would have been available in the USA in the 80s?
Many Mexicans have a lot of Native admix or are pretty fully Native.

I was also thinking she could have been Mexican. It would be great if we knew if the labels were fully in Spanish or if the clothing was just made in Mexico. Clothing made in Mexico was fairly available in parts of the U.S from my knowledge during the 80's. Brand would be a big clue too.

I was also thinking she could also be First Nations from Canada due to the proximity to Washington.

Bumping. Two rule-outs on NamUs: Karen Johnley Wallahee and Daisy Heath who turned out to be a Jane Doe herself

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back