Was Joe involved?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My vote goes to the Joe didn't do it camp. However I think he is involved in some way.

Another thing.....

Since no body has been found and no blood or weapon or any real evidence of a murder, how are they calling this a homicide and claiming Haleigh has been murdered? I realize it's been a long time, but what gives them the 'clue' there is murder involved besides this group of liars telling them something to that effect - without proof to back it up?

Just wondering why she could not be just considered 'missing' instead of dead?

Is there a link to LE saying that Joe is not a suspect or POI?

Yes, there are a few articles out there, here is an older one.
However, LE also said the world was a suspect. The lattes from LE is that there are "Several POI", they just didn't name any. The fact that LE only questioned Joe for 45min during the river search gives me the indication they are not looking at him as a suspect as Haleigh's killer. But that is JMO.
Misty Croslin's Tennessee Relative Not a Suspect in Haleigh's Disappearance
Created: 2/21/2009 2:26:20 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- The relative of Misty Croslin who investigators had been questioning in Tennessee is not a suspect in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.
Captain Dick Schauland didn't have much new information to release in a press conference, but when asked point-blank about whether the man known as 'Joe' in Tennessee was a suspect or person of interest, Schauland said he wasn't.[/B]

Article: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1872&catid=295

Another thing.....

Since no body has been found and no blood or weapon or any real evidence of a murder, how are they calling this a homicide and claiming Haleigh has been murdered? I realize it's been a long time, but what gives them the 'clue' there is murder involved besides this group of liars telling them something to that effect - without proof to back it up?

Maybe I read to much into things. LE has a strange way of saying things. I try to read between the lines. The fact that LE said the case is a Homicide investigation and that Haleigh may of died in the Shell Harbor area makes me confident that they did find evidence that led them to believe she is no longer alive. I doubt they are changing the status of missing to homicide just because of something someone said. They would not risk this investigation unless they had some hard evidence. And even though they say no bones were found, I don't buy it. Some test take months-years.

They were mostly deer bones, with some alligator and possibly other animal bones. (Key word here is IMO is mostly. To me that indicates there could of been human bones found.)

Sheriff's Office: Bones Seen By Misty Croslin Near Satsuma Dock Were Animal Bones

"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=155059

According to the sheriff's office, divers had uncovered many bones and placed them near the dock to dry.

They were mostly deer bones, with some alligator and possibly other animal bones.

An anthropologist was on the scene to identify them.

The sheriff's office said Misty saw the bones as she was being led to the ramp, but at no time did investigators tell her they were human bones.

The sheriff's office also said many of the bones were shipped to the FDLE lab for further investigation, and that some of those may be shipped on to other labs as well.

While some items have been shipped to a human remains lab in Gainesville, investigators said that was only for teaching purposes at the lab, and they do not need those items back.

I sometimes wonder if the LE is playing their own game with the "several" people of interest.

Another thing.....

Key witnesses, the last people known to be with her, are telling the police that she is dead and that her body was disposed of. They may not be telling the truth about the specifics but there is no reasonable expectation that she is alive at this point.

If Scott Peterson or Drew Peterson had started telling the police that (insert name here) killed and dumped their wives body instead of the she just disappeared into thin air they would have changed those from missing persons to homicides as well.

Is there a link to LE saying that Joe is not a suspect or POI?

It is true that Joe has not yet been labeled as a suspect or even a person of interest, however, neither has Misty, Tommy, Timmy, RC....or anyone for that matter.

The article linked saying that Joe O was ruled out was from February 22, 2009 and I find it difficult to comprehend why LE has such an interest in someone they have "ruled out".

In this article http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100416/ARTICLES/4161003 dated April 15, 2010 Sherriff Hardy is very clear in stating that there are person's of interest in the case but no-one in custody related to the Haleigh case.

snip~Hardy added there are "persons of interest" in the case, but he said no one is in custody related to Haleigh's case.~ end

S Hardy also stated this: snip~A cousin of theirs, Joseph Overstreet, has been questioned in the past and was questioned by authorities again this week. Hardy said Overstreet is now "lawyered up."~ end

Now, perhaps he is "lawyered up" because he is being wrongly accused, or maybe he is "lawyered up" because he is involved and needs proper representation to look out for his best interests....time will surely tell. JMO

Well of course she does. lol Then she and Joe could continue the ruse that they had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance or had any knowledge about what happened to her and she wouldnt have FLDE breathing down her neck.IMO

Yeah, and Misty could have lawyered up she'd be as free as Joe is today.

It is true that Joe has not yet been labeled as a suspect or even a person of interest, however, neither has Misty, Tommy, Timmy, RC....or anyone for that matter.

The article linked saying that Joe O was ruled out was from February 22, 2009 and I find it difficult to comprehend why LE has such an interest in someone they have "ruled out".

In this article http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100416/ARTICLES/4161003 dated April 15, 2010 Sherriff Hardy is very clear in stating that there are person's of interest in the case but no-one in custody related to the Haleigh case.

snip~Hardy added there are "persons of interest" in the case, but he said no one is in custody related to Haleigh's case.~ end

S Hardy also stated this: snip~A cousin of theirs, Joseph Overstreet, has been questioned in the past and was questioned by authorities again this week. Hardy said Overstreet is now "lawyered up."~ end

Now, perhaps he is "lawyered up" because he is being wrongly accused, or maybe he is "lawyered up" because he is involved and needs proper representation to look out for his best interests....time will surely tell. JMO

That quote was from 10 or 12 days after Haleigh disappeared. A lot has come up since that time that probably changes that, and they've apparently developed some interest in Joe since that time, enough at least to try to interview him at 11:30 at night in TN.

That holds true for all the cast of players.

Misty hasn't been named a suspect or a POI.
Tommy hasn't been named a suspect or a POI.
Ron Cummings has not been named a suspect or POI

No one has and I suspect that no one will be named until they are arrested and charged with the crime(s)

JOs own mother said he keeps close to the house now and Joe said he has lost a lot of his family over this.

I think Joe is smart enough to know that LE has him under surveillance and is watching him if he makes a move. He doesn't even have a car that I am aware of so him fleeing is a stretch.

I just cant fathom the DA releasing these disparaging tapes about Joe if they thought he was an innocent man. I don't think they have ever thought he was innocent. The DA has to know by revealing this information it is putting extreme pressure and anxiety on Overstreet and imo the DA wants him to sweat.

It's always interesting to note just how differently we each see the events in a specific case.
I'm one person who is not surprised the DA would release these tapes where the players discuss Joe as a murderer. LE is not the ones making the claims Joe is a bad guy. It's not LE's duty to protect Joe's reputation.
To me, it makes sense for LE to release the tapes if they believe him to be innocent. If they thought he was guilty, they would not release the tapes. They would not want Joe to get the idea he's suspicious in the eyes of LE.
JMO

Yes, there are a few articles out there, here is an older one.
However, LE also said the world was a suspect. The lattes from LE is that there are "Several POI", they just didn't name any. The fact that LE only questioned Joe for 45min during the river search gives me the indication they are not looking at him as a suspect as Haleigh's killer. But that is JMO.

All it gives me the indication of is way back then when specifically asked about Joe Overstreet they said he was not a suspect but heck they weren't labeling anyone a suspect.

We still don't even know who the unnamed POI are.

I think their investigation from then forward brought JO right back on the radar screen.

IMO, there is no way with the economy as bad as it is now that law enforcement officials would travel 1300 miles round trip to speak with JO for 45 minutes. IMO, the interview got heated, accusatory and JOs attorney stopped the interview and that was that and as Hardy's disgusted tone reflected "JO has lawyered up" and imo that means he is no longer communicating with Florida or cooperating.

IMO

:banghead: Something is fishy here...I was listening to the audio of Misty's jail visit with her dad before the river search and she tells Hank Sr. at that visit that she is not sure if Joe had anything to do with Haleigh. So, if that is the case, then why would she write a letter to Chelsea saying that Joe did this and that? I just don't get it. I wonder if that letter Chelsea claims she didn't give to LE, that she gave it to LP instead was written by Misty. First off why did she give it to LP? Why keep it from LE? I just don't know what to believe. :banghead:

It seems to me that any letter Misty writes from her jail cell LE would know what's in it before it was mailed. They would not need someone to give them a copy of any letter she writes. I've always thought there was no privacy in jail, even when it comes to correspondence via the U.S. Mail system. jmo

Since facts regarding Joe Overstreet are in short supply, let me point out 3 documented facts that have, to date, stood the test of time over the past 15 months:

(1) Joe Overstreet is not a suspect.

(2) Joe Overstreet is not a person of interest.

(3) Joe Overstreet has been ruled out.

For fifteen months, Joe Overstreet has not run, nor has he been in hiding. He has sat at his mother’s house while incarcerated drug addicts who are proven liars have attempted to attack his standing with LE in this investigation, yet still, Joe Overstreet remains a free man whose status with LE has never publicly changed.

Not one other person in this investigation has received this level of clearance by LE with the possible exception of the a/c man. Maybe it’s actually because he is an innocent man.

Thanks Papa,

And don't forget, Ron Cummings vouched for Joe too. There was no fight about a gun and Joe was not at the house that night.............and as we have all been told, if Ron Cummings said it, then it has to be true................NOT! JMO.

[QUOTE

It's always interesting to note just how differently we each see the events in a specific case.
I'm one person who is not surprised the DA would release these tapes where the players discuss Joe as a murderer. LE is not the ones making the claims Joe is a bad guy. It's not LE's duty to protect Joe's reputation.
To me, it makes sense for LE to release the tapes if they believe him to be innocent. If they thought he was guilty, they would not release the tapes. They would not want Joe to get the idea he's suspicious in the eyes of LE.
JMO

I respectfully disagree.

I am sure that the DA and LE are very well aware that there are kooks out in our society everywhere and if JO was a totally innocent man they would not impose such extreme anxiety and stress upon him needlessly. This has got to be making even JO shake in his work boots. They would never jeopardize someone if they thought him innocent as a babe imo by blasting it to the world that he is being accused of being a child killer. LE nor the DA has come out to refute it to even try to quiten the uproar this has got to have caused in his own hometown because IMO they believe it to be true. They are ratcheting up the heat just like they have done in other cases. It is a strategy used often.

Of course they would release the tapes just like other tapes have been dumped into the public domain and were a vital part of the case when it came to trial.

That is like saying they would always ask that 911 calls be sealed since many times the ones calling turnout to be the murderer themselves. In the Guy Heinz Jr mass case out of Georgia they released the 911 call he made then they turned around and arrested him for killing 8 family members. They knew he was the one who murdered his family when the call was released.

IMO

I don't get the impression that anyone, even in his own family, cares one hoot about Joe and his reputation. Not even Joe himself. So...why should LE?

If Joe's going to go suing anyone for slander/defamation I'd say he can start with his Granny Flo. She did more national damage to him in one NG show than releasing these tapes could do in a year.

JMHO

What I do not get is if JO was involved why wasn't he fingered the day after he left? Ron said JO was not there... take as you will. If JO is so bad AND if Ron suspected him why announce he was not there? If JO "did it" how would he know where to hide a body where it would never be found? How would he even know what direction he should go in to avoid being seen? He was not from this area. My gut says whoever took Haleigh (disposed of her) had to be very familiar with the area and with LE. MOO

Does anyone know the date that Ron said no Joe was not there and there wasn't a fight?

Misty stayed with her parents the first day or so. It was in a news video and it's no where to be found. At least I haven't found it.

Hey let me know if I should move this post to the Q&A. thx.

Does anyone know the date that Ron said no Joe was not there and there wasn't a fight?Misty stayed with her parents the first day or so. It was in a news video and it's no where to be found. At least I haven't found it.

Hey let me know if I should move this post to the Q&A. thx.
2/19/2009? MAYBE
Cummings was also asked about reports that he got into a fight with a relative shortly before Haleigh disappeared.

this does not state JO was not there. I did read JO was not allowed at the MH per Ron but I can't find it now so strike that! must be a rumor!!!
"There was no fight with a cousin over a gun," he replied, adding that he doesn't know how such rumors got started.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131740&catid=3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back