Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(bbm)
I know most of you are 'experts' who have studied the details of this case for years. So please bear with me.

1. Are grand jurors sworn to secrecy forever? Who is authorized to release details of the GJ findings? How can it be determined what they concluded?

2. Who/what is the source regarding: 1. cherries & grapes; 2. info that BR was crying? If PW, by what source: book, article, video? Where is it documented or is it just her word?
I certainly don't claim "expert" status, Boodles. But the Colorado statutes are pretty specific. Everything (testimony, evidence, reports, etc.) that is presented to the GJ is supposed to be confidential -- forever. Grand jurors (as well as witnesses) take an oath to that effect when they begin serving. The exception to this veil of secrecy is any "official actions" taken by them. A returned indictment is one such official action, and in the event of failure to return any true bills (the individual charges within the indictment document) they can write a "report" of their findings which is made public. But a report is not mandatory.

The sitting district attorney is the official "custodian" of the GJ records and is authorized to release any information within the law.

Hunter chose to go around what many consider his obligations were by implying that the GJ had failed to return an indictment. But since they actually did, they could not issue a report. Unchallenged, the facts of their actions would have remained in this limbo. But when Charlie Brennan sued to have the information made public, it forced the court to release the true bills (but not the entire indictment).

BTW, I don't know if the GJ members were aware of this, but had they so chosen, they could have gone around Hunter and presented their indictment in court without Hunter's approval.

(bbm)I certainly don't claim "expert" status, Boodles. But the Colorado statutes are pretty specific. Everything (testimony, evidence, reports, etc.) that is presented to the GJ is supposed to be confidential -- forever. Grand jurors (as well as witnesses) take an oath to that effect when they begin serving. The exception to this veil of secrecy is any "official actions" taken by them. A returned indictment is one such official action, and in the event of failure to return any true bills (the individual charges within the indictment document) they can write a "report" of their findings which is made public. But a report is not mandatory.

The sitting district attorney is the official "custodian" of the GJ records and is authorized to release any information within the law.

Hunter chose to go around what many consider his obligations were by implying that the GJ had failed to return an indictment. But since they actually did, they could not issue a report. Unchallenged, the facts of their actions would have remained in this limbo. But when Charlie Brennan sued to have the information made public, it forced the court to release the true bills (but not the entire indictment).

BTW, I don't know if the GJ members were aware of this, but had they so chosen, they could have gone around Hunter and presented their indictment in court without Hunter's approval.

otg,
So what prevents the GJ members from filing their indictment today, reason: just for the record?

otg,
So what prevents the GJ members from filing their indictment today, reason: just for the record?
The fact that they are no longer a member of a GJ. Once the GJ was disbanded and they were dismissed, they simply became private citizens again with no power of the GJ behind them.

Interesting old post...

I believe it may be this college student that BlueCrab refers to in that post.

DOI Page 153

"Nathan, a young CU college student, already lived with the Stines and helped take care of their son, Doug, after school since both Susan and Glen worked at the university. By the time we moved in, though, Susan had retired from her position as director of planning to do some consulting work and have more free time. Her free time soon tuned into a full-time job as housemother, nursemaid, and in general, Florence Nightingale.

The Ramsey clan, which included my mom and dad as well as the two of us, Burke, basically slipped into this arrangement and were welcomed as part of the household. Nine people now lived in a house that had formerly held four. To most people, this situation would seem impossible, but somehow Susan made it all work."

Nathan Inouwe
Susan Stine's Live-In Sitter
Occasionally Drove Burke or JonBenet to School

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-nathan-inouwe.htm

Wow- he looks so much like his mother. I think I'm a little shocked at the resemblance.

(bbm)

otg,
under what circumstances would they be advised of such?

(bbm)BTW, I don't know if the GJ members were aware of this, but had they so chosen, they could have gone around Hunter and presented their indictment in court without Hunter's approval.

I think you're on to something there. The GJ heard what the prosecution had at the time and, essentially, cut the baby in half. The counts they did indict on we're clearly watered down theories that didn't quite say the parents were intentional and didn't quite say they were innocent.

Also, I imagine no citizen really wanted to get super involved with this circus. No one wants this noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're on to something there. The GJ heard what the prosecution had at the time and, essentially, cut the baby in half. The counts they did indict on we're clearly watered down theories that didn't quite say the parents were intentional and didn't quite say they were innocent.

Also, I imagine no citizen really wanted to get super involved with this circus. No one wants this noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like I've said before, awillis0513: this case isn't cold, it's downright radioactive. And everything that comes near it gets contaminated.

otg,
under what circumstances would they be advised of such?
That I don’t know. Are new jurors given a packet of information advising them of their duties, responsibilities, and powers? Is it the obligation of the DA’s office to tell them this, or is it left to them to discover on their own? I don’t know the answer, but I suspect they were not even aware of it. But I also suspect that they didn’t know what Hunter was going to do (not filing charges) until after he made the announcement. At that point, I believe they had already been officially dismissed.

This article just came out on E news:
http://m.eonline.com/amp/news/79102...sey-was-murdered-i-know-people-think-i-did-it
I'm blown away by this because he says that Patsy woke him up DURING THE NIGHT, searching for Jon Benet. This makes either him a liar or Borh Parenrs who have always maintained that Burke never woke until the next morning, sometime after the Police arrived.

It was probably still dark when Patsy woke up and found the ransom note, so maybe it felt like night to him even though it wasn't.

Are you familiar with the Ramsey's version. He never said that when he was questioned this is all new.

She wasn't the one to wake him up according to the depositions. That's my point, he was never told she was missing until he left the house, and certainly no one told him about the ransom note?

E online quoted him directly in the article and they wouldn't do that if he never said it. The article I posted came out an hour ago. Your posting a completely different article?

Where is the video of him saying that? It's probably an accurate quote but I am just wondering why there's no clip of Burke saying that.

E online quoted him directly in the article and they wouldn't do that if he never said it. The article I posted came out an hour ago. Your posting a completely different article?

It's coming out on the Dr. Phil show I supposed on Sept. 12th. Did you read the article? He said it, no doubt about it.

I hope Kolar will be watching. I'd love to hear HIS comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth