Was John Involved?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
narlacat said:
Capps
Aren't you the one that has theory that someone that JR did business with is somehow responsible for the death of JBR?
Bumpity bump Capps.

narlacat said:
Bumpity bump Capps.

Narlacat,

Sorry for not replying,I missed your post somehow!

I wrote that theory almost a year ago,it's not a theory written in stone ... but yes.I think it can be a possibility.

But as I stated in my post that your referring to,the example that was given,to characterize John with being a liar is a stretch. In fact he didn't lie,he really didn't have a hard time getting into work that day. Did he lie-no,was he being coy-yes.

Anyway,I wasn't defending John as being a liar or not ....just stating that the example given was a stretch.

Again,sorry for the delay in answering your question.

capps said:
For heaven's sake,using that example to prove John has bad character and is a liar,is really stretching it to make John look bad. I call what he did as having business savvy.Happens every day in the business world ... right or wrong. It didn't hurt anyone.
No worries Capps, its a big discussion board here at WS, it's easy to miss stuff.

With your theory in mind, that someone who had business dealings with JR, may have been responsible for his daughter's death, how can you say 'it didnt hurt anyone'.
I can think of one person who got hurt and in fact she died.

narlacat said:
No worries Capps, its a big discussion board here at WS, it's easy to miss stuff.

With your theory in mind, that someone who had business dealings with JR, may have been responsible for his daughter's death, how can you say 'it didnt hurt anyone'.
I can think of one person who got hurt and in fact she died.

Narlacat,

You're missing my whole point,on that ONE EXAMPLE given.

Yes,I can say with all certainty that the customer John was speaking to on the phone,on a stormy day, years earlier when John's business was being run from his basement,and John coyly advised this customer he did not have a hard time getting into work ... did not hurt anyone.

There are many many aspects of this case that are worthy of going back and forth and discussing,I don't believe this is one of them.

BTW,in my theory,I said it may have been a powerful,important person,it didn't necessarily have to be a business associate.

Ok, point taken.
I just thought you of all people would have thought John Ramsey was a liar, thought you may have changed your theory.
It's hard to have one set theory for this case, I don't know how many posters there are that do....most of us here have at least one or two favourite theories.

It is intriguing in that, in all likelihood JonBenet died at the hands of another Ramsey, but because of the wierd friends, relatives and associates you end up getting lost in a sea of suspects...

narlacat said:
yes, what question anyone?? Jayelle's??
Let me find it for you. Why_Nut uploaded the actual tv recording somewhere. If it is still online, you can watch it for yourself. See the Ramseys listening to the question, Patsy nodding and then John saying he couldn't hear it. LOL

Edited to add :- Here is the link to Why_Nut's video:-

http://media.putfile.com/JonBenets-Parents-lie-on-national-TV

Thanks Jayelle's :)
It doesn't look like it's going to work for me, I'll keep trying.

It says connecting to server, then...doesn't lol.
Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?
Thanks.

Toltec said:
This was when Patsy and Nedra were in New York. They had left a restaurant, and then they slipped into a waiting Rolls Royce. Inside was a man named Raul.

Before arriving home from NYC, John answered a phone call from a "Raul". He wanted to make sure Patsy made it home safely.

John became furious and when he confronted Patsy about it, Patsy told John that she thought the Rolls Royce was a "cab". A simple misunderstanding. John didn't buy it so he kicked the kitchen door.

That's strange,was it common practice for Patsy do give out her home phone number to people in "cabs"?

I'm not familiar with this story,is there a source?

Narlacat,

I had the same problem. You need to register first. Then if you have a newer computer it will download for you. If not a newer computer you can convert to MWV. I didn't want to convert because I don't want to change settings. Good luck. Lana8

capps said:
That's strange,was it common practice for Patsy do give out her home phone number to people in "cabs"?

It's from one of John's depositions/interviews. That's about as much as I remember. All are at www.acandyrose.com You could try doing a search for "Raoul".

(When I hear that name I am reminded of TV ad for Irn Bru - a Scottish soft drink. They use a character called Raoul to epitomise everything that a woman doesn't want in a man and they are hilarious.)

capps said:

The NE...pgs 323-4:

MK:....Did you guys ever get in a fight or disagreements?

JR: ....Not really, no. The only time I got angry was - this was years ago - she had gone to New York with her girlfriend and her mother. They'd gone to shows and they had a great time. And she was on her way home and I got a call from this Raul, wanted to know if Patsy got home all right.

And so when she came in, I said, "Who is Raul?" So there was this long story about how they had come out of the show and one of the others said, "Okay, here's a cab, get in." And they jump in and there was this guy in the back and it was Raul.

It was a perfectly innocent story, but I was suspicious, I guess. And that's the only time I ever really got angry, I guess, with her.

MK: And how did you resolve it?

JR: I think I kicked the kitchen door, and that was it.

MK: When she got home, did you have this discussion about that?

JR: Oh, yeah. I had to know who Raul was.

MK: Did you believe her?

JR: Oh, yeah, yeah. I mean, she was with her mother, for heavens sake.

MK: Couldn't her mother have given her an a alibi?

JR: Well, she supported her telling me.

truecrime said:
Narlacat,

I had the same problem. You need to register first. Then if you have a newer computer it will download for you. If not a newer computer you can convert to MWV. I didn't want to convert because I don't want to change settings. Good luck. Lana8
Thanks for that truecrime!
I must have to convert I'd say.....and don't like the sound of changing settings LOL
Bummer, might try it on someone else's pc.

Toltec said:
The NE...pgs 323-4:

JR: ....Not really, no. The only time I got angry was - this was years ago - she had gone to New York with her girlfriend and her mother. They'd gone to shows and they had a great time. And she was on her way home and I got a call from this Raul, wanted to know if Patsy got home all right.

And so when she came in, I said, "Who is Raul?" So there was this long story about how they had come out of the show and one of the others said, "Okay, here's a cab, get in." And they jump in and there was this guy in the back and it was Raul.

It was a perfectly innocent story, but I was suspicious, I guess. And that's the only time I ever really got angry, I guess, with her.

He kinda talks without saying anything, it's pretty unclear what he's actually trying to say, or maybe that's just me.

Toltec said:
The NE...pgs 323-4:

Thanks Toltec,

Lets' see ... they jump into a cab that they are sharing with a stranger in NYC,and at sometime before they get out of the cab,Patsy has given this stranger,Raoul,her home phone number.

Wow ... she is a trusting person.

capps said:
Thanks Toltec,

Lets' see ... they jump into a cab that they are sharing with a stranger in NYC,and at sometime before they get out of the cab,Patsy has given this stranger,Raoul,her home phone number.

If she did that, and it sounds like she did, then she's a total *advertiser censored*! Come on down and visit Atlanta, you'll love it! Here's my number if you're in town...a bit far stretching even for "southern hospitality".

capps said:
Thanks Toltec,

Hmm, I don't suppose this little insight into this aspect of Patsy's personality would influence anyone into conceding a little more of a 'possibly' to my theory that Patsy did not strictly monitor access of male relatives and friends to her daughter JonBenet?

Not me. Getting into what you somehow might have thought was a cab (who confuses a Rolls Royce with a cab???) with your mother is nowhere near the same as allowing men access to your daughter.

I assume once she realized (if she didn't already know) that she was in someone's private car, she apologized and she and Nedra poured on the Southern charm to get a ride. I'm sure they chatted and cozied up to the car's owner and then gave him her phone number when he expressed concern over her traveling home (because obviously she's an idiot if she mistakes a Rolls Royce for a cab.)

That does not mean that she would willingly allow just any man relative or not access to molest her young daughter. What a woman does with herself is quite different than what she will allow with her children.

A question for you, aussiesheila - OT, but I forgot which thread you made the comment in. In reference to JonBenet standing on a chair with her hands tied above her head for sexual abuse...isn't it going to be more difficult to molest a child standing on a chair, since she needs her legs to support her weight? Not to be nasty, but if you really want to molest someone, you take all of their weight off their legs because you need their legs out of the way for the molesting.

Nuisanceposter said:
Not me. Getting into what you somehow might have thought was a cab (who confuses a Rolls Royce with a cab???) with your mother is nowhere near the same as allowing men access to your daughter.

I assume once she realized (if she didn't already know) that she was in someone's private car, she apologized and she and Nedra poured on the Southern charm to get a ride. I'm sure they chatted and cozied up to the car's owner and then gave him her phone number when he expressed concern over her traveling home (because obviously she's an idiot if she mistakes a Rolls Royce for a cab.)

That does not mean that she would willingly allow just any man relative or not access to molest her young daughter. What a woman does with herself is quite different than what she will allow with her children.

A question for you, aussiesheila - OT, but I forgot which thread you made the comment in. In reference to JonBenet standing on a chair with her hands tied above her head for sexual abuse...isn't it going to be more difficult to molest a child standing on a chair, since she needs her legs to support her weight? Not to be nasty, but if you really want to molest someone, you take all of their weight off their legs because you need their legs out of the way for the molesting.
Yes but Patsy was not allowing them access to molest, just access, I don't think she really thought about what they did when they 'got access'. On that point, she was asked in one of the police interviews about the party at the Whites when some of the people at the party left the house for a while and joined some carollers, She was asked whether JonBenet left to join the carollers and she said she couldn't remember! I find it rather amazing that she couldn't remember whether her 6 year old doughter had left a party to go out in the street unaccompanied by either parent with a group of adults. I think that was an indication of how close an eye she kept on JonBenet at these functions. She didn't have to be willingly handing her over for molestation. All she had to be doing was not worrying too much or noticing where JonBenet slipped off to in the presumably large mansions where these parties were held.

To be honest I don't actually know what child abusers do but I imagine their activities vary. The coroner found evidence of digital penetration, perhaps on this occasion they was all they were wanting to do. Maybe this session had a bit more emphasis on the torture aspect. Maybe that's what they were getting off on that night.

My daughter's best friend was molested when she was ten while upstairs during a "Bible class" that was being held downstairs for the adults. There WERE other children present however the 19 yr old boy managed to get her alone for a few minutes. SHE NEVER TOLD HER MOTHER! They are 24 yrs old now, and she has continued to keep this secret.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back