GUILTY WA - Zina Linnik, 12, Tacoma, 4 July 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just wanted to let y'all know that FOX news is saying that there is going to be a press conference on Zina's story at 2:30ET.

I agree completely! I've heard of sex offenders who, even after being charged three times, are only getting parole. And even then, there aren't enough parole officers to check up on them, and some offenders are going weeks to months without having address verification, etc. And so many offenders are listign homeless shelters as their places of address and spend the days walking through the streets unmonitored. How many more deaths do at the hands of these offenders do we have to deal with? I almost think that nothing will change until a lawmaker's relative or friend is harmed.

Wow, so true. It seems like a program needs to be started with something similar to AA and the "sponsor". A citizen should be deputized and each offender assigned to a "watcher". The offender should have to check in with the Watcher weekly. These people should not be allowed private internet access. They should ALL have an ankle braclet or just implant a chip in their head.
Wait - that sounds too expensive and difficult...it makes more sense to lock them up for life.

If we can't do that, then we need a better monitoring system. Pretty soon, people in the communities will have to take matters into their own hands. The police and court systems are so heavily burdened by all the criminal acitivity. If that stars to happen, I can't say I'd blame anyone - it's a natural thing to protect your own if no one else will.

I would pay more taxes to create prisons in desolate areas to house these creeps for life.

This is so sad.. God Bless this little girl and her family...
I don't know when Pierce County will wake up and take these Sex offenders more seriously. It's scary to think this guy was right down the road from me. Not to mention the 39 other registered sex offenders close to my house.
Very scary to raise a family here now days.

This is so sad.. God Bless this little girl and her family...
I don't know when Pierce County will wake up and take these Sex offenders more seriously. It's scary to think this guy was right down the road from me. Not to mention the 39 other registered sex offenders close to my house.
Very scary to raise a family here now days.

Not to mention the sex offenders who haven't registered that you don't even know about!

I grieve for us all because our country is not safe for children. Gone are the days when you could "just go outside and play" as my mother used to tell us.

When will we have the guts to stand up to the ACLU and take it back?

Wow, so true. It seems like a program needs to be started with something similar to AA and the "sponsor". A citizen should be deputized and each offender assigned to a "watcher". The offender should have to check in with the Watcher weekly. These people should not be allowed private internet access. They should ALL have an ankle braclet or just implant a chip in their head.
Wait - that sounds too expensive and difficult...it makes more sense to lock them up for life.

If we can't do that, then we need a better monitoring system. Pretty soon, people in the communities will have to take matters into their own hands. The police and court systems are so heavily burdened by all the criminal acitivity. If that stars to happen, I can't say I'd blame anyone - it's a natural thing to protect your own if no one else will.

I would pay more taxes to create prisons in desolate areas to house these creeps for life.

It would make more sense to pay more taxes and keep them behind bars. I would be willing to pay more taxes to do that. No one is safe with them being monitored while living among us.

Very sad to hear of the loss of Zina. :(

Something else that is sad, though, is that last year the state of Washington TRIED to pass a One Strike Law. This would have been for VIOLENT sex offenses, not for peeing in the park or statuatory rape, but violent offenses such as rape of a child. We didn't get enough signatures to take it to a vote, though. Granted, it would not have helped in this case, because this guy pleaded down (UGH! :banghead:) but so many other victims could have been spared with this law in the past and future.

Zina and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

It is heartbreaking that this little girl was found deceased today. I saw it on the news and my heart just fell. I expected it after all of this time but still hoped that she would be found alive.

I find it ironic that this monster was put into one of those great sex offender programs and it was said "he completed the program successfully!!!" I wonder what they have to say now??? How successful did he complete the program when he just raped and murdered a little girl? Those programs are worth nothing. These perverts can't be cured and I don't know when that is going to be understood. I doubt that this little girl is the only little girl that he has raped since he "successfully completed the sex offender program."

I couldn't agree more Bobbisangel. These programs DO NOT work. These sickos cannot be cured, so why waste the money on them? They are lower than pond scum, and they will reoffend. I want to know why he wasn't deported the first time?

I couldn't agree more Bobbisangel. These programs DO NOT work. These sickos cannot be cured, so why waste the money on them? They are lower than pond scum, and they will reoffend. I want to know why he wasn't deported the first time?

Sex offenders, Illegals, Meth... It's all an epidemic here. I guess it's like that in most big city's. But in the last 6 years or so it's gotten really bad here.
Police don't seem to take many things seriously. We are considered outside city limits. So it's the sheriff we deal with.
I think they are mostly interested in giving traffic citations.

I've spoken with several people today about lax sex offender laws and how to get them tougher, but they tell me legislators are reluctant to enact harsher penalties and punishments because the majority of sex offenders are relatives - the most common sex offender is a stepfather and the most common victim a stepdaughter. I don't know why this would keep legislators from trying everything they can to stop this, but it's apparently a reason they give for not giving harsher punishments.

Sex offenders, Illegals, Meth... It's all an epidemic here. I guess it's like that in most big city's. But in the last 6 years or so it's gotten really bad here.
Police don't seem to take many things seriously. We are considered outside city limits. So it's the sheriff we deal with.
I think they are mostly interested in giving traffic citations.

Yep there is a major breakdown in the system. Revenue generating activities seem to take a priority with some LE and that is putting pressure on the people who can pay the fines for speeding etc. Revenue generating crimes...it just seems warped. That is why some members of LE are more interested in writing tickets. I have no idea how to fix that, but it's a problem for sure.

Perhaps they should get a bonus for arresting serious druggies (meth and not pot), discovering meth labs, and checking up on registered sex offenders instead of writing tickets.

I am so sad that Zina was found deceased. Just knowing that her last moments on earth were spent with that low life makes my heart ache even more so.

That will have his rights being honored and he will have more mercy and coutesy bestowed upon him than he gave to little Zina Linnick.

Fly High with the Angels, Zina.

You did not die in vain. Your voice will live on.

Tacoma LE diligent about bringing the suspect to justice

Susupect charged with failure to register as sex offender, anticipating more serious charges.

LE looking at cold cases form past and similar cases that perp may be involved in.

The suspect in the abduction and slaying of a 12-year-old Tacoma girl is being investigated in connection with other crimes -- locally and in other parts of the country, Tacoma police said.

Police Chief Don Ramsdell told reporters Tacoma police "will continue to be diligent to bring the suspect, Terapon Adhahn, to justice" in the murder of Zina Linnik, who was kidnapped from an alley near her home on July 4.

Police announced on Thursday night that Zina's body had been found.

Ramsdell said it was recovered from a rural area of eastern Pierce County, but he declined to provide the exact location.

Ramsdell said Adhahn is being charged with failing to register as a sex offender and that he would be charged in Zina's abduction and death.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/13678925/detail.html

YES!!!!!! I bet she was. I was trying to think of this child's name when I was wondering who else this lowlife might have killed.

Adre'anna and Zina were sort of similar in looks, too...light-lightish hair, brown eyes....around the same age.

That's what I thought when I saw Adre'anna's photo. She looks a lot like Zina.

I wish they would release all the places this perp has lived around the country. It is going to be so difficult for so many families to just sit and wait now knowing it is possible he was involved with so many. <sigh> The creep!

It is impressive that the father could tell police about the van # in the plate and description of perp. Only wish that they had run the plate info that night. Don't know if it would have saved Zina. Adrianna is only about 12 miles away I pray that her case can be solved too. Bless these poor families. The horror and then the public morbidness and speculation so very difficult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back