Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
In Darin's statement to police he writes that he came downstairs in answer to Darlie's shouts wearing glasses, but no pants. He writes that he did go upstairs before the police arrived to put on his pants.

In Darin's statement to police he writes that he came downstairs in answer to Darlie's shouts wearing glasses, but no pants. He writes that he did go upstairs before the police arrived to put on his pants.

If I would have been in the sam situation as Darin was there is no way in the world I would have left my bleeding childrens sides to go put pants on. In an emergency situation like that I would have cared less who might have came in and saw me with no pants on. My main focus would be on trying to save the children and not worrying about if I had pants on or not. Those precious last minutes with his children were wasted if he went to get his pants on from upstairs. JMO

Thats incorrect. Darin's statement to police reads as follows (summarized):

...I heard a noise and then Darlie screaming...I woke up quickly grabbed my glasses on the night stand and ran downstairs as fast as I could. I ran over to Devin...I started CPR...I looked over at Darlie and she was on the phone to 911. I ran over to Damon...Police came in and I told them that my boys were stabbed and she told him that he went out the garage. I ran upstairs to put my pants on....I needed someone to help...the paramedics when they arrived. I went downstairs and ran out of the house...

Darin's statement and Officer Waddell's testimony commits Darin to a time frame in which he put pants on. Darin either put his pants on before the police arrived (per Officer Waddell's testimony), or he put them on right after Officer Waddell arrived on the scene (per Darin's statement to police). In my opinion, it doesn't matter whose sequence of events is correct, as they both reveal that Darin, like Darlie, was not concerned with saving is boys.

That's true. What ever Darin said or wrote (and Darlie changed her story,too) Darin's a strange case. With one son lying dead in the house and another in an ambulance heading for the hospital, Darin sits on a curb outside.

That's true. What ever Darin said or wrote (and Darlie changed her story,too) Darin's a strange case. With one son lying dead in the house and another in an ambulance heading for the hospital, Darin sits on a curb outside.

Wholeheartedly AGREE!! IMOHO he is a sleezebag at the least, if not involved in some fashion/sort of a way!! :fence::moo:

I am a lurker on this particular case. I remember all too well, and periodically over the years have read/researched some more.

Personally, I do believe that Darlie is and will always be guilty of murdering those babies. I have not had the opportunity to read all transcripts, but even with the conflicting information/scenarios the family puts out there, I can't see it any differently. I personally believe they are in denial. As a mother, if this happened to one of my children, I think I would be in denial until I couldn't anymore.

I do believe that Darin was culpable in the cover up, that he probably knows a lot more than he is telling. He probably knows the one thing that would seal the deal and the speculation. But he won't tell for whatever his reasons are. To save her mother, keep her in denial, so that Drake doesn't have to know. IDK, but that is my thought.

I think personally, that Darlie had so much time and opportunity and there was probably some rage involved from the argument before Darin went to bed where they were discussing separation. A couple months earlier she had contemplated suicide (thought part of me wants to believe that it was her way of manipulating Darin and all those around her. Post Partum depression in the early 90's was really being given quite a bit of air time as a reason why women lose it) Not saying that she didn't have it, not saying that she didn't contemplate ending it but really I don't believe it or a minute. She was very self centered. If thinking about killing herself got that much attention, who knows where her mind went after that.

Honestly, I think their whole life together, even when they had children, was about Darlie, what she wanted, what she needed etc. I believe that night when discussing separation (as these talks often do) it was about what was best for the children. Darlie didn't like taking a back seat to the kids in this. Everything had been about her for so long. She was so angry that he was willing to separate and didn't take the typical approach of we can work it out. This was her way of getting the focus back to her and the pity party routine that got her her way.

In the end, yes, I believe that Darin did not sleep through it all, nor do I believe it was her screams that brought him downstairs. I think he knows what exactly happened. He may be running under the influence of what is best for Drake..i.e. mom is innocent. I believe that more than anything now that they have divorced.

Regardless, it so much reminds me of the Diane Downs case. Not insane by any means. Just manipulative women who want it all, and willing to do whatever to get it.

Kelly

Thats incorrect. Darin's statement to police reads as follows (summarized):

...I heard a noise and then Darlie screaming...I woke up quickly grabbed my glasses on the night stand and ran downstairs as fast as I could. I ran over to Devin...I started CPR...I looked over at Darlie and she was on the phone to 911. I ran over to Damon...Police came in and I told them that my boys were stabbed and she told him that he went out the garage. I ran upstairs to put my pants on....I needed someone to help...the paramedics when they arrived. I went downstairs and ran out of the house...

Darin's statement and Officer Waddell's testimony commits Darin to a time frame in which he put pants on. Darin either put his pants on before the police arrived (per Officer Waddell's testimony), or he put them on right after Officer Waddell arrived on the scene (per Darin's statement to police). In my opinion, it doesn't matter whose sequence of events is correct, as they both reveal that Darin, like Darlie, was not concerned with saving is boys.

Darin was seen on his front lawn by the nighbour across the street. He was wearing pants so he put his pants on before the police arrived as he was on the lawn when the first officer pulled up to the house.

I seem to be confused here. Was Darin outside when Waddell arrived or did Waddell see him outside after he had arrived and was checking the area for a suspect? In Darin's statements written to police he does not go outside till after the police arrive. His wearing of pants should be considered an important clue and this is why. If you aren't wearing pants and you are surrounded by a bloody crime scene, you are doing CPR and even state that blood is spraying out of the wounds, then more likely than not you will have blood on your skin and it will transfer to the inside of your pants when you put them on. Was blood found on the inside of his pants? This could answer the million dollar question here. When did Darin put on pants? I have also read somewhere that Darin showered upstairs. Is this true? Did the police allow him to do this? Him sitting on the curb does not alarm me as the police ,most likely, did not allow him to leave the crime scene until they had at least questioned him more. This is common practice to retain witnesses at the scene and since the house was a big crime scene they didn't want him in it changing things, or tracking blood creating false clues. He sat outside on the curb. The testing of his pants is very important. What tests were done?

When Darin put his pants on depends on whom you want to believe. Darin writes in his first handwritten statement to police that he grabbed up his glasses when he heard noise and then came downstairs, presumably in his underwear. He says that after the police arrived, he went upstairs to put his pants on. Darlie says that Darin came downstairs wearing his pants, but no glasses. I tend to believe Darin. The police let Darin shower at a neighbor's house and put on the same clothes he was wearing to go to the hospital. Those clothes were collected at the hospital and Darin wore some hospital scrubs home. Darin tried to get into the ambulance, but the attendants would not let him ride with Darlie. He went and sat on a curb until an officer offered to bring him to the hospital where he was interviewed.

What testing was done on his pants?
Was there blood on the inside of them?

Darin's pants were not included in the original DNA testing. Neither the defense nor the prosecution asked for the tests at the trial.. When Darlie made her last appeal, her attorneys asked for DNA testing on the pants and underwear. The judge denied this request because these items were not requested to be tested at the first trial. Only re-testing of some items was approved and to be paid for by the state. Darlie's family is trying to raise funds for private testing of the pants and underwear.

Can someone tell me why Darin lost custody of Drake? Was it because he was in the house when the other two boys were killed? Did they suspect Darin's involvement but couldn't prove it?

I never got the official reason.

Thank you

DH and I were recently talking about a couple who used to be pretty good friends of ours till the wife became a pill addict.

The Husband admitted something she did, and then recanted, and stuck by her side. Had to do with her breaking into our home and stealing.

My DH said to me that he has no real hard feelings for the Husband. That he doesn't look down on him for standing by his wife. He vowed to do so and DH understands that. He said he would have done the same with me.:what:

Anyway, it made me think of Darin and how far people are willing to take their marital vows. My DH surprised me by saying what he said. I would hope that if I killed someone, he'd change his mind. But, who knows!

I've never thought Darin had anything to do with the killings but I believe deep down he knows Darlie killed the kids.

If there are children in a house where a crime occurred, the Courts in Texas automatically order a custody hearing to determine the best interest of the child. Darin did not really have Drake removed from his custody, he voluntarily surrendered custody of Drake to his mother, Sarilda. Darin had lost his home, had no job and was living with Darlie Kee. They could not have concentrated on their fight to free Darlie and ensure a stable home for Drake. This is according to Darin and Darlie Kee.

The conflicting statements about when Darin put on his pants still bothers me. He says he went upstairs and put on his pants AFTER Waddell arrived and that he did not leave the house to get help until AFTER Wadell arrived. This makes me ask.... Who did Waddell see outside the house wearing bloody jeans and no shirt?

The conflicting statements about when Darin put on his pants still bothers me. He says he went upstairs and put on his pants AFTER Waddell arrived and that he did not leave the house to get help until AFTER Wadell arrived. This makes me ask.... Who did Waddell see outside the house wearing bloody jeans and no shirt?

The way I understood it, is Darin ran outside to meet Waddell to bring him inside, so he saw Darin then, outside in that condition. Thats not the same as leaving the house to get help, from Karan, etc. He did that later, as I understand it. I definately dont think it was 'the intruder' that Waddell saw outside with no shirt and bloody jeans.....why would this intruder wait, not in the garage but by the front door, sit through 911 call, then run out the front door passing a cop? Not to say that's what you are suggesting just curious why that part bothers you so much, or what ideas it gives you?

.....because Darin is lying....of course it was him wearing pants when Waddell arrived,so when did he really put the pants on??????did he sleep in them,then why didn't he say so?did he run downstairs,see his dying babies but decided to run upstairs again to put on pants before aiding them???????????....of course not,IMO his pants where on because they were on all night when he and Darlie got into a horrible fight that ended with Darlie wounded and the children dead :( IMOO.....

It was Darin he saw and it's confirmed by the testimony of the neighbour across the street who was looking out his windows when Waddell arrived. Waddell pulled his gun on Darin.Are we to believe he just let some other man run past him and didn't try to stop him?

Darin is lying, just like he lied all through his trial testimony.

I don't trust anyone who was willing to stage a break in of the house to collect insurance money. If Darin wasn't involved, he should be proud of himself, because that little stunt is probably what gave Darlie the idea to kill her kids and blame it on a break in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back