GUILTY WA - Vanda Boone, 60, murdered on the Yelm-Tenino Trail, 8 Aug 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UPDATE: Thurston County Sheriff's deputies have booked Bernard K. Howell, 26, of Tenino into jail on one count of murder in the second degree and one count of theft in the first degree. According to court papers, Howell told police he found the body and had sexual contact with the dead woman, who was in her 50s.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/09/1330324/man-pulled-over-with-dead-body.html#ixzz0w9N5RZBw

why am I having a hard time with the charges second degree murder and first degree theft. it seem backwork:waitasec:

So he may be connected to the Nancy Moyer disappearence ?

Oh my gosh. He may have killed someone, then abused the body, then was found by police with the body in the truck.
And now he may have been using meth and he may hear voices.

And if that is the truth, how long has he been like that?

Nancy Moyer is missing, Lindsay Baum is missing, at least one other person, whose name escapes me at the moment, who went missing last year.

I can only hope that some mysteries are solved.

UPDATE: Thurston County Sheriff's deputies have booked Bernard K. Howell, 26, of Tenino into jail on one count of murder in the second degree and one count of theft in the first degree. According to court papers, Howell told police he found the body and had sexual contact with the dead woman, who was in her 50s.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/09/1330324/man-pulled-over-with-dead-body.html#ixzz0w9N5RZBw

Good grief, this is getting worse by the minute! I was about to ask "what kind of sexual contact" but :eek: nevermind.

So they still haven't identified the victim. I wonder if it's the unnamed missing women they have been referring to.

No way in H. E. double L. is this his first time.

Prosecutors say Howell has a history of mental illness. Howell faces another court hearing Thursday where prosecutors hope to charge him then send him to Western State Hospital for a full evaluation

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/100259709.html

alot more details here

Ummm, okay, WOW! From your link:

Erik Kohnhorst, told KOMO News Howell showed up on his Tenino home doorstep Sunday afternoon, agitated, covered in sweat and desperate.

"He was trying to get me to help him move something and I asked him if it was heavy and stuff and he said 'yeah,' " Kohnhorst said. "His clothes were kind of messed up."

Kohnhorst later surmised Howell was asking him to help move the body.

"That's the only thing I can figure," Kohnhorst said.

Hours later, investigators say a man spotted Howell along Highway 507 near the Yelm to Tenino trail, by himself, loading a body into his truck.

Police say Howell asked the man to help put the body in the passenger seat because the back of his truck was filled with a large, white refrigerator he used to store meat.

The man refused, drove into town and flagged down a deputy. The deputy spotted the truck a short time later and stopped the driver near Tenino Elementary School.

I missed this from that same article the first time I read it.

Investigators say they found the victim's wallet and keys under the front seat. Also, a vehicle found in the area belongs to a Yelm woman who has not been seen since Sunday morning, but Chamberlain said investigators don't know for sure if that is the same person found dead in the truck.

I wonder why they haven't named the victim. Are they awaiting notification of her family?

this article is FILLED with new info.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/09/1295573/man-arrested-after-being-stopped.html

A 26-year-old Tenino man who was pulled over Sunday night with a dead woman in his pickup told police he had discovered the dead body, bloody and in “pretty bad shape,” on the Chehalis Western Trail hours earlier and then had sex with the body, court papers state.

The suspect, Bernard Keith Howell of Keithan Street in Tenino, told a judge Monday that he is self-employed and delivers meat in Tenino. There was a refrigerator unit in the bed of Howell’s pickup when he was arrested Sunday night, but it was empty, according to Thurston County sheriff’s detective Steve Hamilton
THANK GOD!

Howell told Hamilton that he had “brought plastic bags, a sleeping bag, zip ties, bungee type elastic cords and a ten-pound weight with him.” Howell said he brought the 10-pound weight to “help her body sink.” Howell denied having anything to do with the woman’s death.

God Bless that poor woman's family.

Lovejac's link has dad being a bit chatty. Says his son has a screw loose. Ya think? Son saw a Doctor once by his own admission but never went back due to cost and lack of help. That's sad because he needed it.

As fhc already told us dad says he's afraid his son had gotten into meth. Wrestler in high school. Had a few girlfriends all whom were older than him.

Looks like he keeps changing his story. Of course.

This case is just weird! :eek: As TWA would say....you just can't make this stuff up!

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...kup-truck-still-not-identified-100374654.html

Victim identified as Vanda Skau Boone

Boone apparently has no next of kin. Authorities say it appears her only remaining family member, a brother, died last month in Brazil. Boone recently lived in New York and Florida.

Detectives also said they have contacted other police agencies in Western Washington to see if Howell might be responsible for any other unsolved crimes. A sheriff's office spokesperson said there is no evidence linking Howell to other crimes at this point.

Never buy meat off the back of a truck.

Never, never, never.

Just imagine how anyone who bought meat from him would be feeling right now.:puke:

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...kup-truck-still-not-identified-100374654.html

Victim identified as Vanda Skau Boone

Boone apparently has no next of kin. Authorities say it appears her only remaining family member, a brother, died last month in Brazil. Boone recently lived in New York and Florida.

Detectives also said they have contacted other police agencies in Western Washington to see if Howell might be responsible for any other unsolved crimes. A sheriff's office spokesperson said there is no evidence linking Howell to other crimes at this point.

Except for the needing help loading the body part, he was quite prepared.
So maybe not his 'first' time imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420