Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview clips with BR were interesting. He seemed more "normal" than we had been led to believe. In one interview wasn't he supposed to have seemed "off" to the interviewer? Was it the one with the child psychologist? From the parts shown last night, he seemed like a typical 9 year old.

New Dr. Phil clip

[video=youtube;aGN3eqcZB18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGN3eqcZB18[/video]

New Dr. Phil clip

[video=youtube;aGN3eqcZB18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGN3eqcZB18[/video]

Ty FB

@ 0:06 wondering what the image is that is shown to BR.
optical illusion?

@ 0:32
BR: I know what happened to my sister.
.... I think that someone took her very quietly and...

The interview clips with BR were interesting. He seemed more "normal" than we had been led to believe. In one interview wasn't he supposed to have seemed "off" to the interviewer? Was it the one with the child psychologist? From the parts shown last night, he seemed like a typical 9 year old.

He seemed pretty "off" to me. Twisting every which way in the chair, smirking when talking about JBR's death (similarly how JR does), and taking a big pause when remembering the last moment he saw JBR. Which, by the way, was not her walking into the house or up the spiral staircase as he told the GJ.

All JMO.

The twisting in the chair didn't seem odd to me, but I worked in the school system a long time and saw a lot of this type of fidgeting when the kids interacted with adults. It usually indicated they were uncomfortable for some reason (we were discussing something with them they did not want to discuss: bad behavior in the classroom etc.) I could see BR being intensely uncomfortable when questioned, especially without a parent sitting there coaching him in what to say.

I'm firmly in the RDI camp myself, so I'm not convinced BR wasn't involved somehow, he just didn't seem unemotional or uncaring to me. I think he did not want to be with the questioner or to discuss JBR. He may have learned the smirking mannerism from watching JR.

Whether BR was actively involved, I think he knows what happened that night and did not want to be questioned about it.

Folks, I've been stirred up by all of this 20-year stuff, but now I'm MAD!

For one thing, the trailer for the A&E special confirmed my suspicions: there's nothing new here. It's the same old garbage we'd expect from David Mills and the usual suspects repackaged for a new audience. One thinks of a cicada showing up every few years. And among the normal RST bulls**t is the tired, worn-out claim that anyone in the original investigation who believed in the intruder theory was dismissed. We've heard that one, right? But anyone who actually knows about this case knows that they were dismissed because they were unprofessional at best, deliberately broke the law at worst (and I'm looking at you, Lou Smit). Both Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy believed in the intruder theory like a Jesuit believes in Christ. If they got rid of people on their team, it's because those people were drawing too much negative attention.

But that's not the half of it. No, no. I'm speaking directly to YOU, John Ramsey. You say the Boulder police were convinced you did it? Yeah, that's the funny thing about police in this country: they have a knack for zeroing in on killers. But for you, an elderly, white, wealthy businessman to talk about being the "victim" of a "lynch mob" is just the latest in a SERIES of indignities that you and those who side with you, whether they were hired by you or just threw in with you, have perpetrated against the memories of the REAL victims, not just the little victim in this case, but ALL the victims of REAL lynchings!

Let me show you something, John. THIS is what a lynching looks like:

View attachment 100606

Oh, you're a great talker, John Ramsey. But as good as you are, you and Patsy were NOT the victims here. The victim was a six-year-old girl who was defenseless. But instead of thinking about her, all you've thought about is yourself. And you've taken pretty good care of yourself, haven't you? And for you to claim victimhood is more VILE, more VULGAR and more OBSCENE than anything you've ever falsely accused anyone else of being guilty of!

My man Johnny Cash said it all:

You may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will come to the light
You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later, God will cut you down.

Sooner or later, God will cut you down.

Best post ever. I watched this last night and before it even began I was angry. I was texting my sister who was also watching. She hasn't really followed this so I was texting furiously pointing out all the lies and spin. And then she said she thinks IDI.

Then my head exploded and I passed out.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except he was 11. The interview was in 1998. Just saying. 2 years makes a big difference.

Someone posted something yesterday to link that JR's attorney, Lin Wood, is representing Dr Phil and his wife in a slander or libel lawsuit against the National Enquirer and others IIRC. So my guess it that's how JR got connected with Dr P. Beth Holloway was also represented by Wood, and she was involved with Ramsey. I'm not sure though, which came first.

But it just reinforces to me that the BR/Dr P interview will be a pro-Ramsey piece, with Wood probably being the matchmaker.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SuperDave

Folks, I've been stirred up by all of this 20-year stuff, but now I'm MAD!

For one thing, the trailer for the A&E special confirmed my suspicions: there's nothing new here.

I'm surprised that anyone thought there would be something new being disclosed or somehow there was going to be a "gotcha" moment. It's been 20 years and multiple smart detectives and FBI folks have been over this case with a fine tooth comb ever since. Only 3 people knew what happened to JBR and 1 of them is dead (PR). The other 2 certainly are not going to tell what they know or implicate themselves; why would they do that?

There's no information that's going to come out that will allow JR to be arrested. The police have everything and the R's were still not arrested. BR is not going to be of any help and if BR is the one who hurt his sister, he's not going to be arrested since he was only 9 yrs old at the time.

Legally, it's over. There will never be an arrest or conviction. The staging and all of that was terrible, but it was just that--staging to try and save their family member. JR's role in this cannot be proved. TV specials won't be proving anything.

I'm surprised that anyone thought there would be something new being disclosed or somehow there was going to be a "gotcha" moment. It's been 20 years and multiple smart detectives and FBI folks have been over this case with a fine tooth comb ever since. Only 3 people knew what happened to JBR and 1 of them is dead (PR). The other 2 certainly are not going to tell what they know or implicate themselves; why would they do that?

There's no information that's going to come out that will allow JR to be arrested. The police have everything and the R's were still not arrested. BR is not going to be of any help and if BR is the one who hurt his sister, he's not going to be arrested since he was only 9 yrs old at the time.

Legally, it's over. There will never be an arrest or conviction. The staging and all of that was terrible, but it was just that--staging to try and save their family member. JR's role in this cannot be proved. TV specials won't be proving anything.

We all know this but were hoping for at least a factual, non biased presentation of the facts. We were hoping that someone would present the case without giving such deference to the parents.

Anyone who comes out and publicly says the family was (obviously) involved is in for a world of hurt from threatened lawsuits. It's never going to happen while lawyers are engaged by the Ramsey family. And no interviewer is going to have any member of the R family on a show and also get away with making the strong suggestion that someone inside the family is involved. Having a Ramsey member interviewed is, in itself, a conflict.

The best factual non-biased presentation of the facts, with no limit of 42 min airtime or a couple hours of airtime, are contained in the books by Steve Thomas, Lawrence Schiller and a couple others. (IMO).

Argh the Facebook crime groups are full of IDI types feeling sorry for "those poor parents" (actual quote). UGH.

I was thinking about this case earlier today. And I was thinking about it from the angle of the HUGE LIE that was told and then the resulting burden that created, far, far beyond what the parents could ever imagine.

Put aside the horror of the crime (or accident) itself for just a second. Now imagine trying to create and then continue on with the BIG LIE. It grows bigger and bigger and wider. It takes on a life of its own. They can never ever tell the truth about that night. It's too late. They did all that staging and coverup and are locked into this bogus story forever.

I say 'forever,' because to admit what really happened would be far more than they would ever do. PR went to her grave with that lie. It probably contributed to her demise, that's a dark thing to carry around. JR... well...he too knows the truth (whatever it is). That is a burden that he too will take to his grave. There will always be millions of people who know they lied, know it was a coverup. I don't care how much support and butt-kissing they've gotten, they KNOW the truth and it's awful. They can hide it but they can never escape it. That's a whole lot of bad ju-ju and bad Karma. And BR, he will forever be branded by this case too. He can never tell the real story, not if he's going to protect the family name and legacy.

That's a burden I'd never want and IMO that's a certain kind of Hell all on its own.

Best post ever. I watched this last night and before it even began I was angry. I was texting my sister who was also watching. She hasn't really followed this so I was texting furiously pointing out all the lies and spin. And then she said she thinks IDI.

MOO

Lord almighty. I figured I was looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. (Or is that rose-TAINTED glasses?)

I'm surprised that anyone thought there would be something new being disclosed or somehow there was going to be a "gotcha" moment. It's been 20 years and multiple smart detectives and FBI folks have been over this case with a fine tooth comb ever since.

Well, that's something I've wanted to bring up, Madeleine74: thanks to Boulder, it's been 20 years. If it had happened in say, Los Angeles, it would have been solved in 20 minutes.

Only 3 people knew what happened to JBR and 1 of them is dead (PR). The other 2 certainly are not going to tell what they know or implicate themselves; why would they do that?

How convenient for them. Patsy's death was the death-blow for this case, for me.

Like I said: 20 years in Boulder, 20 minutes anywhere else.

Anyone who comes out and publicly says the family was (obviously) involved is in for a world of hurt from threatened lawsuits.

I'm not so sure that's true anymore, M74 (Do you mind if I shorten it?). They've never sued Jim Kolar, Wendy Murphy or Cyril Wecht. They've never even sued ME! And I practically BEGGED 'em to do it.

It's never going to happen while lawyers are engaged by the Ramsey family. And no interviewer is going to have any member of the R family on a show and also get away with making the strong suggestion that someone inside the family is involved. Having a Ramsey member interviewed is, in itself, a conflict.

Agreed, 100%. I wonder if these people are scared of John's contacts, too. I can just imagine John saying, "If I could do that to someone I love, imagine what I can do to someone YOU love." Brr.

The best factual non-biased presentation of the facts, with no limit of 42 min airtime or a couple hours of airtime, are contained in the books by Steve Thomas, Lawrence Schiller and a couple others. (IMO).

True enough, but those can be a bit wordy for some.

Argh the Facebook crime groups are full of IDI types feeling sorry for "those poor parents" (actual quote). UGH.

MID, I've found it's possible to think the Rs (or one of them) did it and still be sympathetic to one degree or other. But yeah, I get what you mean. Let's see what they say after the CBS show.

MOO

Heyya Lc,

Then my head exploded and I passed out. - Lc

Gee. I'm really dreading watching DrP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online