Wallenda Attempts Walk Across Niagara Falls on tightrope. Friday 6/15/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I'm going to...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I walked away from the TV for a minute. Is that what he said?! I've never been and the only thing I know about it is from that episode of the Brady Bunch.

Yep, he said the permits are already in place.

I'm sorry, but I find this stunt to be a ridiculous waste of money and time. I wonder who paid for all of this hoopla? There was never ANY risk to the guy. The most he would fall is about 4-5 feet with that tether on him. What was the big deal? It makes me embarrassed that as Americans we get so overwhelmed by these stupid stunts...

Bread and circuses, anyone?

(JMO and only MO.)

Still, those boots were really cool.

I don't know how much it really does for the economy here though. The Falls tourism business doesn't generate as much as you'd think. They tickets that were being put out, I'm not sure if they were sold or just reserved. Even so, I imagine that city didn't get much of it.

I don't know how much it really does for the economy here though. The Falls tourism business doesn't generate as much as you'd think. They tickets that were being put out, I'm not sure if they were sold or just reserved. Even so, I imagine that city didn't get much of it.

You have to factor in restaurants, gas and hotels and Niagara Falls merchandise, plus special merchandise made for the occasion. We reaped all the tax money on that. JMO

You have to factor in restaurants, gas and hotels and Niagara Falls merchandise, plus special merchandise made for the occasion. We reaped all the tax money on that. JMO

True. I think I just feel guilty about people coming here. The Falls themselves are beautiful, but 4 blocks in either direction and you've got nothing but run down houses.

I had a friend from RI come to visit a few years ago. She said, that's it? LOL

I lived here my entire life and didn't see them until my early 20s.

Steely, Colorado should recruit you for the Grand Canyon walk advance team!

True. I think I just feel guilty about people coming here. The Falls themselves are beautiful, but 4 blocks in either direction and you've got nothing but run down houses.

I had a friend from RI come to visit a few years ago. She said, that's it? LOL

I lived here my entire life and didn't see them until my early 20s.

I hate to say this because I know Lexi's lurking here, but the Canadian side is much better.

I hate to say this because I know Lexi's lurking here, but the Canadian side is much better.

It's sadly true, though. WNY has such amazing history, but you'd never guess it because it's gotten paved over or torn down.

The "Honeymoon Capital" has absolutely nothing besides those water falls. And easy access to Canada. I hate to say that, because I love this area fiercely.

It appears there's a pre show at 8pm for an hour about daredevil stunts at the falls in history. Then the Wallenda thing is from 9-11. Of course his walk will probably occur at 10:30 and all of the other stuff will build up.

WALK.....?

Did you mean, ".....his FALL will probably occur at 10:30 and all the other stuff will be a build up."

LOL I'm sure you're not going to miss anything!

The webcams I've been watching are starting to buffer and error out like crazy. I guess I wasn't the only one with this idea. Not that you can see anything, anyway. I just wanted to watch the set up.

20 minutes until it starts! What if he has to pee up there? Do you think that changes anything?

If he does have to pee... he better not pee into the wind!

What part of the Grand Canyon? I know the National Park is rather strict about the part that they control... the Dept of Interior wouldn't even let Evel Knievel pull off his stunt that he wanted to do, there.

BBM

That'd be hysterical to see him take a whiz up there. :laughcry:

Supposedly, when they come back he'll be making the walk. He said he doesn't like the harness, he's never worn one before.

...only the kind with long sleeves that are tied behind the back! :crazy:

Not gonna lie, now that he's actually on the wire I'm a little nervous. Even though I know nothing is going to happen.

True story....

A relative of a friend of mine was watching one of the (now deceased) Wallendas take a tightrope walk...

Mr. Wallenda fell... and my friend's relative accidentally caught the shoe in her outstretched hand as the poor dare-devil fell! :gasp:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back